mack

Squad Development 2017/18 Part 2

Would also consider Herd as a ball playing centre back, and use our last foreign spot on the creative AMC we crave.

Join WestSydneyFootball.Com and participate by registering an account.

19 minutes ago, StringerBellend said:

Jumpei isn’t very good at football 

I hope this help

The fact that we debate if he or sotirio should start is a bit of a give away 

Now that's cut through.

Sometimes in the last season and a half I think we have focussed on too much about individuals, tactics, coaching, playing performance you name it we look for a scapegoat 

I can’t help but feel/think/wonder if a lot of our problems come down to leadership or a lack of it. Topor left and whilst he was never the greatest player he was a fantastic leader who demanded excellence from the team. This has never been replaced, without a leader it’s really hard to get the other things right and in cohesion. 

Yes it’s not the cause of all our problems but jets have turned things around with some good recruitment and also have recruited one of the best A-League leaders of the last 5 years. No surprise to see a topor inspired side sitting near top of the league table. Yes boggard is their captain but he’s been for a while I’m sure topor is helping out! 

5 hours ago, StringerBellend said:

Jumpei isn’t very good at football 

I hope this help

The fact that we debate if he or sotirio should start is a bit of a give away 

Here’s a fun (ha!) experiment. Watch Jumpei for a whole match when he was the ball. Count how many times he uses his left foot the whole game.

He will turn himself inside out instead of passing with his left. He will stop, start, spin around and twirl towards freedom rather than fake with his right and jink the ball away with his left. He contorts himself to make weak shots with the outside of his right boot rather than just tap it in with his left.

Frankly I don’t reckon he’d even use his left foot to step onto the bus. 

Opposition players know to just keep push him out wide, show him the byline and wait for him to **** up trying to cut back in and use his right instead of having a red hot go with the left peg. I play O35 Div 6 and I reckon I’ve got a better left foot than he does...

3 minutes ago, smp said:

Here’s a fun (ha!) experiment. Watch Jumpei for a whole match when he was the ball. Count how many times he uses his left foot the whole game.

He will turn himself inside out instead of passing with his left. He will stop, start, spin around and twirl towards freedom rather than fake with his right and jink the ball away with his left. He contorts himself to make weak shots with the outside of his right boot rather than just tap it in with his left.

Opposition players know to just keep push him out wide, show him the byline and wait for him to **** up trying to cut back in and use his right instead of having a red hot go with the left peg. I play O35 Div 6 and I reckon I’ve got a better left foot than he does...

Sign him

6 minutes ago, smp said:

He actually crossed the ball and had a shot with his left last match!

2 minutes ago, Edinburgh said:

He may need proof....!:meep:

2 minutes ago, Edinburgh said:

Are you sure about the shot? There was one shot where I thought he’d used his left, but the replay on TV* showed he’d actually used the outside of his right, which is why he shanked it so bad.

* I was at the ground for the W-League game, but a combination of tired and cranky 5 year old, and the fact that I’m still on crutches after fracturing  my knee joint playing indoor in October meant that we took the path of least resistance and went home before the main game kicked off. W-League was great though. I love watching them. Not a dive or dramatic flop after a tackle to be seen. 

In about the 80th minute Jumpei was wide open from a cutback, just back from the penalty spot and pushed it wide with no power at all. That was his left foot wasn't it? A good demonstration of why he avoids using it.

Taking bets now on if we see Djite wearing red & black next season....

Come on a club that has a 300 million dollar stadium being built in its honour and a 40 million dollar youth academy being built for us so we can’t keep signing **** otherwise we’ll be the one hit Wanderers no to djite the mans worse then what we got

Edited by JayZko

1 hour ago, hawks2767 said:

Taking bets now on if we see Djite wearing red & black next season....

January

9 minutes ago, wswnick said:

January

So there’s not a lot to look forward too ffs lol we’re not Adelaide utd can’t we base ourselves off a more successful a league club like mvc or Brisbane???

it would be ever so grand to just steal all the off contract talent cheat the salary cap and win the triple

o80b_CyHwPTs53XX2YHH3yqsOcvbJHU-BMIavGtT

it just gets worse lederer sell the club to someone who knows how too football 

http://www.smh.com.au/sport/soccer/aleague-adelaide-uniteds-tarek-elrich-linked-with-return-to-western-sydney-wanderers-20171214-h04qt9.html

wooow instead of bringing home such Wanderers greats such as nico Martinez, Terry Antonis, or Romeo Castelen, Polenz,

we are in the race for Jordan Elsey and Tarek Elrich wtf!!!

Edited by JayZko

Not sure bringing back a fullback who will be 32 years old by January next season, who is just coming off an ACL injury is a wise move. Elsey's also done an ACL. Mark Ochieng would probably be one of the other two players.

46 minutes ago, JayZko said:

http://www.smh.com.au/sport/soccer/aleague-adelaide-uniteds-tarek-elrich-linked-with-return-to-western-sydney-wanderers-20171214-h04qt9.html

wooow instead of bringing home such Wanderers greats such as nico Martinez, Terry Antonis, or Romeo Castelen, Polenz,

we are in the race for Jordan Elsey and Tarek Elrich wtf!!!

Don’t trust anything that the smurf Brown-noser Bossi writes. Elrich for Risdon at 32 after an ACL won’t happen. Elrich for Clisby at left-back might be an option but only as a squaddie as we need Llorente to stay as our first choice left back.

On 12/12/2017 at 10:22 PM, Edinburgh said:

Your left or his left?

7 hours ago, btron3000 said:

Your left or his left?

Obviously his - we would have scored 2 goals if it was my left!!!

8 hours ago, Paul01 said:

Don’t trust anything that the smurf Brown-noser Bossi writes. Elrich for Risdon at 32 after an ACL won’t happen. Elrich for Clisby at left-back might be an option but only as a squaddie as we need Llorente to stay as our first choice left back.

*blue-noser

:D

Would take Elsey. Leaves Aspro for dead.

Would prefer Deng or Lowry though. Or Both.... or all.

Borrello for jumpei 

jamie Maclaren for riera 

oar for cejudo 

Raul llorente for nico Martinez 

bam we are contenders 

Half of our players must be super excited hearing about letters written by our club to Adelaide and Smurfs regarding some of their players. Part of the process, I guess. 

Am still waiting for JayZko to organise a fund raiser so we can sign Honda, Martinez, Borello and MacLaren. 5 mil for transfer sums should do, and another 5 mil for salaries. Piece of cake. 

1 hour ago, FCB said:

Half of our players must be super excited hearing about letters written by our club to Adelaide and Smurfs regarding some of their players. Part of the process, I guess. 

Am still waiting for JayZko to organise a fund raiser so we can sign Honda, Martinez, Borello and MacLaren. 5 mil for transfer sums should do, and another 5 mil for salaries. Piece of cake. 

According to Rallis these letters are a smoke screen as to the Clubs real targets. These would just be form letters and i would assume that we would have received the same letters.

On 15/12/2017 at 10:20 PM, JayZko said:

Borrello for jumpei 

jamie Maclaren for riera 

oar for cejudo 

Raul llorente for nico Martinez 

bam we are contenders 

Sure except we have no chance of getting 3 out of those 4.

and what’s your issue with Llorente? He’s offered more than most Australian LBs getting balls into the box

On 12/12/2017 at 10:30 PM, NotVaughan said:

In about the 80th minute Jumpei was wide open from a cutback, just back from the penalty spot and pushed it wide with no power at all. That was his left foot wasn't it? A good demonstration of why he avoids using it.

That’s the one. I thought he tried to hit it with the outside of his right boot. Either way, his shoot ***** still needs work. 

4 hours ago, Upthehill said:

Sure except we have no chance of getting 3 out of those 4.

and what’s your issue with Llorente? He’s offered more than most Australian LBs getting balls into the box

No issue I think Clisby is good enough I think a foreign spots a waste in that position