mack

Squad Development 2017/18 Part 2

1 hour ago, mack said:

We probably can't sign him anyway for this season as that would breach the FIFA Transfer regulation around a player only being able to play for 2 teams in one season.

Definitely not for this season but he’s free to sign a contract now as he has less than 6 months remaining

And Yeboah is almost certainly not returning to Australia soon. He’s had a great 12 months in Germany and was just given his first team jersey recently. 

Join WestSydneyFootball.Com and participate by registering an account.

Carrusca and Santalab coming off the bench gives me confidence.

We’re a darkhorse IMO, i think teams above us will be praying they won’t have to play us in the finals should we make it 😃

bring on the nux on Saturday!!!! COYW

9 hours ago, Paul01 said:

He’s on marquee wages as a injury replacement.. we can’t  sign him this season

Sorry i should much much more clearer. 

AFTER his short term deal is up.... obviously.

he is otherwise un attached after that, in other words not a loanee.

Anyone else less than impressed by thought of getting Ferreira he was ace about three seasons ago. It feels a bit like the Griffiths signing

Is he even playing at the moment?

I don’t think he is the level we need to close Gap on Jets, smurfs and victory 

Edited by StringerBellend

8 minutes ago, StringerBellend said:

Anyone else less than impressed by thought of getting Ferreira he was ace about three seasons ago. It feels a bit like the Griffiths signing

Is he even playing at the moment?

I don’t think he is the level we need to close Gap on Jets, smurfs and victory 

Have to agree. As much as I respect Fabio, we feel need someone younger.

Better then jumpei though 

34 minutes ago, ZachMercer said:

Have to agree. As much as I respect Fabio, we feel need someone younger.

hes still only 28 but his match fitness was always a concern, maybe thats why gombau let him go when he was in charge of adelaide

Then it will be the 5 amigos 

11 minutes ago, tranquilo said:

Wow another signing!:shok:

22j238.jpg

I heard we're signing Ali Dia....

54 minutes ago, tranquilo said:

hes still only 28 but his match fitness was always a concern, maybe thats why gombau let him go when he was in charge of adelaide

Say whaaaa. Didn't realise he's only 28. 

26 minutes ago, ZachMercer said:

Say whaaaa. Didn't realise he's only 28. 

He’s not. He’s 34. I reckon he’s our replacement for Melling not Jumpei. He’s an upgrade with Melling. We still need someone to replace Jumpei on the wing

5 minutes ago, TheWanderer said:

He’s not. He’s 34. I reckon he’s our replacement for Melling not Jumpei. He’s an upgrade with Melling. We still need someone to replace Jumpei on the wing

I was about to post exactly the same thing but Tranquilo was referring to Fabio Ferreira, not Carrusca. He is 28.

24 minutes ago, GrEmIoWaNdErEr said:

So late news here guys but my sources say that Fabio Ferreira is Keane to stay in Malaysia as the start of the season is near and most likely the bloke from Rayo vallecano will be replacement for jumpie

whats your sauce!?

34 minutes ago, GrEmIoWaNdErEr said:

The walker agent - tho I may be wrong about the Rayo vallecano bloke he might be coming as marquee next season and that may leave us with signing Fabio Ferreira who I believe is quality but Ray vallecano bloke has hefty cost so only way we could get him is on loan but I don't know yet so most likely at this stage Fabio Ferreira but we'll see 

Why can we only get him on loan? Cejudo is on a 1 year deal. Lass could come as his replacement if the club is willing to fork out the cash. I would suggest Lass is on significantly less at RV than Cejudo was at Betis

and from a cap perspective, it doesn’t matter what we can physically afford. The cap allocation considers their fully salary from the parent club, not what we are paying them here.

1 hour ago, GrEmIoWaNdErEr said:

The walker agent - tho I may be wrong about the Rayo vallecano bloke he might be coming as marquee next season and that may leave us with signing Fabio Ferreira who I believe is quality but Ray vallecano bloke has hefty cost so only way we could get him is on loan but I don't know yet so most likely at this stage Fabio Ferreira but we'll see 

Lol how is that your source? 

That's just a twitter account that anyone can follow.

24 minutes ago, GrEmIoWaNdErEr said:

You do know right they hasn't made a mistake and are very reliable all the rumours they have posted on Twitter are all been confirmed as 100% legit the bloke who runs that Twitter account was a agent/journo and he did all the rumours and he was very accurate most of his posts this year and last have happened so he for me is very reliable 

I'm not denying any of that.

Just that you said my sources say... like the agent is your source when in reality its just a twitter account you follow.

All good. :good:

1 hour ago, StringerBellend said:

That is a low bar to set. Quality like the Polish dude at sydney is what we need to compete with them 

No clue how he fits in cap when they couldn't get Holosko to fit. Apparently they have 100k spare too

1 minute ago, wswnick said:

No clue how he fits in cap when they couldn't get Holosko to fit. Apparently they have 100k spare too

Simon is cheap, Ryall and Brosque discounted for years of service.

they have Adrian taking the payments  for at least 2 squad spots. 

1 hour ago, Paul01 said:

Simon is cheap, Ryall and Brosque discounted for years of service.

they have Adrian taking the payments  for at least 2 squad spots. 

There was a Bossi article in smh about sydney are going it, putting aside it was Bossi writing it there was some interesting stuff 

but basically they have stacked all their money into the first team squad, they only use about 13 players so why spend money on the rest. He keeps a foriegn spot up his sleeve until jan to cater for squad change, they spend big on foriegn players looking for quality only no bargain bin foreigners.

Now this might all bite them in ACL time when they are playing twice a week, but they can bring in ACL only players to help there.

They also don’t have any players going away on international or under 23s duty.

It’s  not a bad strategy especially in years with no ACL.

They basically have three marquees two outside the cap and one which is paid for by keeping squad lean 

Yeah arnie once he came to eastern Sydney forgot all about the youth development ways of his mariners days 

but yeah credit where it’s due they have been lucky very lucky with low injury rate so his strategy has worked well 

and yes acl is the test 

It's possible Arnie has been told he did not get the Aust managers spot, so, rumours  abound that he is considering the New Zealand  coaching.

Money must be good.

1 hour ago, Ossified said:

It's possible Arnie has been told he did not get the Aust managers spot, so, rumours  abound that he is considering the New Zealand  coaching.

Money must be good.

It would burn him if they rejected him as an option. He would go for the NZ coaching gig out of spite. To try to prove a point.

Hahaha 

arnie runs his mouth faster then jumpei runs therefore an awesome signing 

were da fook is Kristian sarkies went to soulless haven’t seen since don’t know why I brought him up just watching mvc finals from yesteryear 

———————————————————

I think we should be getting anything local instead of fabio ferret or lass guy it feels like we’re cheating 

joey Gibbs deserves a second stint in the a league 

or we could get Choi or Andrews why not all three and piss some dead weight off such as Cejudo 

He’s wage could pay for all there wages and then some

and me a finders fee and a trip around the world all expenses paid of course and a new commodore and deposit for a house

Edited by JayZko

There is a reason why Gibbs, Choi, Mallia are not playing HAL, and it's not money. Have a few guys of that standard in your starting 11 and the wooden spoon is a near certainty.