World Cup 2018

mack

8 minutes ago, Smoggy said:

Its been fun...ahh well back to the WSW grind.......better go look at who we havent signed and how many concrete steps there are left to lay.....

What you think who will we sign??

Proud of my country. 

Played with all our hearts.

That VAR goal i think got us in the end. 

We didn't give France an inch, and that's with 3 extra time games and a day less rest.

They are champions for us.

Happy for Luka Modric, he is definitely one a generation player and we can say that we've seen him play.

Since our independence in 91, only 8 countries (Brazil x3, France x3, Italy x2, Germany x2, Spain, Netherlands, Argentina and now Croatia) have been to a world cup final. Some achievement if you look at those powerhouse countries.

If FFA were smart, they should get Croatia to come out here to play, sell out ANZ/MCG easily. And finally embrace what we have done for Australian soccer over the decades.

1 hour ago, Stokz said:

Proud of my country. 

We didn't give France an inch, and that's with 3 extra time games and a day less rest.

Happy for Luka Modric, he is definitely one a generation player and we can say that we've seen him play.

Since our independence in 91, only 8 countries (Brazil x3, France x3, Italy x2, Germany x2, Spain, Netherlands, Argentina and now Croatia) have been to a world cup final. Some achievement if you look at those powerhouse countries.

If FFA were smart, they should get Croatia to come out here to play, sell out ANZ/MCG easily. And finally embrace what we have done for Australian soccer over the decades.

Nah mate , not enough “name” players , plus the fact you’re letting in another bunch of crazy wogs!!!!

Don’t worry we got Chelsea coming, a good old Anglo team! ...with about 2 Englishmen in the squad!!!   

:P

2 hours ago, Stokz said:

Proud of my country. 

I was really proud of my Country. They gave a very good account of themselves, however the VAR was unkind for the penalty conceded. 

Still only beaten by 1 goal by the eventual winners showed grit, determination and no lack of skill. 

I still don’t know what I think of the penalty in the final. It was ball to hand rather than hand to ball but then again the arm was away from the body though given he was jumping, was that a natural position? I think the fact that sir had to look at it for so long suggests he was nitpicking and looking for something which shouldn’t be the point of VAR. 

Putting that moment aside, I actually thought the officiating throughout the tournament was really good and the VAR was used well overall. There was a moment in either a Serbian or Swiss game where the referee allowed play to continue to see if there was an advantage and it’s probably the best piece of officiating I’ve ever seen.

It’s easily been the most open and competitive World Cup I’ve seen during my existence. So much for that nob on ESPN FC that claimed the World Cup can’t compete with the champions league LOL. The health and quality of international football is unreal, I’m starting to think that 48 teams may not be a totally bad idea...

My heart is sad that it’s over but the rest of my body is happy to finally have a rest hahaha

• mack unpinned this topic