World Cup 2018

mack

3 hours ago, StringerBellend said:

It was the tactical genius that is Bobby Brownshoes we should never have sacked him, especially for Koeman

He will win the World Cup by the power of His positivity 

He's done well, no doubt. But it doesn't hurt when you have Lukaku, Hazard, De Bruyne (arguably the most in form front line?) and Courtois all in top form and guys like Kompany at the back.

1 hour ago, Carns said:

He's done well, no doubt. But it doesn't hurt when you have Lukaku, Hazard, De Bruyne (arguably the most in form front line?) and Courtois all in top form and guys like Kompany at the back.

Brazil left those 3 with way too much space in the 1st half. And the sheer size of Belgium also shook them up cause they were getting pushed off too easily. 2nd half Brazil fixed it but it was too late. Belgium or France will win the world cup what a game that is gonna be

9 minutes ago, Sithslayer1991 said:

Brazil left those 3 with way too much space in the 1st half. And the sheer size of Belgium also shook them up cause they were getting pushed off too easily. 2nd half Brazil fixed it but it was too late. Belgium or France will win the world cup what a game that is gonna be

IF and that is a massive if England could get to a final against Belgium and have another shot at them it could easily turn in to an EPL style game....a full strength England up against Belgium in a final would be very interesting, lots of player familiarity.

Been watching the match build up on the BBC, surprisingly sensible. I agree with the view that this is probably a competition too soon for England and they will be good for the next Euro in 2 years and perhaps the next world cup, that is a realistic target because England are not at the level of Belgium or France yet. Whatever happens from here though this is the world cup this young England side needed and will be seen as success, the future is bright.

Edited by Smoggy
27 minutes ago, Smoggy said:

IF and that is a massive if England could get to a final against Belgium and have another shot at them it could easily turn in to an EPL style game....a full strength England up against Belgium in a final would be very interesting, lots of player familiarity.

Been watching the match build up on the BBC, surprisingly sensible. I agree with the view that this is probably a competition too soon for England and they will be good for the next Euro in 2 years and perhaps the next world cup, that is a realistic target because England are not at the level of Belgium or France yet. Whatever happens from here though this is the world cup this young England side needed and will be seen as success, the future is bright.

You're going to have to wear shades....lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8qrriKcwvlY

3 hours ago, Smoggy said:

I agree with the view that this is probably a competition too soon for England and they will be good for the next Euro in 2 years and perhaps the next world cup, that is a realistic target because England are not at the level of Belgium or France yet. Whatever happens from here though this is the world cup this young England side needed and will be seen as success, the future is bright.

I thought this at the start too - too young. But you gotta take your chances whenever they come. Look at your new favourite team - James was 22 last World Cup. Injured this time and next one he’s 30, so who knows if he’ll even be the same player.

A little closer to home, I just read that 12 of the 1990 squad were 27 or younger, but NONE of them played in another World Cup. 

When the chances are there, you gotta grab em.

You might enjoy this, good read:

https://www.theblizzard.co.uk/article/england-1-west-germany-1

I expect a VERY solid performance from Sweden, it will prob be 4-4-2 and all players behind the ball ad also launching long balls. If Sweden score first they will park the bus, very hard to break them down. No outstanding individual, but an outstanding team.

Will be close, but Sweden just to do it...2-1...

Edited by Smoggy

I think England will get up with the difference being Harry Kane.The guy knows how to score. Defence for England will be the key, if they stay solid at the back and don't give away the ball then their attack will give them every chance. Should be a cracking game. I don't know why but I have a feeling VAR may be huge in this game

Edited by sonar
Just now, sonar said:

I think England will get up with the difference being Harry Kane.The guys knows how to score. The defence for England will be the key, if they stay solid at the back and don't give away the ball then their attack will give them every chance. Should be a cracking game. 

I think it might be a good old fashioned attritional type game rather than some of the classy open type games...it will be no France v Argentina game that is for sure lol

5 minutes ago, EmMac said:

Both teams moving forward which is positive football. Fairly evenly matched so far. A bit too much passing from England, when someone should take a damn shot

Deli Ali just gives the ball away...the game is what I thought it would be....not one for the purists lol

2 minutes ago, Smoggy said:

INDEED!!!!:clapping:

Great to have you here tonight Em :)

I find it really hard to stay up or get up as i love my sleep. If i am tired its almost impossible to get me to stay awake. But i am making an effort on a few games. The 4am ones are easier than the midnight or 2am ones. But i was determined for this

• mack unpinned this topic