Wanderers Ban Active Support

49 minutes ago, KGee said:

JT will do nothing.  He's a lily livered ****wit who only cares about sponsors and will quite happily run everything else down for them as he collects his pay cheque for doing next to nothing.

#FCKJT

Member number 18018 if you're reading and lacking the backbone to accept you should have resigned long ago.  Feel free to ban me too.  

Have you actually ever sat down with him and have a conversation?

26 minutes ago, GrEmIoWaNdErEr said:

Why should JT worry about us supporters and rbb he should be worried about the bloody knobheads running the game. plus he would not close down the rbb or fans will push him out as I said they put it all on us but we have the power because we are the fans we support the club so if JT closed the rbb down then he will cop a lot of critiscm.

You do realize that it was the WSW in general and JT in particular who lobbied for save standing in the new ground? And you do realize that war has broken out between the clubs and the bloody knobheads?

5 hours ago, luisenrique said:

Btw, aren't the Cove the only active block who didn't support the boycott the last time? I could be wrong but I'm sure I remember them being the only ones not willing to stand with the other groups.

No, they participated in the boycott round. The Cove as a group are more reluctant to engage in collective action with other groups as they have a chummy relationship with the FFA.

I doubt they'd be part of any similar action now with the clear favouritism their club is being shown by the FFA and their part owner/FFA Chairman in the Lowy family. I'm not sure enough people who care are left across the league to drive another such display of unity against the FFA either.

1 minute ago, GrEmIoWaNdErEr said:

Yeh amico I do realise but we are getting torn to shreds by MSM and trust me every article I see when you type up a league is on the red and black bloc being banned and flares and crap we it's giving us bad name making us look like fools seriously JT needs to do his job by actually defending the fans not the FFA he kneels down to the FFA when something like, this happens when he and the club are against the FFA along with the nine other clubs seriously enough is enough defend like your fans 

The clubs formed their own professional group, the Australian Professional Football Clubs Association (APFCA). If you read their latest press releases then you will realize that the clubs do not kneel down, but are doing the opposite:

"Unless and until there is an independent A-League without the involvement of the FFA – other than being the national federation – then one cannot imagine that any commercial entity would agree to join the A-League if they are required to do so on the same draconian conditions that the existing A-League clubs endure.

https://www.apfca.com.au/apfca-statement-in-response-to-ffa-expansion-claims/

Once the league is independent a lot of the BS that we had to put up with will go down the plug hole. There can then be someone in place who can speak on behalf of football, and for football supporters. Let's hope that Lowy and Co will be farewelled in March.

Forget MSM coverage. its been ripping into football in this country for 60 years.

What you should be complaining about is the governing body allowing it to happen freely and not telling the MSM to STFU. That is more criminal than what the MSM gets away with.

FCB knows what's up. The clubs are against FFA due to the above reasons he has mentioned and linked. They are beholden to the FFA atm and want to control their own destiny.

4 hours ago, hughsey said:

Talking of pullovers, I’d like to know why the Cove were allowed not one but two, the other night. My understanding was that WSW, MV and ESFC were all banned from them indefinitely??

AND tell me what was different about their tifo compared to our one that was rejected that ran the exact same theme...

Pullover was meant to be a dropdown from the roof like the FFA Cup one but weather made that unsafe. The half pullover/half dropdown from 2nd tier was a last minute compromise. The type of compromise you get when you have productive relationships rather than antagonism.

As for the theme, FFA didn't approve another anti-Arnie banner because of the homophobic cock sucking one that RBB refused to apologise for. Amazing how that little incident has been left out of the "2 years of perfect behavior where's our reward?" thinking in this thread. The "Arnie [cock]" banner on Sunday will ensure that future Arnie banners will continue to be denied.

41 minutes ago, mack said:

No, they participated in the boycott round. The Cove as a group are more reluctant to engage in collective action with other groups as they have a chummy relationship with the FFA.

I doubt they'd be part of any similar action now with the clear favouritism their club is being shown by the FFA and their part owner/FFA Chairman in the Lowy family. I'm not sure enough people who care are left across the league to drive another such display of unity against the FFA either.

Call it chummy, call it favouritism, but it works. FFA, club and cops know those who rip flares will be handed over and who to talk to when people need to pull their heads in.

56 minutes ago, NotVaughan said:

Pullover was meant to be a dropdown from the roof like the FFA Cup one but weather made that unsafe. The half pullover/half dropdown from 2nd tier was a last minute compromise. The type of compromise you get when you have productive relationships rather than antagonism.

As for the theme, FFA didn't approve another anti-Arnie banner because of the homophobic cock sucking one that RBB refused to apologise for. Amazing how that little incident has been left out of the "2 years of perfect behavior where's our reward?" thinking in this thread. The "Arnie [cock]" banner on Sunday will ensure that future Arnie banners will continue to be denied.

Call it chummy, call it favouritism, but it works. FFA, club and cops know those who rip flares will be handed over and who to talk to when people need to pull their heads in.

In light of the 'impeccable' behaviour of your fans in Adelaide last December, perhaps you could enlighten us as to the repercussions/measures taken?

55 minutes ago, btron3000 said:

If by “works” you mean “create a lame-arse fan base”, then yeah it works.

It’s also pretty easy to make things “work” when you’ve been a protected species all along.

Also, funny how you know so much about why RBB tifos were denied.

Mate call it what you will but it's the best home end in the country at the moment and has never been out of the top 3. Keep caring about looking tough and cool. If I wanted to take cheap shots I could be having a lot more fun this week (for 5 minutes until I got banned), I'm trying to give you guys some perspective, cause I often read interesting views on this forum.

As for "protected species all along" sure, if you pretend history started in 2012 it looks that way, but there were heaps of arguments and splits and disputes with the club before things got to how they are now.

It's not funny how I know, it's fcking obvious. But then again the homophobia wasn't fcking obvious to many here so maybe I'm giving people too much credit.

2 hours ago, NotVaughan said:

So in your eyes should there be a consequence for you guys sending 5 of your lot up our end to pick a fight with us?

Just now, lloydy136 said:

So in your eyes should there be a consequence for you guys sending 5 of your lot up our end to pick a fight with us?

5 bans for 5 years plus I should expect. You'll need a bit more to back up the "you guys sending" and "your lot" though (particularly given I'm not in active these days so not sure what guys or lot I'm meant to be part of).

More interesting was the response to and fallout from the Grand Final flare. But I've only heard rumor there.

7 hours ago, btron3000 said:

But you can't Prydz. As the above posts state, there has been 2 years with no flares and what have we got to show for it?

Two years of the game going down the gurgler, of the game day experience getting worse and worse. And then when a couple of dudes rip a flare everyone starts hyperventilating.

It’s the wide blanket of anti-social behavior & having no incidents which includes all of it, flares, Arnie etc Lets be honest, there will always be something that the main stream media will jump on, if it wasn’t the flares it would have been the “FCK FFA” and mini banners they unfurled.

This should be bottom of the list of priorities but the FFA is too worried about appeasing the mainstream & santising the game so it is no different to other sports. So many more pertinent issues right now in Australian football which is why I think the focus right now needs to just isolate this incident. It’s hard to separate our hatred for the FFA & the way they’ve run our game. It will take a new approach by the administrators of our game & league before it will head in the right direction.

Erebus speaking lots of sense, the focus should be right now between club, the people who want to step over the line & the incidents. It’s hard to sit by & just let the FFA run the game into the ground but it’s making a difficult situation worse. What’s the bet on a personal level that many in the club enjoy what flares bring but it’s a line in sand. Flares can’t happen.

25 minutes ago, NotVaughan said:

Mate call it what you will but it's the best home end in the country at the moment and has never been out of the top 3

This larikan is having a larf

:lol: 

Try chanting, the poor PA is going to break down after carrying your mob on its back. 

24 minutes ago, NotVaughan said:

More interesting was the response to and fallout from the Grand Final flare. But I've only heard rumor there.

We don’t just make up this stuff when it comes to favoritism. You guys have a laugh when “we cry victim” yet stuff like this gets swept under the carpet. Not the first either...

24 minutes ago, NotVaughan said:

5 bans for 5 years plus I should expect.

Why shouldn’t we expect the same for those that misbehave wearing red & black?

10 year bans for those that let off the flares & season long bans for “fck FFA” shirts (which is way over the top).

The FFA needs to stop pandering to the main stream media & reacting to the complete over the top reaction. We need to be proactive against this sort of media agenda, not just hoping that they won’t report in the following week. If there is a whole lot of lies & bullshit we set the facts right. Make it clear that if you step out of line, you’ll end up facing the punishment. Zero tolerance approach to misbehavior and start defending the 99% of fans who do the right thing.

8 minutes ago, Prydzopolis said:

This larikan is having a larf

:lol: 

Try chanting, the poor PA is going to break down after carrying your mob on its back. 

Wonder how many dB Buzz Rothfield's sound meter will read at S'less next Sat... (cause you can't be suggesting that MV are any good at the moment)

But I'm not here for bants so I'll leave you with this from before I was outed as a Dozy Smurf (thanks mods)

On 12/24/2017 at 11:57 AM, NotVaughan said:

You're right, it's better to pretend that WSW is totally unique and doesn't face pretty much the same issues all the other clubs do. I guess that's why there are so many basic mistakes being made right now, decision makers are too self centered to realise these problem have all been solved before. Enjoy the "process" while they figure it out for themselves.

5 hours ago, GrEmIoWaNdErEr said:

Yeh amico I do realise but we are getting torn to shreds by MSM and trust me every article I see when you type up a league is on the red and black bloc being banned and flares and crap we it's giving us bad name making us look like fools seriously JT needs to do his job by actually defending the fans not the FFA he kneels down to the FFA when something like, this happens when he and the club are against the FFA along with the nine other clubs seriously enough is enough defend like your fans 

Hard to defend the indefensible, was there a flare? yes was there a written warning about flares given to every member pre season? yes

How is he supposed to defend that?

Come on mate,

Yes, the problems are being faced league wide, the FFA have done it at Melbourne Victory and managed to completely santise the atmosphere. They’d prefer it that way.

There are two ways to do it, the way that the FFA are working is slowly closing the net on all clubs active support. One club are happy to work in the system, accept all the limitations & watch them santise things, strip things away bit by bit.

You say self centered & basic mistakes. Yes flares are illegal but to say it’s a basic mistake of the RBB leadership is stupidity. I see the majority of actions (it's not willing to responsibility of people wanting to do the wrong thing, eg are the cove going to take responsibility for the people who tried to enter the RBB? Did the cove take responsibility for the flare at the grand final?) as consistent. I have no issue with the RBB fighting back, not willing to accept the restrictions that constantly seem to increase season after season. You see it as a mistake, being self centered but it’s just two different ways to go about things, one glass half empty and one glass half full.

No active areas at a football ground is like being seated in the foyer of the local hospital atmosphere wise. I think unfortunately some of the people running football (I understand this was club imposed to appease those who may take points away) see Madrid and Barca on tv and say to themselves that’s what we want. Little do they know is that the crowds are tourists fwiw.

Ah, the Arnie banner. A truck load full of RBB guys copped a ban, Arnie has not been talking much crap since - what else is there to say? Shall we talk about a VIC fan being stabbed while drinking beer in Surry Hills, or are we done?

WSW have protocols in place at their home grounds to keep rival fans apart. Other clubs don't. That a few Smurfians put on their dad's fortified underwear when they went to the game, and felt inspired to show them red and black is not the issue. That they were able to walk over and enter the bay, that's the issue. More police and security than spectators, and they just walk into the bay - it is astonishing, really. Talk about being asleep on the steering wheel.

16 minutes ago, GrEmIoWaNdErEr said:

Just two little flares come on I've seen worst in Eastern Europe and South America I mean the media overact the two flares that were lit but I've seen the cove light flares during marches and even in the gf and they have had fights relating to the Adelaide incident. So why we get punished and ESFC get away with all that ****

That is not the point mate. Two wrongs don't make a right.

It is ILLEGAL. No excuses. JT can not defend the actions of those fans who lit the flares.

Lederer's not leaving. He's got so much cash he doesn't need to sell, he's got the other three blokes on the ownership group chipping in for any losses there might be, and he's got our new stadium and the council paying for his academy. The FFA could implode the A-League and Lederer would just put his hands up with the other current owners and just start their own FFA & new league.

Just now, JayZko said:

I think we need a change of ownership all for a fooking boycott worst season ever

Delusional. Throwing **** at the wrong tree mate.

FFA, media and the cops are to be blamed. 

Stadium security and the pigs are incompetent. They let in ****en flares. They let in dickhead smurfs into our active bays. They are very heavy handed when there is no need for it.

To make things worse. If flares are so easily going through security like a sift, what would stop knifes or bombs getting through?

Don't get me started on media and the FFA.

47 minutes ago, GrEmIoWaNdErEr said:

Just two little flares come on I've seen worst in Eastern Europe and South America I mean the media overact the two flares that were lit but I've seen the cove light flares during marches and even in the gf and they have had fights relating to the Adelaide incident. So why we get punished and ESFC get away with all that ****

Someone could have died 😡 grow up , how dare the rbb make more news then the a league has made all season 

FLARES NOW LEGAL IN AUSTRALIAN FOOTBALL

If you saw that heading make waves and that it was true that flares were now legal and usable in games, would there be anything to complain about?

Seems that all the talk from here, MSM, online etc. is about the illegal item used. So then, if it were okay to use them do you think they'd be accepted by the aforementioned, or would they still be complained about?

If the reason for the 99.9 percent of people who are against them is that they're illegal, then you would have nothing to complain about and there would be nothing for the media to sensationalise or exaggerate over (apart from rival fans who get past security and have cops throw them out and still blame us for it).

Ergo, the flares which seem to be the main and in some cases only reason to us being shat on (whether self-inflicted or not), would no longer be a issue. However, the stigma football fans carry and have carried for over 60 years in this country will still be there and any thing that can be used as an excuse to say whatever **** they want to; they wore offensive shirts, they swore in chants, they broke a seat, they're ethnics, they're all trouble makers etc. just because the way we support seems foreign to them.

• mack locked this topic
  • mack unlocked this topic