Adelaide United vs Western Sydney Wanderers 26/11/2017 7:00PM

I'm already losing faith in Gombau. When you have Sotirio and Jumpei as two of your front three, you're in trouble. 

Under Popa it wasn't so bad because the fullbacks overlapped so much that the wingers being rubbish was less of an issue. As it is, we're depending on our worst players, our weakest links, to relieve pressure and hold the ball. 

Fail. 

31 minutes ago, lloydy136 said:

what we just witnessed there with the game continuing for a bit and then going back for a pen is just absolutely farcical. Part of the beauty of football is that it is continuous and flows. we are heading down an nfl track where everything is reviewed and we stop/start to the point where a 90 minute game takes 2 and a half hours. it is ******* horrible and the sooner we end this garbage experiment which I still think is largely to benefit the advertisers the better.

Yep. Football does not suit video intervention. This was always going to happen.

I am so over this. ****wits in suits are ruining our sport, from FIFA and their farcical decisions about World Cups and the clear corruption, to the FFA, our useless home ground and not having a home game for weeks, to VAR. Not to mention them spending exhorbitant time and effort on clamping down on fans.

And they wonder why the crowds and tv ratings are dying. I'm surprised teams in Perth, Adelaide etc get any fans at all, putting up with this **** as well as having everything focused on Sydney and Melbourne.

2 minutes ago, btron3000 said:

He took off Cejudo because he wanted dudes who would run all game and give us a chance on the break. Fair enough with 10 men. Now we're one down it's tougher with the lack of quality, but it wasn't a bad decision at the time I though.

Cejudo does work all game

3 minutes ago, sonar said:

It wasn't.

yeah I agree. but on what grounds did he give a yellow?

if he deemed it a dogso (which it wasn't) then its a red because its handball not a 'playing the ball' foul

hardly could have deemed it unsporting - corny was pulling his hand away.

of all of the poor decisions made today that one is just baffling.

Just now, lloydy136 said:

yeah I agree. but on what grounds did he give a yellow?

if he deemed it a dogso (which it wasn't) then its a red because its handball not a 'playing the ball' foul

hardly could have deemed it unsporting - corny was pulling his hand away.

of all of the poor decisions made today that one is just baffling.

The fact he was actively pulling his hand away from the ball before it hit him makes me wonder whether it's a penalty at all.

The commentators said they spoke to Beath at half time and he said the Adelaide goal stood because the VAR didn't find an "obvious error". If that's not an obvious error how was the handball decision one?

7 minutes ago, btron3000 said:

I didn't mean he doesn't work I meant we will be sitting and breaking, and they need legs to get up and down the wing all game. With pace too. As bad as it sounds, Sotirio breaking is probably our best chance...

One of Sotirio or Jumpei should have come off. Move Cejudo to the 'wing', simple. Play lopsided if we must. Point is, we need quality out there. 

Edited by matty
  • mack locked this topic
  • mack unlocked this topic