mack

World Cup 2018

wcw.png.8091043765f220fcbdc160db7c29a178.png

World Cup 2018 Russia - 14/6/2018 to 15/7/2018

Qualified Teams & Draw Seeding
Pot 1: Argentina, Belgium, Brazil, France, Germany, Poland, Portugal, Russia
Pot 2: Colombia, Croatia, England, Mexico, Peru, Spain, Switzerland, Uruguay
Pot 3: Costa Rica, Denmark, Egpyt, Iceland, Iran, Senegal, Sweden, Tunisia
Pot 4: Australia, Japan, Morocco, Nigeria, Panama, Saudi Arabia, Serbia, South Korea

Draw to be held 1 December 2017

For Discussion specific to Australia see the Australian National Team Thread

• mack pinned this topic
22 minutes ago, neilando said:

I am hoping for a group with Russia, Peru & Costa Rica, but we will probably get Germany, Spain & Denmark.

Can't get three UEFA countries in the one group.

So Germany, Spain and Costa Rica it is then...

Everyone wants Russia out of Pot 1. I think we'll get turned over by any of the others so it doesn't really matter which one.

Agree about Pot 2, Peru or Colombia, maybe Mexico, but none of the Europeans in Europe (although there'd be a pile of pressure on England if we drew them). Definitely don't want Spain again.

Wouldn't mind Tunisia out of Pot 3, maybe Egypt. Don't want Denmark, or Iceland with the run they're on. 

40 minutes ago, btron3000 said:

Not sure I'd want to play Russia at home, think the refs might somehow favour them...

Yeah I don't want them at all. Has anyone watched Icarus??? The Russians will stop at nothing to get far in this tournament. Also, South Korea 2002...

Denmark are definitely the ones to avoid in Pot 3, Eriksen will absolutely destroy us. That was one of the best hat-tricks I've ever seen. Rest of their team looked pretty good too...they basically play how Ange believes we play in his delusions.

From Pot 2 I'd like to avoid Spain, Uruguay and Croatia (and probably England, but it'd be fun).

Pot 1 Poland is the obvious choice, although Lewandowski could murder us. A part of me wants to see Messi against Bailey Wright though.

9 minutes ago, GunnerWanderer said:

I want the Poms bad. nothing against some of your Pommy forum mob but I've long wanted to play and beat them at the WC.

I think most Aus supporters agree but I don't think we will beat them, at least not with this team...lol

England are way better than us. The only thing we could hope for would be for them to **** themselves at the thought of losing a WC match to us. This might sound stupid but if we wallop them in the Ashes it’d increase the pressure on them if they played us.

So good just reading through those teams. Only 32 nations get this privilege every four years! And this’ll be the last semi-decent one so i’m gonna soak it up.

If they got us and Iceland it would be the perfect grouping to trouble their fractured psych. You just know in the buildup the whole country would be going “we really should beat these teams but we’ll probably choke”.

Then they’d probably get out of the group, start talking about winning the thing because they’ve got over the banana skins, and promptly go out in the round of 16, either by playing garbage to a small team that gutsed it out of their group and who England should beat, or playing heroically against Germany or another superpower and losing on pens. Can’t wait.

• 2 weeks later...

Group A: Russia, Saudi, Egypt, Uruguay
Group B: Porgular, Spain, Morocco, Iran
Group C: France, Australia, Peru, Denmark
Group D: Argentina, Iceland, Croatia, Nigeria
Group E: Brazil, Switzerland, Costa Rica, Serbia
Group F: Germany, Mexico, Sweden, South Korea
Group G: Belgium, Panama, Tunisia, England
Group H: Poland, Senegal, Colombia, Japan

Without getting ahead of ourselves, we are the obvious outlier in that group that the other 3 will  look at us and see a win.

I hope we can maybe just throw a spanner into the works and **** them over.

Not a bad group tbh.

And....geez that was nerve racking watching that!!!

I watched the RoI v Denmark game, Denmark killed them.......totally ripped them a new one, it was brutal and ruthless. If Denmark take that kind of game to the world cup not only will they get out of the group, they are my tip to shock a few and be that team that comes from nowhere and gets to like the QF's or SF. Denmark have previous when it comes to that when they won the Euro's in Sweden in 1992 when they came in only after Yugoslavia were booted out. I rate Boro's Dane Martin Braithwaite very highly indeed, he on the bench for Denmark these days.France and Denmark to progress you would think.

As for England, they avoided Sweden who England always struggle against. A game against Belgium will be just like an EPL game, which will play in England's favour as it being just like an EPL game undid Wales at the Euro's in the only game England won I think. They have to be happy with that group.

Australia would have been better in group A or H, going to be a struggle, Australia play France and Denmark then Peru last. Hopefully that last game will mean something.

Edited by WSWBoro
3 hours ago, Carns said:

Happy with the draw and our group. Avoided the group of death. Bring on European summer!

France will be very tough, Peru and Denmark are not to be dismissed, but it could've been much worse.

Not sure there is a group of death this time, Group B with Spain and Portugal together perhaps with Iran going unbeaten in qualifying and Morocco okish...

Group F looks hard seeing Germany and Sweden together along with Mexico, zee Germans will at least get a testing in the group stage.

Groups A and H are where you would want to be I think and Denmark should deff not be dismissed lol 

Edited by WSWBoro
27 minutes ago, WSWBoro said:

Not sure there is a group of death this time, Group B with Spain and Portugal together perhaps with Iran going unbeaten in qualifying and Morocco okish...

Group F looks hard seeing Germany and Sweden together along with Mexico, zee Germans will at least get a testing in the group stage.

Groups A and H are where you would want to be I think and Denmark should deff not be dismissed lol 

Yep

according to the Guardian, Group A weakest and Group B strongest.

our group considered weak almost with Group H.

Groups F and G considered strong.

Groups D and E considered balanced.

• mack unpinned this topic