World Cup 2018

mack

Just now, GoatyMcGoatFace said:

that is so backwards but ah well, on this match i am pretty happy i hate russia but i hate Saudi even more :P

Unfortunately, the pollies decided those games were all that were necessary for Aussies.

After all, why would we care about anything bar Australian games :/

1 hour ago, GoatyMcGoatFace said:

this is a stupid question but can we watch every match live? it doesnt look like it, looks like sbs is doing its usual **** job but i could be wrong

nevermind i checked, sbs is ****

There are sites that will stream all games, some are free........

https://www.dreamytricks.net/best-live-sports-streaming-sites-free/

1 hour ago, mack said:

No. SBS sold the rights to Optus. You need an optus account for a phone or mobile internet to watch the majority of the games. You can watch I think 25 of the games on SBS on TV or SBS online.

Optus opened up their coverage to non customers for their sport app.

5 hours ago, mack said:

Optus' pre-match studio coverage is dreadful. Okon has the charisma of a wooden chair with a broken leg, Mel still hasn't improved since she left fox sports and keeps interrupting people and making weird tangents, and they all keep tripping over each other's words.

I think it got worse after...wilkshire looks like an imitation gangster, and "bridgey", i think he's a bit of a twit.

2 hours ago, luisenrique said:

So BvM was in charge of that shambles of a Saudi squad, and managed to get them to finish above Ange's Super Duper Total Football Revolution team.

I know who I'd rather have in charge.

After BvM left, the Saudis hired wonder coach Pizzi who failed to get Chile qualified after  being at the confeds cup:cheeky:

Yeah...watched some of the opening game. Just a faint wiff of match fixing, wonder how much Putin's cronies are gifting SA for that.

Only saying this in joking really...but Saudi did roll over without any fight at all. There is getting smashed by a much better team and then there is rolling over and getting your tummy tickled lol Saudi deff the later.

Real test for Russia ahead.

Edited by Smoggy
1 hour ago, Smoggy said:

Yeah...watched some of the opening game. Just a faint wiff of match fixing, wonder how much Putin's cronies are gifting SA for that.

Only saying this in joking really...but Saudi did roll over without any fight at all. There is getting smashed by a much better team and then there is rolling over and getting your tummy tickled lol Saudi deff the later.

Real test for Russia ahead.

Watched the game...the Saudi's were horrible.....Gombau derby type horrible.......They sacked BvM even though he got them qualified.....lost warm up games so the portents were not good.....agree though....very strange. 

13 minutes ago, sonar said:

Watched the game...the Saudi's were horrible.....Gombau derby type horrible.......They sacked BvM even though he got them qualified.....lost warm up games so the portents were not good.....agree though....very strange. 

Not suggesting it was match fixing....just an odd looking game, strange as you say. 

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2018-06-13/gamblers-not-game-to-bet-on-world-cup-matches-involving-russia/9857150

Edited by Smoggy

The result overnight does not augur well for our Confederation unless we Aust, Japan etc show some good competitive results and the Saudis redeem themselves as the Europeans will demand we get less WC spots. However, our saviour will be an increase in numbers fro 32 to 46 where even the Peoples Republic of "Wherethefucarewe" can qualify.

16 minutes ago, Ossified said:

The result overnight does not augur well for our Confederation unless we Aust, Japan etc show some good competitive results and the Saudis redeem themselves as the Europeans will demand we get less WC spots. However, our saviour will be an increase in numbers fro 32 to 46 where even the Peoples Republic of "Wherethefucarewe" can qualify.

dont worry we will win the world cup and restore Asian football

56 minutes ago, Smoggy said:

Not suggesting it was match fixing....just an odd looking game, strange as you say.

I think the Saudi's were overawed by the occasion and lost the plot once they conceded after 13 mins. Their defence was almost non existent for much of the game and they were desperate to take hit and hope shots after 20 mins. No structure, no intent. I can see how it could look like they just didn't try, but I think it goes more to their mentality (I remember shades of that in the ACL finals). They haven't won a World Cup game since 1994, which was their first of five Cup appearances.

2 hours ago, Ossified said:

Lucky for us it comes down to who at FIFA needs votes, rather than on field performance.

1 hour ago, Smoggy said:

But no girls of world cup thread yet like last time :(

I watched the preview on VAR (optus sport channel). Looks like they have used the A-league expeience to some extent.

Firstly, no A-league referees, assistants or video assistants.

Secondly, they are using 4 video assistants for 4 different issues (one specifically for offside) instead of one video assistant.

Thirdly, the reason for a VAR decision will be conveyed to the spectators on the screens in the various stadiums except it may be after the decision.

I have heard that for close offsides the assistants flag will stay down as it here and the VAR will intervene if necessary.

Listened to the Box2Box podcast. There was a Melbourne based French expat giving some information from L'Equippe about the French starting team. The word from that source is that there will be 5 changes from the team that drew with the USA. both fullbacks and Girroud were mentioned.

I just hope that the French implode and we get 3 points. If that happens and Denmark and Peru draw, we will ywllow card Jedi to kick Ericsson out of the game when we play Denmark (bit harder to do that with VAR looking for incidents).

6 minutes ago, Ossified said:

Can some one please advise re our game against Peru on the 27th. Is the game on the tuesday night/wed morn or on the Wed night/Thurs morn?

It's advertised as Wed 27th at 12:00 am.

Wednesday night. We are invited to stay and watch at Marconi after the members forum that night.

8 minutes ago, Ossified said:

Can some one please advise re our game against Peru on the 27th. Is the game on the tuesday night/wed morn or on the Wed night/Thurs morn?

It's advertised as Wed 27th at 12:00 am.

12.00am is the start of the next day's 24hr period...ie...11.59pm is Tues....12,00am is Wed.That is what I believe it to be. Find out what day/time zone the game is in and use the extra clock feature in Windows.set to that time zone.

Edited by sonar
43 minutes ago, sonar said:

12.00am is the start of the next day's 24hr period...ie...11.59pm is Tues....12,00am is Wed.That is what I believe it to be. Find out what day/time zone the game is in and use the extra clock feature in Windows.set to that time zone.

??? Therefore it's Wed Morning not Wed night or am I going bonkers. 

22 minutes ago, sonar said:

I'm assuming you are referring to the game against Peru........?    If so it;s wed morn not night. 

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2018-06-13/socceroos-world-cup-guide/9859122

Yes, so it looks like Marconi and WSW have got it wrong ie they think the game is first thing thurs morn...someone needs to tell them.

Hence my confusion.

3 minutes ago, Ossified said:

Yes, so it looks like Marconi and WSW have got it wrong ie they think the game is first thing thurs morn...someone needs to tell them.

Hence my confusion.

My mistake, the Clubs did have the correct date and time. I have just re-read the e.mail sent yesterday.

21 minutes ago, Ossified said:

My mistake, the Clubs did have the correct date and time. I have just re-read the e.mail sent yesterday.

Poorly structured email. It states forum is on Wednesday but when you go to register it tells you it's on Tuesday!!

• mack unpinned this topic