World Cup 2018

mack

48 minutes ago, wendybr said:

OK thanks Paul. :good:

That's a shame.

Even if he isn't ready for this WC...it'd be a pity to see him snapped up by Iran.

Arnie can take him to the Asian Cup because it's time for Cahill to retire.

Is it true what I heard the commentators say last night in that the VAR will be used during the World Cup games for red cards regardless of when an offence happens. ?

THAT will create controversy. I can just imagine if one of the top sides loses a player a couple of minutes after a foul what the fallout will be. Chaos.

On 26/05/2018 at 8:29 PM, dochers said:

So who'll be in Russia and keen for a beer or three?

I'll be following the Aussies in the first round, at Kazan/Samara/Sochi, if you guys fancy a WSW catchup there or elsewhere let me know.

Will be in Kazan from the 11th . will keep a lookout for Wanderers jerseys then:flag:

MacClaren was total plop when he came on last night think he blew his World Cup chance with the comedy running round the ball thing 

shame as I’d like him in the squad 

Edited by StringerBellend

Australia's 2018 World Cup squad

Goalkeepers; Mat Ryan, Danny Vukovic, Brad Jones.

Defenders: Trent Sainsbury, Milos Degenek, Matt Jurman, Mark Milligan, Josh Risdon, Aziz Behich, James Meredith.

Midfielders: Mile Jedinak (captain), Aaron Mooy, Massimo Luongo, Jackson Irvine, Tomi Rogic, Dimitri Petratos, Mathew Leckie, Daniel Arzani.

Forwards: Tim Cahill, Tomi Juric, Andrew Nabbout, Jamie Maclaren, Robbie Kruse.

The World Cup squad according to a Dominic Bossi SMH article. Pretty satisfied with the squad.

9 minutes ago, FCWanderers said:

Australia's 2018 World Cup squad

Goalkeepers; Mat Ryan, Danny Vukovic, Brad Jones.

Defenders: Trent Sainsbury, Milos Degenek, Matt Jurman, Mark Milligan, Josh Risdon, Aziz Behich, James Meredith.

Midfielders: Mile Jedinak (captain), Aaron Mooy, Massimo Luongo, Jackson Irvine, Tomi Rogic, Dimitri Petratos, Mathew Leckie, Daniel Arzani.

Forwards: Tim Cahill, Tomi Juric, Andrew Nabbout, Jamie Maclaren, Robbie Kruse.

The World Cup squad according to a Dominic Bossi SMH article. Pretty satisfied with the squad.

From the new app where all news comes from

"From the 27 players involved in the Turkey camp and Czech Republic friendly, Fran Karacic, Josh Brillante, James Troisi, and Nikita Rukavytsya have missed out on the final squad"

Glad Brillante is out, would have preferred Ruka or Troisi over Arzani to give us better left sided optionsas well as the kid has not hardly completed an A-league game yet.

Edited by Paul01
Added info
18 hours ago, sonar said:

Is it true what I heard the commentators say last night in that the VAR will be used during the World Cup games for red cards regardless of when an offence happens. ?

THAT will create controversy. I can just imagine if one of the top sides loses a player a couple of minutes after a foul what the fallout will be. Chaos.

Yep....that's what I heard too.

36 minutes ago, Paul01 said:

Glad Brillante is out, would have preferred Ruka or Troisi over Arzani to give us better left sided options as well as the kid has not hardly completed an A-league game yet.

Your football knowledge and insights are infinitely more than mine...and it is likely that I will have to eat my words...but I'm excited that he's going to be there....even if it's

a) locking him in to play for Australia in the future and

b) giving him the experience that could be built on for future international Socceroos success.

But apart from those 2 future possibilities,  the vague chance that MAYBE he might get to play....and do something dazzling for the team in this campaign, to me, is too tempting to resist.

I'm also so glad that Jamie Maclaren is going as well.

The excitement is building. :yahoo:

Lol....it might well be obliterated as soon as we meet France...but I 'm gonna let it build until then. :yahoo:

Hey Mack...or anyone else clever enough to arrange it.

Was it Balks who organised these??

:wanderturtle:.  :flag:

I've thought it 100 times...but could we get a Green and Gold equivalent?

I guess we have this if things go badly...even though it distresses me to see Ante's distress....and it isn't a Soccerroos moment.

:angrycovic:

But can we...pleeeease? :woah:

10 minutes ago, wendybr said:

Your football knowledge and insights are infinitely more than mine...and it is likely that I will have to eat my words...but I'm excited that he's going to be there....even if it's

a) locking him in to play for Australia in the future and

b) giving him the experience that could be built on for future international Socceroos success.

But apart from those 2 future possibilities,  the vague chance that MAYBE he might get to play....and do something dazzling for the team in this campaign, to me, is too tempting to resist.

I'm also so glad that Jamie Maclaren is going as well.

The excitement is building. :yahoo:

Lol....it might well be obliterated as soon as we meet France...but I 'm gonna let it build until then. :yahoo:

Kosta Grozos who plays in our NPL/NYL is a better player than Arzani.

I expect Arzani either to do an Antonis (no minutes in Brazil) or get 1 minute as a sub.

I wish BvM would turn Maclaren into a winger rather than deploy him as a centre forward. Maclaren is both a poacher and selfish AND CANNOT bring teammates into play unlike Tomi.

Lol...I'll defer to your better knowledge....and concede that you could well be right.

But....Go Daniel!  :lol:

PS Just heard him referred to on the ABC News as  "a prodigy". 

Haha...no pressure on the kid!

5 minutes ago, wendybr said:

Haha...no pressure on the kid.

Having said tthat, he seems to play with no fear.... and looks like someone with very powerful self belief (which of course can have a down side) but still....

:woah::woah:

1 hour ago, wendybr said:

Lol...I'll defer to your better knowledge....and concede that you could well be right.

But....Go Daniel!  :lol:

PS Just heard him referred to on the ABC News as  "a prodigy". 

Haha...no pressure on the kid!

I'm glad he is going as well, mainly for the two reason you gave. 

9 minutes ago, wendybr said:

Re Risdon...Yes to ^^^. You could see BvM congratulating him very warmly when Risdon came off near the end of the game.

Starting right back in World Cup but apprently Popa only signed crap players

runs

5 hours ago, GrEmIoWaNdErEr said:

So guys good news Grêmio wanderer just bought two tickets to France vs Australia less than 200 tickets left and it's selling fast so if you guys haven't bought tickets yet then I would get on now because there was like 150 people trying to get the same tickets **** me it is turning into a ruckus anyway see you guys in Russia farkin

You should of bought three...one for gremio. one for gremiosmate,one for gremiosothermate..lol

Here’s the full list of official 2018 FIFA World Cup™ squad numbers for the Caltex Socceroos …

Mathew Ryan

Milos Degenek

James Meredith

Tim Cahill

Mark Milligan

Matt Jurman

Mathew Leckie

Massimo Luongo

Tomi Juric

Robbie Kruse

Andrew Nabbout

Brad Jones

Aaron Mooy

Jamie Maclaren

Mile Jedinak

Aziz Behich

Daniel Arzani

Danny Vukovic

Josh Risdon

Trent Sainsbury

Dimitri Petratos

Jackson Irvine

Tom Rogic

https://www.socceroos.com.au/news/revealed-every-caltex-socceroo-fifa-world-cup-squad-number

Useful if you are looking to buy a Socceroos jersey and take advantage of this current offer which ends 5pm today.

On 03/06/2018 at 9:42 AM, FCWanderers said:

PSA The Socceroos email that announced the squad has linked to the FFA shop where your you can order your Socceroos jersey with free personalisation or free player name and number until 5pm Tuesday the 5th of June. You could probably order a Matildas players jersey as well.

The players are listed from number 1 Matthew Ryan to number 23 Tom Rogic, the numbers didn't appear when I cut and pasted from the article.

Edited by FCWanderers
  • mack unpinned this topic