Melbourne Victory vs Western Sydney Wanderers 6/11/2017 7:50PM

We just hesitate way too much when we attack, especially when we are on a couter attack, and the opposition get a chance to get their defence set. Once they are set we try to wait until we have the perfect opportunity and usually lose the ball before we get that opportunity. Also, not sure why we don't take a leaf out of the Socceroos book and use the biscuit like vi$ion more than we do. Lob the ball into the box for him to score off his head.It has worked a few times already, but then we stop doing it.

Observations:

Started ok (like every other game)

The Austin send off was a turning point. MV become more physical and Milligan should have been sent off. 

The penalty once again brought a 4min VAR delay which might have put Reira off but IMO it wasn't the best penalties and maybe someone else should step up.

Muscat must have had a big dummy spit with Green (something that Foxe is not capable of) at half time as in the 2nd half almost every foul we committed we got a yellow cut. They kept on fouling and getting away with it.

Their goal came from a throw in that should have been ours and then a foul. Defending was bad and from then on we ran out of out of puff again....this time we were a man up and didn't even make it to the 60th min. 

All in all there was a lot that went against us but we should still have finished them in the 1st half. 

Jumpei was the usual....great stuff and misses the final pass.

Riera good goal, missed the penalty and didn't do much more.

Cejudo good link up for the goal and nothing else. 

Bridge did nothing all game.

The fitness is a big issue , I cannot see us winning many games when we cannot last the 90 minutes.

Well done to all those that travelled...on tv you came across very loud.

1 minute ago, tardotz said:

Observations:

Started ok (like every other game)

The Austin send off was a turning point. MV become more physical and Milligan should have been sent off. 

The penalty once again brought a 4min VAR delay which might have put Reira off but IMO it wasn't the best penalties and maybe someone else should step up.

Muscat must have had a big dummy spit with Green (something that Foxe is not capable of) at half time as in the 2nd half almost every foul we committed we got a yellow cut. They kept on fouling and getting away with it.

Their goal came from a throw in that should have been ours and then a foul. Defending was bad and from then on we ran out of out of puff again....this time we were a man up and didn't even make it to the 60th min. 

All in all there was a lot that went against us but we should still have finished them in the 1st half. 

Jumpei was the usual....great stuff and misses the final pass.

Riera good goal, missed the penalty and didn't do much more.

Cejudo good link up for the goal and nothing else. 

Bridge did nothing all game.

The fitness is a big issue , I cannot see us winning many games when we cannot last the 90 minutes.

Well done to all those that travelled...on tv you came across very loud.

Not sure it is fitness, I think we just get worked out very easily in games, we have good individual moments at times, and some good movement but I don't think we look like a team as yet that knows how to play together, we are just parts that are not functioning and doing their job across the park, lack of concentration at times also.

Josep has a big job on his hands here, I think the issue runs deeper than fitness.

• mack locked this topic
  • mack unlocked this topic