Mierzejewski Brace KO's Wanderers

2 minutes ago, StringerBellend said:

I'm not team #gombauout, but by the end of the season he will have had 21 out of 27 rounds and a mid season transfer window. He should be judged on what he does with the team. Popa is gone as is Foxe, if Gombau can't put a team in the top 6 of a league as **** as this one is then, I'd be suprised if he is trusted with the next season.

I think it will be academic anyway as. we will make the 6, and maybe the 4. I'm not advocating we drop coach as a hat, but I'm pretty tired of the blaming of previous manager.

I'm actually warming to the potato headed one.

:lol:

It’s definitely academic.

Yeah I agree the #popaout-ers are generally too eager to blame him, but unfortunately FCB is right - we’re in a pre-season. This team is a mashup. Part Popa, part Gombau. You don’t let your captain go unless you know you’re rebuilding.

Gomabau made a massive mistake experimenting for the last derby, but it looks like he’s getting some settled players and positions now, I actually think we’re showing some good signs. There’s not many decent players brought into the A-league in the January window, but he brought two good’uns. More signings of that class and we’ll be in business.

1 minute ago, btron3000 said:

Yeah I agree the #popaout-ers are generally too eager to blame him, but unfortunately FCB is right - we’re in a pre-season. This team is a mashup. Part Popa, part Gombau. You don’t let your captain go unless you know you’re rebuilding.

Gomabau made a massive mistake experimenting for the last derby, but it looks like he’s getting some settled players and positions now, I actually think we’re showing some good signs. There’s not many decent players brought into the A-league in the January window, but he brought two good’uns. More signings of that class and we’ll be in business.

Yep Gombau has made a bunch of mistakes, but the clubs aim has to be to get into the knock out games and go from there. The league is ****, we can still make top 4 and should make the 6. I just get wound up at the, its ok this pre-season for next year... This season isn't over and we shouldn't give up on it until it is. I'll engage in watching youtube clips of random south americans in the off season, its long enough.

Can't wait for Perth @ ANZ stadium to think how great the atmosphere will be. 

Just now, lloydy136 said:

Flares were the only highlight. Oh and the collection of cove twelvies who rushed the away  end and offered the entire rbb out.

Comical that people are still trying to blame popa. Did he tell gombau to play tiki taka during a monsoon?

Apparently he rang Carrusca and told him to try and chest a ball down on the edge of his own box, rather than belt it anywhere

6 minutes ago, lloydy136 said:

Flares were the only highlight. Oh and the collection of cove twelvies who rushed the away  end and offered the entire rbb out.

Comical that people are still trying to blame popa. Did he tell gombau to play tiki taka during a monsoon?

At what point did the junior football factory crew think that it was going to end well? Weird wasn't it

1 minute ago, luisenrique said:

I remember a couple of them coming into the Aurora a couple of years ago with similar intentions, it ended with them quite literally crying outside with their parents next to them.

They look like they are going to a Danny Dyer dress up party

42 minutes ago, btron3000 said:

FCB is always right :-)

We are never going to win anything with Gombau. He is incapable having this squad play to its strength, but exposes its weaknesses instead. Roly and Bridge are a shadow of themselves. Herd in the stands. 

That's not man management. That's stupid. He says that he won't change, so Gombau Plan A all the way it is. But as long as people are enjoying the positive signs...

Edited by FCB