Wanderers Ban Active Support

On 2/26/2018 at 6:45 AM, MartinTyler said:

A few ejected from the side stands as well. Looks like they were itching to put their 'Campbelltown' training into action.

you referring to the smurf fans that were trying to invade the RBB?

16 hours ago, btron3000 said:

Imagine the uproar if 20 RBB members tried to bust into the Cove at a Wanderers home game! 

In season 1 at Allianz a small group of Wanderers fans strolled through the Cove just before KO loosely dressed in Santa outfits....there was only minor 'handbags' as they were leaving. Somehow I cant see that scenario playing out the same these days !!

22 hours ago, Erebus said:

Yeah I'm kinda of the mind of **** the away derby in the coming years. Ticket prices are a joke and that's enough of a reason to not go now.

Let's just see if FFA in its current form and composition is still in place by the time the new season kicks off. An administration that actually speaks on behalf of, and for, football supporters would be nice.

I personally can't see myself go to Smurf away games in the near future. Too much agro, too much hassle, and I don't like to feel ripped off.

giphy.gif

Letter to Members

Pursuant to the activities in the Active Support Area at Allianz Stadium last Sunday and in accordance with the letter to Members issued on 12 July 2017, the Western Sydney Wanderers Football Club has resolved to close down the Active Support Area for the upcoming home match this weekend against Perth Glory on Sunday 4 March 2018.

The Western Sydney Wanderers maintains its position that it will not accept offensive behaviour being displayed at its matches and also will not accept the illegal use of incendiary devices.

The Western Sydney Wanderers maintain that the majority of those Members in the Active Area have been outstanding and supportive of the Club and the team. Unfortunately a small group have made this action unavoidable. Investigation into those directly responsible for the lighting of flares is continuing.

Members who normally attend in the Active Area will be subject to alternative seating arrangements that will not be active on the day. Communication to those affected Members will be conveyed later this week.

The Active Area will be reopened for the following match against Wellington Phoenix on 10 March 2018, however should there be any further breaches of the terms of admission then the Club reserves the right to close down the Active Area for a further indefinite period.

The Western Sydney Wanderers Football Club is committed to its continued engagement with Active Members to ensure a future for Active Support at this Club.

John Tsatsimas
CEO Western Sydney Wanderers FC

No Active Sunday v Perth. Wonder how many who decided this marched and chanted and froze in the rain Derby Day to now determine how we show our support. Without us you are naught. You'll see Sunday what that adds up to. 

Edited by DamnedUnited

The next letter should be notice to all security services responsible for keeping the public safe at games, that their services are no longer required owing to total failure in their objective to conduct their jobs efficiently.

I went to heaps of NFL games in the US and there is no way anyone is getting in with anything there...period

when I see a flare at a game, I think who has failed to keep me safe.

In saying that, we have been at each others throats regarding bloody flares since day 1, and there is no winning for those that think they are ok...either front up for the football or stay home and play with fireworks pretending you are in Eastern Europe..

After the flares went off the club had phone calls from FFA, the authorities, and the media. No one can be surprised about this.

Closing the active bays was on the cards, and now it has happened. Again, no surprises here either.

Next stop: points deduction. If it happens then, again, no one can be surprised, or complain.

Without taking sides my worst fear is that since they have now banned active for the next home game it becomes easier to ban active altogether. The game in Aus NEEDS active support. It will die without it.

There is nothing to stop flares getting in again and being set off in the terraces if members decide to go down that route or rivals wearing our gear want to play mischief and set off flares to incite the authorities to deduct points. 

Can hardly say it was unexpected, letter went out to members at the start of the season, Club had no choice, it was either going to be this or forced so Club got on the front foot.  I have no opinion on flares, don't care either way, but unfortunately people in charge do, anyone who thinks flares benefit the Club in any way is deluded, the Club didn't shut it down, the members who ripped them did. 

Edited by scarcev
2 minutes ago, scarcev said:

Can hardly say it was unexpected, letter went out to members at the start of the season, Club had no choice, it was either going to be this or forced so Club got on the front foot.  I have no opinion on flares, don't care either way, but unfortunately people in charge do, anyone who thinks flares benefit the Club in any way is deluded, the Club didn't shut it down, the members who ripped them did. 

You're positive the culprits were members?

Pre curser to permenant active ban .?  Death of active support at wsw?

Atmosphere already dire at anz and spotless. Gonna be grim without any active at all...

Lets see impact on size of crowd ?

Imagine if the pubescent school boys called the cove are the only remaining "active" group in the a league what a joke. Surely just a matter of time before they are targetted too. Despite ffa bias towards the team..

I love football as a game but honestly many times over the last few seasons , the quality of football dished out to us has been Sh@te the crowd experience and atmosphere created by the RBB (more so at pirtek of course) has been the difference of me going to the game or not...

If active dies completely and lets be honest it nearly has already I am sure our crowd numbers will continue to shrink . Not sure the move back to the new stadium without active would make that much of a difference either ..

Killled the goose that laid the golden egg!!!!

17 minutes ago, jockman said:

Pre curser to permenant active ban .?  Death of active support at wsw?

Atmosphere already dire at anz and spotless. Gonna be grim without any active at all...

Lets see impact on size of crowd ?

Imagine if the pubescent school boys called the cove are the only remaining "active" group in the a league what a joke. Surely just a matter of time before they are targetted too. Despite ffa bias towards the team..

I love football as a game but honestly many times over the last few seasons , the quality of football dished out to us has been Sh@te the crowd experience and atmosphere created by the RBB (more so at pirtek of course) has been the difference of me going to the game or not...

If active dies completely and lets be honest it nearly has already I am sure our crowd numbers will continue to shrink . Not sure the move back to the new stadium without active would make that much of a difference either ..

Killled the goose that laid the golden egg!!!!

Our active support is shrinking because of the two holes we are using as our temporary homes, security and police working in and for those holes, the football that has been dished out, and the loss of the social experience we had in Parramatta. Throw in the FFA's attitude, a few flares, a few tifos,  and you end up where we are now.

On the bright: the new Parra police chief dude apparently is pro football, and we can expect much more understanding from that side once we are back home. Also, there will be a safe standing area in the new Parra ground.  It hasn't been installed for Eels supporters. 

Edited by FCB
45 minutes ago, scarcev said:

^ This.

No point grumbling about the draconian nature of FFA or the Club admin themselves - everybody knows that pyro will bring some kind of sanctions, and those who do it anyway are only hurting the other 99.9% of active supporters who give their time and heart to creating a spectacle for the team.

Without the RBB the matchday experience will be garbage - and it will be squarely the fault of those who think ripping flares makes them anti-authority.

2 minutes ago, FCB said:

Our active support is shrinking because of the two holes we are using as our temporary homes, security and police working in and for those holes, the football that has been dished out, and the loss of the social experience we had in Parramatta. Throw in the FFA's attitude, a few flares, a few tifos,  and you end up where we are now.

On the bright: the new Parra police chief dude apparently is pro football, and we can expect much more understanding from that side once we are back home. Also, there will be a safe standing area for 1200 people in the new Parra ground. They haven 't been installed for Eels supporters. 

I really hope and wish as  you say that  the move back to  Parra, better policing, safe standing , overall better experience  and of course better performance on the pitch ...turns it around.  My fear is that by the looks of things we are still a season and a half away from  moving .What state will the club/fan base be in by then and will people come back?

3 minutes ago, jockman said:

I really hope and wish as  you say that  the move back to  Parra, better policing, safe standing , overall better experience  and of course better performance on the pitch ...turns it around.  My fear is that by the looks of things we are still a season and a half away from  moving .What state will the club/fan base be in by then and will people come back?

SOP when compared with Parramatta is a painful experience,  it is hard work going to ANZ and SOP - for everyone. The club is painfully aware of this, and is determined to take people back to Parramatta 2.0 in numbers. We are halfway through this period of homelessness. Only 17 more games at SOP. I am counting down.

In the meantime FFA in its current form has to go, so people can breathe again. And the crap display on the pitch needs sorting. Three out of the last four seasons were crap. The club has to make big decisions in the off season to avoid another one.

Finally the club have waken up and shut them clowns down , how dare they express their opinions about the ffa , ffa have done a lot for the game , crowd numbers are up by 30% and police numbers are up by 70% , you people just don't understand how football is run , thank god the ffa are here 

Up up ffa ☝️😁

• mack locked this topic
  • mack unlocked this topic