mack

World Cup 2018

10 hours ago, Smoggy said:

They are showing the game this Sat on a big screen at our local shopping centre.

The wife announces we should go over as the atmosphere might be good, she even announces she could wear ' herAustralian gear'.....to that she means her ******* Wallabies top and scarf ffs lol

I was going to explain to her why this is so shyte but i have been trying to train her up regarding football for 20 years without much progress.....

**** it...i just give up lol

At our morning staff meeting this morning...I reminded my colleagues that it wasn't too soon to dust off their Socceroos scarves and other green and gold items. 

Apart from a ripple of amusement ....and a response from our (female) Maths Head Teacher...whose usual football colour is Sky Blue...there wasn't much of a reaction.

Sigh.

In the past, there have been green and gold flags about ...on cars etc by now, but I'm not seeing anything of that nature in my part of Sydney. 

Not much of a buzz about, is there?  :(

Join WestSydneyFootball.Com and participate by registering an account.

15 minutes ago, wendybr said:

In the past, there have been green and gold flags about ...on cars etc by now, but I'm not seeing anything of that nature in my part of Sydney. 

Not much of a buzz about, is there?  :(

Wait until we beat France 4-0 Wendy.

There'll be Socceroos flags all over the country.

20 minutes ago, Wanderboy said:

Wait until we beat France 4-0 Wendy.

There'll be Socceroos flags all over the country.

Lol...what a lovely, if unlikely, prospect!

:clapping::clapping:

The manager had the temerity to sign with Real Madrid for after the cup.

Opening game will have a familiar face to us. The referee is Nestor Pintana. He officiated at the last intercontinental playoff at ANZ between Australia and Honduras.

4 hours ago, Carns said:

The manager had the temerity to sign with Real Madrid for after the cup.

Bizarre. 

1 hour ago, luisenrique said:

Hierro new Spain coach.

Their team is so experienced they hardly need coaching. They should just let Iniesta tell them all what to do.

here is a picture of the Italian's squad first training session in Russia with all their adoring fans watching on in delight

Stadium-Shot1-1024x687.jpg

7 hours ago, btron3000 said:

Their team is so experienced they hardly need coaching. They should just let Iniesta tell them all what to do.

How could they overlook Gombau? They surely have to consider "Big Sam Araldici" 

Posted (edited)
23 hours ago, Smoggy said:

They are showing the game this Sat on a big screen at our local shopping centre.

The wife announces we should go over as the atmosphere might be good, she even announces she could wear ' herAustralian gear'.....to that she means her ******* Wallabies top and scarf ffs lol

I was going to explain to her why this is so shyte but i have been trying to train her up regarding football for 20 years without much progress.....

**** it...i just give up lol

Well she has got a national team jersey (of a different code) which is more than i have. I have efused to pay $120 for a jersey where 100% of the profits go to the FFA

Edited by Paul01
Correction

7 minutes ago, Ossified said:

How could they overlook Gombau? They surely have to consider "Big Sam Araldici" 

Gombau is too Catalan in any case

16 hours ago, GoatyMcGoatFace said:

here is a picture of the Italian's squad first training session in Russia with all their adoring fans watching on in delight

Stadium-Shot1-1024x687.jpg

Thread needs more Italy jokes.

Sorry to those of you of Italian heritage....but  for a REALLY forgiving person....I'll never get over 2006.

<Runs away>

16 minutes ago, wendybr said:

Thread needs more Italy jokes.

Sorry to those of you of Italian heritage....but  for a REALLY forgiving person....I'll never get over 2006.

<Runs away>

Optus' pre-match studio coverage is dreadful. Okon has the charisma of a wooden chair with a broken leg, Mel still hasn't improved since she left fox sports and keeps interrupting people and making weird tangents, and they all keep tripping over each other's words.

47 minutes ago, mack said:

Optus' pre-match studio coverage is dreadful. Okon has the charisma of a wooden chair with a broken leg, Mel still hasn't improved since she left fox sports and keeps interrupting people and making weird tangents, and they all keep tripping over each other's words.

She’s no Lucy Zelic

Popa on the panel now. I guess his conquest of Al Hilal makes him qualified to talk about the Saudi Arabia game.

I'm hoping the Saudi's get up just to "p" off Putin.

glad i could make a few people laugh, i really want both teams to lose

this is a stupid question but can we watch every match live? it doesnt look like it, looks like sbs is doing its usual **** job but i could be wrong

nevermind i checked, sbs is ****

No. SBS sold the rights to Optus. You need an optus account for a phone or mobile internet to watch the majority of the games. You can watch I think 25 of the games on SBS on TV or SBS online.

7 minutes ago, mack said:

No. SBS sold the rights to Optus. You need an optus account for a phone or mobile internet to watch the majority of the games. You can watch I think 25 of the games on SBS on TV or SBS online.

thank you screw sbs, my mobile is with optus but i need to pay an extra $15 a month for that so screw that :P

seriously i thought with sport there was some kind of it needs to be on free to air law or something but i guess not

2 minutes ago, GoatyMcGoatFace said:

thank you screw sbs, my mobile is with optus but i need to pay an extra $15 a month for that so screw that :P

seriously i thought with sport there was some kind of it needs to be on free to air law or something but i guess not

All Australian games and the WC final are part of the Government's "anti-siphoning list" - so they must be shown on free to air. Everything else is up for grabs to the highest bidder (unfortunately).

2 minutes ago, Carns said:

All Australian games and the WC final are part of the Government's "anti-siphoning list" - so they must be shown on free to air. Everything else is up for grabs to the highest bidder (unfortunately).

that is so backwards but ah well, on this match i am pretty happy i hate russia but i hate Saudi even more :P