Squad Development 2017/18 Part 2

54 minutes ago, GrEmIoWaNdErEr said:

So I was reading an article on gombau to import a winger or some bullshit and gombau said in the interview where looking to import some more wingers or something similar to that so when he means wingers does he mean two or more or one winger because I'm being told one winger but his words suggest two wingers could be heading here my guess is he wants wingers who have a league experience so I'm going Ben halloran and Mitchell mallia because he is not looking at foreigners right now and the key word is a league experience so I suspect we are going for those two as they are the ones rumoured to be heading to Wanderers 

Halloran apparently Nagasaki bound, a good offer is on the table, and he has travelled to Japan for final talks. There's a suggestion that family issues got in the way this season, and that his club is expecting a transfer sum. 

https://www.transfermarkt.de/ben-halloran-21-/thread/forum/216/thread_id/1108/page/4#anchor_60048

http://m.schwaebische.de/sport/regionalsport_artikel,-1-FC-Heidenheim-Steurer-kommt-Halloran-zieht-es-nach-Japan-_arid,10796323_toid,1.html

27 minutes ago, FCB said:

Last year Western Sydney Mariners, as of this year Western Sydney Reds?

Cirio currently playing 4th tier football in Spain. When was Tarek's last competitive game? Surely we can do better than that. 

16 games 11 goals. He can sniff a chance (even if he's playing in the backyard leagues at the moment). We could maybe get a year or two out of him.

1 hour ago, GrEmIoWaNdErEr said:

I checked on transfermarkt and it said third tier and is club are second on the table so wiki is not as reliable as you can change the text on it so...

Nup FCB is right.. :-)

Ibeza are in the Tercera División its the fourth level of the Spanish football league system. The top three are the Primera División, often referred to as "La Liga" in English, the Segunda División, and Segunda División B

Theres 364 teams in the Tercera División; broken into 18 groups.

Edited by MadKaw
7 hours ago, GrEmIoWaNdErEr said:

Id take Henrique I mean look what he did for Brisbane and he is a classy player I'd take him in a heartbeat 

Off contact since 1 jul 2017 so unlikely to be fit

8 hours ago, GrEmIoWaNdErEr said:

Id take Henrique I mean look what he did for Brisbane and he is a classy player I'd take him in a heartbeat 

It’s 2018 this year not 2012

Edited by StringerBellend

Rostyn griffiths just posted his new recruitment/CV video on LinkedIn under the guise of giving the content creator a shoutout. That’s pretty much a sure fire sign they’re moving based on other examples

Astoundingly, Uzbekistan is a **** place to live. And he’s only played 5 of their 20 odd games. Fits the bill as a #6 and can pass.

10 minutes ago, GunnerWanderer said:

Reyes if fit, mobile and interested would be enticing. He's close to 35 so not sure if he could handle the summer here. Unlikely but good research Paul

Well Maccarone is doing ok except for direct hit on Santa

1 minute ago, wswnick said:

Would take a lot of convincing to fit Reyes in cap you'd think with his stats but I suppose we'd only have to fit in half a salary for rest of season.

18 month contract backended for payments.

NOt sure where the A-Liga twitter feed originates but here is a translation from there 

Although Josep Gombau assured the media that he is satisfied with the players that make up his squad, the truth is that he will seek to reinforce some positions he considers key. That is why, after the departure of the Japanese Kusukami, the head coach will look for There are still no specific names but what Gombau has suggested is that the player will be a foreigner who is playing in the A-league, or who has at least had one step football aussie.

If this last option would not be strange to think that the Spanish recruit an old man known as Sergio Cirio. The ex-player of Adelaide United, who is currently in the UD Ibiza of the Second Division B of Spain, came at the time to the team of South Australia in the hand of the now mister of Western Sydney. To a foreign extreme. And so he has let you know: We are definitely looking for an extreme but we do not want to rush. We must look for the right player. Someone who knows the league and is available to play quickly because if you bring someone who is not prepared, who has to adapt, perhaps when he has achieved the season is over.

http://www.goal.com/en-au/news/the-covert-agent-daniel-arzani-looking-to-leave-melbourne/dyxzyix2d0431kq3sctxy8u81

The Covert Agent can reveal Arzani's representatives have contacted the Sky Blues and Wanderers about a deal next season, because of the Sydney-born player's dissatisfaction with his development under City coach Warren Joyce and his wish to return to his home state

• mack unpinned this topic