Sign in to follow this  
mack

Australian National Discussion V3

Yea Fozz gets on my nerves he wants to play like Barcelona when we don't have the players to play it nor the time, and has been Banging on about Bielsa since 2010. And I call BS on "I would rather to lose 4-0 and try to win the game", I tell you right now I take a draw against France any day doesn't matter how we get it as long as get something, think Costa Rica cared they played so defensively yet made the quarters in the last world cup....

You play with what you have, and if you want to change that you start at youth level. Problem is there is no clear pathway for those kids but that is another can of worms 

Join WestSydneyFootball.Com and participate by registering an account.

Apparently these guys have a reputation for leaking kits early.

I hope they’re wrong this time...

5 hours ago, Davo said:

Apparently these guys have a reputation for leaking kits early.

I hope they’re wrong this time...

I was thinking what’s your problem, then I seen the sleeves.. oh 

what moron decided to do that to the sleeves

13 minutes ago, Unlimited said:

what moron decided to do that to the sleeves

David Gallop:rofl::rofl::rofl:

17 hours ago, StringerBellend said:

I was thinking what’s your problem, then I seen the sleeves.. oh 

Same. Terrible. At least we can have a somewhat legitimate discussion about competitors to the vomit shirt now.

Fwiw....I quite like it.

But then again...I didn't really mind the vomit shirt at the time ...so....:lol::lol:

What I do love, actually, is that we play in the yellow...with the green  touches. Much better than the half green, half gold imho.

One colour strips , to me, are far stronger/ more striking than those with two colours.

My 2 cents worth...not worth any more than 2 cents. :lol:

:):)

My favourite Socceroos colour scheme by far is gold jersey, green shorts, white socks. Problem is that FIFA want everyone to have an all dark kit and an all light kit for tv, so we end up wearing a full yellow kit and look like a squad of bananas taking the pitch.

44 minutes ago, Davo said:

My favourite Socceroos colour scheme by far is gold jersey, green shorts, white socks. Problem is that FIFA want everyone to have an all dark kit and an all light kit for tv, so we end up wearing a full yellow kit and look like a squad of bananas taking the pitch.

It's so stupid because this is the sort of thing that was a real problem in like the 1950s with black and white TVs

To make it some sort of rule now when we have HD 4K colour TVs is idiocy

2 hours ago, wendybr said:

Fwiw....I quite like it.

But then again...I didn't really mind the vomit shirt at the time ...so....:lol::lol:

What I do love, actually, is that we play in the yellow...with the green  touches. Much better than the half green, half gold imho.

One colour strips , to me, are far stronger/ more striking than those with two colours.

My 2 cents worth...not worth any more than 2 cents. :lol:

:):)

Yeah, thank goodness no one has a red and black strip!

Lol...OK...the red and black look great together. But they'd be about the only colours that do. And they look better with black shorts...rather than with the white - imho.

NOT that they enhance a team's performance! :lol:

Unfortunately.

But half yellow half gold - nope.

Sky blue and navy blue- nope.

Orange and maroon (as the. Roar used to have) - nope.

I prefer a single colour strip.

FWIW. :):)

1 hour ago, Davo said:

Lol...I totally disagree...but I enjoyed the image!  :good:

PS The white sox were annoying. Three  colours are worse than 2....to me. 

:) :)

56 minutes ago, Unlimited said:

It's so stupid because this is the sort of thing that was a real problem in like the 1950s with black and white TVs

To make it some sort of rule now when we have HD 4K colour TVs is idiocy

But but...It does look better.

It just does...seriously. :xnod:

Why can't FIFA and all these ****wit officials just leave it at: home kit, away kit, alternate kit. If the home kits clash, we work through the alternatives, starting with the shirts of the team deemed "away" compared to the "home" team's home jersey.  With the 9 combos, they'd end up with one that is satisfactory. 

Stop trying to mandate everything and let football be.  As long as you haven't got Damien De Bohun making the final decision, it'll all be ok.

22 minutes ago, btron3000 said:

Why can't FIFA and all these ****wit officials just leave it at: home kit, away kit, alternate kit. If the home kits clash, we work through the alternatives, starting with the shirts of the team deemed "away" compared to the "home" team's home jersey.  With the 9 combos, they'd end up with one that is satisfactory. 

Stop trying to mandate everything and let football be.  As long as you haven't got Damien De Bohun making the final decision, it'll all be ok.

De B would make the wrong decision but Gallop would call a press conference to tell us all the issues involved and that we need to work through it all with care, call in a committee of expert consultants,  announce a planned decision time, then do nothing, then when queried tell us now is not the time for any rash decisions, then agree witn all stakeholders on how it will be handled, then announce the steps and a new timeline to make the decision contrary to the agreement with the stakeholders and then make the wrong decision.

No idea how legit this is. Happy if the shorts are green (although the shorts on the mannequin don't look legit) and the socks are green with white trim.

Still hate the sleeves.

Posted (edited)

ly44Ie1.jpg

Da_An_Gwl_VQAEVfo5.jpg

No green shorts on the home kit :( Away kit is ******* disgusting, looks like the sloppy diarrhea of a 2 year old. 

Personally I like the home jersey, looks better than what it did in the leaked photos.

Edited by mack
added 2nd picture

The training kit is predominantly a mixture of shades of green as well. There are some videos of the Australian  Women's Football team, training in the kit, on the Matildas website.

I like the green jersey

Just now, Edinburgh said:

I like the green jersey

Just saw it on TV and changed my mind.

Yellow shorts... Team running out in the traditional Australian colours of gold and gold.

Guess I’m sticking with my 2010 Socceroos shirt.

Could be worse I guess. Check out the training shirt.

Also it looks like the work experience kid who designed the kits was also responsible for the Photoshop job of putting the Caltex logo on the photo.

Just saw the Popa interview on A-League hour. Outrageous that the FFA didn’t even call him.

Here is an Aussie coach whose greatest achievement is taking a bunch of players who were technically inferior to the opposition and guiding them through a tournament with a group structure followed by knockouts. Hmmmmmm

Not saying he should have got the gig, but that he didn’t get spoken to tells you all you need to know about the “search”.  Bit like Central Coast’s worldwide search.

Asian Cup Group:

• Australia
  • Jordan
  • Palestine
  • Syria 

4 hours ago, mack said:

Asian Cup Group:

• Australia
  • Jordan
  • Palestine
  • Syria 

Lets see if Arnie can get out of this group. Jordan has been our bogey team in the past and don't need to say anything about Syria. My prediction is that he won't get out of the group and continue his abysmal record is Asia especially with better referees.

:cahill:

Article on The World Game the other day "Australia will hope to avoid countries from the middle east in the Asian Cup draw on ......"

That worked out well!