Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
blameturner

RBB Announcement | Season Boycott

Recommended Posts

As voiced in our last statement, we have given both the club and FFA time to hear us out in regards to the state of active support. Up until now we have not heard from the FFA nor club management. Only club staff have reached out and stated the following are proposed to be put in place for the remainder of the season

- removal of capo stand
- capo ban for swearing during a chant remaining in place
- potential dismissal of club marshalls
- increase police and hatamoto presence for remainder of the season

As a result, we have taken the decision to not attend games for the rest of the season. Whilst this decision burns us to our core as we live for the badge and colours of this club, this decision has been made in order to reconvene with all stakeholders during the off season to come back bigger and stronger next season.

It’s through these increasing restrictions that active support is suffering and nearing non existence. We encourage all to support the team how they sit fit, however, due to the increasing measures taken by various managements, there will be no organised active support during the remainder of this A league season (including any potential finals).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

100% with the RBB on this. It's a disgrace what is happening to active support in this country. Fingers crossed we can overcome these issues or at least hold out until we return to Parra. Don't want to go down the same road as the NT.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Obviously 100% behind the RBB, annoyed that it's being picked up and reported on by fox sports and the like.

Just gives a chance for people to post the usual garbage because they hate the RBB, they're always from the same supporter group funny that.

Probably should've mentioned people are still attending just not as active supporters.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, lloydy136 said:

100% support from me.

Not interested in what muppets from other clubs or the media say. They aren't the ones being mistreated every week.

Same. Unfortunately there are quite a few of our own supporters who just conn ft this simply to flares or misbehaviour.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, wengerboy said:

Honestly to be taken seriously, RBB should threaten to boycott all of next season as well.  This is the hill to die on.

Not sure about the measure, but agree this is the hill to die on. FFA in disarray, numbers down across the board, some media (Fox, SBS, y’know the ones that have some people that understand football) recently reporting that the relationship has to improve (i.e. it’s not all our fault) and recognising what active brings to the sport.

Definitely time to take a full stand.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This decision was not taken lightly. We’d love to find a common ground that worked with everyone but there’s zero chance of that happening with what they’re looking to bring in. It would not have been a fun end to the season. 

Now to use the worlds longest off season to talk some sense into them and be ready to go for next season. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

And to top it off, its supposed to be Members Appreciation Round.

Not too many members will there to be appreciated.

Edited by Paul01
Correction

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi All Happy here again :)

What is really sad is that really what this is all about is to a soccer game cheer for your team and go home happy or unhappy but feeling good that you have just watched a game of soccer , talk about how bad the game was or how good and what a great goal or geez how did we lose that game.

That's what soccer is about so happy is gunna crack it here and say " FOR GOODNESS SAKE GET YOUR ARSES TO THE GAME AND SUPPORT YOUR F*#@ BELOVED WESTERN SYDNEY WANDERERS AND CUT THE CRAP) .

That's what a true soccer supporter would do so see you all tomorrow night and lets help the Wanderers win !!!

bye for now from Happy :)

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, HAPPY said:

Hi All Happy here again :)

What is really sad is that really what this is all about is to a soccer game cheer for your team and go home happy or unhappy but feeling good that you have just watched a game of soccer , talk about how bad the game was or how good and what a great goal or geez how did we lose that game.

That's what soccer is about so happy is gunna crack it here and say " FOR GOODNESS SAKE GET YOUR ARSES TO THE GAME AND SUPPORT YOUR F*#@ BELOVED WESTERN SYDNEY WANDERERS AND CUT THE CRAP) .

That's what a true soccer supporter would do so see you all tomorrow night and lets help the Wanderers win !!!

bye for now from Happy :)

 

 

Opinions are assholes, I can also say the RBB has played a big role in the successes of our on field performances in the past, Archie Thompson even mentioned the other day how daunting it was to travel to Parramatta, one of many many examples of the influence from the RBB I can use.

Here is two scenarios.

1: RBB rocking up to the games each week with dwindling numbers and voices/ rights getting suppressed, therefore not being able to give the TEAM the lift that they need.

 

2: RBB will make a hard sacrifice to get their rights back and for the club to actually take them serious.

Which will then have them come back stronger next year and lift our teams performance.

 

So you tell me, what is more detrimental to the club, a weak RBB or a stronger RBB?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So where has the capo stand removal come from? The club, the stadium or the police? If it's the latter then they will have no desire to discuss/compromise ever. What's in it for them? To get them to change you would need strong public opinion and major media players to come out and say it's outrageous. This unfortunately will never happen for what is a niche sport in this country. As far as the cops are concerned they are not interested in dialogue etc. They simply don't care.

Edited by beatsurrender

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, 1988banana said:

I took it home with me

Totally understandable given the next 2 matches are at ANZ instead of Spotless

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi All Happy here again :)

I will tell what is detrimental , so called soccer supporters staying at home and having a sook because you get in trouble for letting of a flair you get in trouble for chanting bad language , get over it and come and come and support our team when we most need it , I don't care if you go as an RBB member but for god sake get to the game to support your team , that is what the hell it is all about not just about the RBB ,  and yes bring on a strong RBB we need you when in form.

But what about those supporters who bring their children to a game and listen to the chanting of foul language , THAT'S NOT FAIR IS IT !!!!

So again come on Wanderers supporters get to the ground tomorrow and support our team we need all the support.

 bye for now from Happy :)

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, HAPPY said:

Hi All Happy here again :)

I will tell what is detrimental , so called soccer supporters staying at home and having a sook because you get in trouble for letting of a flair you get in trouble for chanting bad language , get over it and come and come and support our team when we most need it , I don't care if you go as an RBB member but for god sake get to the game to support your team , that is what the hell it is all about not just about the RBB ,  and yes bring on a strong RBB we need you when in form.

But what about those supporters who bring their children to a game and listen to the chanting of foul language , THAT'S NOT FAIR IS IT !!!!

So again come on Wanderers supporters get to the ground tomorrow and support our team we need all the support.

 bye for now from Happy :)

 

 

#Happy4Capo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Gutted that this is the situation we find ourselves in. But totally understand the RBB needing to take this position. No swearing? Faaark that.

Viva active support.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

100% back the rbb after a dismal away bay in melb last  week my son said he didn’t want to come back again said without the rbb and it’s atmoshphere the match day experience is **** 

if nothing changes back a season long boycott and use the money to saved on away trips and memberships to fly Anti gallop lowy and ffa planes over games next season haha 

Happy man put the red cordial down for one night and look at the bigger picture 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, HAPPY said:

Hi All Happy here again :)

I will tell what is detrimental , so called soccer supporters staying at home and having a sook because you get in trouble for letting of a flair you get in trouble for chanting bad language , get over it and come and come and support our team when we most need it , I don't care if you go as an RBB member but for god sake get to the game to support your team , that is what the hell it is all about not just about the RBB ,  and yes bring on a strong RBB we need you when in form.

But what about those supporters who bring their children to a game and listen to the chanting of foul language , THAT'S NOT FAIR IS IT !!!!

So again come on Wanderers supporters get to the ground tomorrow and support our team we need all the support.

 bye for now from Happy :)

 

 

Keep them blinkers on champ

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, 1988banana said:

Keep them blinkers on champ

Wouldn't need f*** the FFA chants if they were doing their job properly and treating ALL fans with respect.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, beatsurrender said:

Hamill is a good man. Along with Santa he is one of the few players we have that truly get us and understand what it means to be red and black and wear the colours. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Biggest game of a terrible season and RBB decide their needs are greater than the needs of the team, typical of the 'blame mentality' we see everyday from this generation.  Sure the sanctions are incorrect, I agree, but the simple truth is if there was no illegal behaviour in regard to the pet hate which is flairs then NOTHING else would of happened now don't say it was just a few individuals or whatever, it was as planned as sure as day follows night.  You want respect you have to earn it you don't just get it. The saddest part is in Government parlance you have lost the support of your electorate, whereas WSW members would stand up and fight for you guys in the past it appears as if now they purely don't give a **** whether you are there or not, losing the support of your own party - that's a sad state to be in, the fact that we are losing and not playing well gives credence to those who say you are abandoning a sinking ship rightly or wrongly.  When the results turn around and Parra Stadium is complete we will have you all back on the terraces guaranteed regardless of any sanctions, the Club knows that and the FFA knows that and deep down even you know it.

This statement 'we live for the badge and colours of this club, this decision has been made in order to reconvene with all stakeholders during the off season' is as laughable as it is stupid.  Soooo we live for this badge and are willing to risk this entire season so as we can get to have a meeting with some suits - hahahah hardcore my ass!!!  What will not going to the game achieve in regard to hurting FFA, I will tell you, absolutely ZERO, they already have your money and the atmosphere will be **** at that shithole no matter who is there.  Perhaps while you are at home today or in GA, go take your lyric sheet and read the lyrics of the chants.  So while I respect your right to do whatever you feel you need to do, this Badge and this Team should be the No1 priority not some petty ego disagreement.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, scarcev said:

Biggest game of a terrible season and RBB decide their needs are greater than the needs of the team, typical of the 'blame mentality' we see everyday from this generation.  Sure the sanctions are incorrect, I agree, but the simple truth is if there was no illegal behaviour in regard to the pet hate which is flairs then NOTHING else would of happened now don't say it was just a few individuals or whatever, it was as planned as sure as day follows night.  You want respect you have to earn it you don't just get it. The saddest part is in Government parlance you have lost the support of your electorate, whereas WSW members would stand up and fight for you guys in the past it appears as if now they purely don't give a **** whether you are there or not, losing the support of your own party - that's a sad state to be in, the fact that we are losing and not playing well gives credence to those who say you are abandoning a sinking ship rightly or wrongly.  When the results turn around and Parra Stadium is complete we will have you all back on the terraces guaranteed regardless of any sanctions, the Club knows that and the FFA knows that and deep down even you know it.

This statement 'we live for the badge and colours of this club, this decision has been made in order to reconvene with all stakeholders during the off season' is as laughable as it is stupid.  Soooo we live for this badge and are willing to risk this entire season so as we can get to have a meeting with some suits - hahahah hardcore my ass!!!  What will not going to the game achieve in regard to hurting FFA, I will tell you, absolutely ZERO, they already have your money and the atmosphere will be **** at that shithole no matter who is there.  Perhaps while you are at home today or in GA, go take your lyric sheet and read the lyrics of the chants.  So while I respect your right to do whatever you feel you need to do, this Badge and this Team should be the No1 priority not some petty ego disagreement.  

That makes little sense, because you can then argue that any RBB action is placing their needs higher than the needs of the team

We've had what... one flare this season? Come on

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...