Pathetic Draw Against Perth

17 minutes ago, Ossified said:

I once read that the Ancient Egyptians used to prepare a Pharaoh for mummification by drawing his brain out through his nose with a hook.

At some point watching this game a similar procedure had seemingly been performed on me.

You all thought that when the security guards were waving the wands around people it was for metal detecting. I can exclusively reveal it is a part of a new suite of tools developed for the FFA , with this one called the  "Lobot-o-mate" , which has been introduced to encourage a more family friendly atmosphere. 

**** Shitirio!

He should have kept going rather than milking the penalty to send Reddy off. That was pathetic.

If he kept going all he needed to do was tap the ball in and we would take all 3pts

The three security guards sitting inside the fence on the grass and watching the empty RBB bays was both funny because they looked dumb and infuriating at the same time because it was a totally unnecessary waste of resources and money. 

Edited by bombagol
11 hours ago, jockman said:

Crap all round.

Double "random" take everything out of your pockets  then wanding  then Pat down as I failed to get into express entry as only "paper" tickets worked apparently. Told the guy wanding me that as a middle aged guy I pose no threat this is totally over the top  and he can go fork himself. Only to have to go through it again at the other entry.

Get into stadium see group of riot cops leaning against the wall looking "tough" one even had stab vest on..

Get to seat after having to show membership card. My 15 year old Son goes to get some food , on the way back the lady at the aisle entry would let him back in as he didn't have his membership card, even though she saw him leave the bay. He had to call me to come and get him. Gave her a mouth full too..

Move onto the atmosphere...I've seen more life in Rookwood cemetery. Terrible despite the few in the wst having a go..

Game...perhaps the worst performance by a wsw team I have seen..clueless . Didn't help the overall experience. Big changes needed!!!!

If this is the "family friendly", sterile clap clap sit down experience that the FFA so dearly want, and it seems is winning the battle. Then football in Australia is dying/dead.  

I am finished this season can't do this anymore...going to the football is supposed to be fun.

Highlight of the night...timing the train from SOP to Lidcombe then connecting train to seven hills with only a few minutes wait between trains.

Conspiracy theory...Gallup secretly working for AFL/NRL consortium with the aim to destroy the A League for good 😁😁😁😁

Only when the families decide to stay away will Spotless be family friendly enough. The carry on with security and police there is absolutely bonkers. Have you ever heard about security guys sitting in front of an empty active bay, and making sure that no riots break out?

SOP has all the trimmings to turn into the WSW graveyard.

Nah he would have... That's what infuriates me most about yesterday... If a world class player was in the same situation as Shitirio was... They would have kept going and score the goal.... Shitirio tried to find the easy way out by sending Reddy off....

31 minutes ago, SBW said:

Nah he would have... That's what infuriates me most about yesterday... If a world class player was in the same situation as Shitirio was... They would have kept going and score the goal.... Shitirio tried to find the easy way out by sending Reddy off....

Didn’t need to be a world class player, a half decent A League player (with a football brain) would have slotted it. 

Travis Dodd would have been enough 

14 minutes ago, StringerBellend said:

Didn’t need to be a world class player, a half decent A League player (with a football brain) would have slotted it. 

Travis Dodd would have been enough 

Yeah, listen, no issues with a player going down with some contact as you expect that in the modern game, I don't have some stupid moral high standing on how the game should be played and expectations that cannot be met. But the Sotirio thing was just piss weak. At least if you are going to simulate do a good job of it and trail your leg a little better, at least be good at it lol I don't know what it more embarrassing, Sotirio or the VAR and resulting red card that followed lol 

Unpopular opinion no doubt, but meh...

Edited by WSWBoro
5 minutes ago, WSWBoro said:

Yeah, listen, no issues with a player going down with some contact as you expect that in the modern game, I don't have some stupid moral high standing on how the game should be played and expectations that cannot be met. But the Sotirio thing was just piss weak. At least if you are going to simulate do a good job of it and trail your leg a little better, at least be good at it lol I don't know what it more embarrassing, Sotirio or the VAR and resulting red card that followed lol 

A lot of people here were criticising Carusca for not making contact with the keeper in the first half. I thought he did the right thing. If he had of missed the ball and made contact with the keeper.....instant red. I watched it and was thinking where was the support for him in the box....there wasn't any.

12 hours ago, Unlimited said:

Olympic Park station crowd control is ****ing **** and completely non-sensical *************

There's a train to Lidcombe that departs in two minutes and is obviously not full at all BUT HEY LET'S MAKE EVERYONE WALK TO THE OTHER END OF THE PLATFORM SO WE ALL MISS THE TRAIN

******* shambles

absolutely ridiculous

fold the station

#olympicparkout

i'm handing in my opal card

:smurfnono: :smurfpoint:

Why are you paying for train travel? Included in your ticket/membership :lol: 

12 hours ago, ANZAC said:

also noticed liam reddy before heading in the tunnel was clapping towards the empty rbb bays...

Thought he was clapping the fans? Thought he might have done it to calm down the fans who had converged around the tunnel to “cheer” him off :lol: 

12 hours ago, Erdz said:

I don’t get all the banter on Sot’s

His last 4 games with at least 10 mins on pitch:

Opening goal Vs Central Coast

Subbed on gets a goal vs Wellington

Subbed on vs SFC, gets in good position near goal line and cuts ball back for a great chance for team mate.

Subbed on today and gets in terrific position to force a red card. No one else manages to get into positions like that so keep that in mind.

I think Sotirio is like a dead horse that many can wack over & over again to blame all of WSW’s problem on. We all know he isn’t the most talented & is being used as he should be over the last few weeks.

He should have stayed on his feet? He got caught on Reddy’s leg (did he stamp on it). Please guys, don’t be ridiculous. It’s not like he left his foot in there trying to initiate the contact.

12 hours ago, Paul01 said:

We missed Bonevacia tonight. Baccus Jnr should have started as the sole DM.

And why didn't Bridge get subbed instead of Ikonomidis? Stupid sub

I thought Baccus had a terrible game, he couldn’t place a pass all night. Let’s be honest, when you play with Carrusca & Cejudo in midfield you aren’t playing with 2 6/8’s.

Lots have been calling for Kearyn Baccus, he was absolutely woeful. I remember that when he came on a few times later in the game he looked good but lately he has just lost it

All season he has started Bridge & played him too many times past 60 minutes. I begrudgingly accept that it is okay for him to start as Llorente does a lot of running for him down the wing however he doesn’t have 90 minutes of running in him. He is the type of player that would be perfect for him to come on for the last 20-30 minutes. Maybe as he is captain?

Taking off the player that has looked our most dangerous player in front of goal since he arrived? Madness. There were 9 other players that deserved to come off instead of him.

The team just never reached its early season potential, and yea its very disjointed I am just waiting for next season (looks like Gombau was from the beginning as well) if we make finals it will be by fluke and everyone below us somehow being worst than us and we can't go any further than the first game of the finals. 

Soooo.... From this week until the end of the Finals I shall be Jets fan as they can give me some solace in knocking off the Smurfs this season

Security over the top yet again. Not allowing water into the stadium. Making people empty their bottles before entering. The Wife getting metal detected front AND back and the machine going off on her rings and thin bracelet ffs. And getting questioned about them. Then again at her ankles for no reason. Its like they were trying to make a scene. She sat with my mum who said she has NEVER seen that kind of treatment at Gate A. And for the first time every, they had to show their membership cards to get into the Black Bays.

My mum told the steward "I know where I'm going" but they needed to see it. Ffs there were like 20 people in their bay all game. What an absolute joke. Are they thinking the naughty RBB are going to storm the reserved seating areas and punch on with our fellow fans? Frak this whole thing off.

The lowest crowd ever for WSW in the HAL (6612 to be correct) was a good thing to see. It wasn't just the RBB boycotting. Many others have been as well. Expect to see a similar crowd next week for a Saturday night game vs Nix. Clashes with the NPL2 game but that won't be the reason. The reason is the entire HAL is dying a quick death.

All A-League fans need to boycott the finals. That hurts the FFA the most as the money goes to them.

But I can't see Newcastle (don't blame them) or SFC boycotting their semis (because they are angels).

Crap performances aside. If we weren't subjected to these security measures and antagonistic behaviour towards us, we'd rock up. But the entire experience of being treated less than human is turning EVERYONE away. 

@prydz

Agree about baccus snr. I was excited to see him back but he barely broke into a jog for the 30 min he was out there.

This is a damaged and broken squad.

I know most are sick of me banging on about gombau but i have to say i expected a bit of a tough period while he implemented his system what i didn't expect was how bad he was going to be at man management.

Even the spanish players seem to hate him and not one of our squad is busting themselves out there for him.

1 hour ago, Prydzopolis said:

Why are you paying for train travel? Included in your ticket/membership :lol: 

Thought he was clapping the fans? Thought he might have done it to calm down the fans who had converged around the tunnel to “cheer” him off :lol: 

I think Sotirio is like a dead horse that many can wack over & over again to blame all of WSW’s problem on. We all know he isn’t the most talented & is being used as he should be over the last few weeks.

He should have stayed on his feet? He got caught on Reddy’s leg (did he stamp on it). Please guys, don’t be ridiculous. It’s not like he left his foot in there trying to initiate the contact.

I thought Baccus had a terrible game, he couldn’t place a pass all night. Let’s be honest, when you play with Carrusca & Cejudo in midfield you aren’t playing with 2 6/8’s.

Lots have been calling for Kearyn Baccus, he was absolutely woeful. I remember that when he came on a few times later in the game he looked good but lately he has just lost it

All season he has started Bridge & played him too many times past 60 minutes. I begrudgingly accept that it is okay for him to start as Llorente does a lot of running for him down the wing however he doesn’t have 90 minutes of running in him. He is the type of player that would be perfect for him to come on for the last 20-30 minutes. Maybe as he is captain?

Taking off the player that has looked our most dangerous player in front of goal since he arrived? Madness. There were 9 other players that deserved to come off instead of him.

Actually i meant Baccus Snr 

43 minutes ago, thefairy said:

Still on track for 6th place finish.

First to ever win the grand final at 6th spot.

#recordbreakers #gombauIN #wsw4life

The decline is astounding.

6th spot, here we come - perhaps. 25 points behind the Smurfs, and a massive 2 point gap to 7th spot after 22 rounds.

The HAL is not a warm up tournament for the post season cup. It's a competition. We are playing the most boring, uninspired and uninspiring football ever. The squad lacks fitness, and after a decent start into the season appears, as Lloydy pointed out, damaged and broken.

If Gombau was just a caretaker, just about everyone would be glad to see the better of him once the curtain falls on this season.

47 minutes ago, Erebus said:

Security over the top yet again. Not allowing water into the stadium. Making people empty their bottles before entering. The Wife getting metal detected front AND back and the machine going off on her rings and thin bracelet ffs. And getting questioned about them. Then again at her ankles for no reason. Its like they were trying to make a scene. She sat with my mum who said she has NEVER seen that kind of treatment at Gate A. And for the first time every, they had to show their membership cards to get into the Black Bays.

My mum told the steward "I know where I'm going" but they needed to see it. Ffs there were like 20 people in their bay all game. What an absolute joke. Are they thinking the naughty RBB are going to storm the reserved seating areas and punch on with our fellow fans? Frak this whole thing off.

The lowest crowd ever for WSW in the HAL (6612 to be correct) was a good thing to see. It wasn't just the RBB boycotting. Many others have been as well. Expect to see a similar crowd next week for a Saturday night game vs Nix. Clashes with the NPL2 game but that won't be the reason. The reason is the entire HAL is dying a quick death.

All A-League fans need to boycott the finals. That hurts the FFA the most as the money goes to them.

But I can't see Newcastle (don't blame them) or SFC boycotting their semis (because they are angels).

Crap performances aside. If we weren't subjected to these security measures and antagonistic behaviour towards us, we'd rock up. But the entire experience of being treated less than human is turning EVERYONE away. 

Wow, different at the other entrance, gate D. Walked in with water, no one checked my pass after entry. I then took three friends on the free General admission tickets from gate A  up to bay 442 and no one blinked.

18 minutes ago, FCB said:

The decline is astounding.

6th spot, here we come - perhaps. 25 points behind the Smurfs, and a massive 2 point gap to 7th spot after 22 rounds.

The HAL is not a warm up tournament for the post season cup. It's a competition. We are playing the most boring, uninspired and uninspiring football ever. The squad lacks fitness, and after a decent start into the season appears, as Lloydy pointed out, damaged and broken.

If Gombau was just a caretaker, just about everyone would be glad to see the better of him once the curtain falls on this season.

Take your pick 

A) part of the process

b) philosphy

c) something about cycles

d) popa’s Fault (despite leaving 23 rounds ago) 

I’m not convinced we will make sixth we still have 2 Melbourne teams away to do 

Edited by StringerBellend

Guy behind woke me up and commented " saw the jets beat the Smurfs the other night, 4 defenders & 6 attackers, great game, sod next season I am off up to Newcastle".

Well it was that sort of night, the quality of that game in a quiet stadium was enough to drive even the ardent fan to tears of boredom, apathy beyond.

For me turning point, was Raul not getting a pen in the opening minutes, looked a solid pen to me, possibly 2-0 up a different game maybe......

1 hour ago, Swanderer said:

Wow, different at the other entrance, gate D. Walked in with water, no one checked my pass after entry. I then took three friends on the free General admission tickets from gate A  up to bay 442 and no one blinked.

I had a 'Gate A' experience at Gate D.

10 minutes ago, WSWJACK said:

Guy behind woke me up and commented " saw the jets beat the Smurfs the other night, 4 defenders & 6 attackers, great game, sod next season I am off up to Newcastle".

Well it was that sort of night, the quality of that game in a quiet stadium was enough to drive even the ardent fan to tears of boredom, apathy beyond.

For me turning point, was Raul not getting a pen in the opening minutes, looked a solid pen to me, possibly 2-0 up a different game maybe......

Gillett took the wind out of their sails with that call and the penalty given to the diver Torres. 

This season under Gombau, no resilience.