Sign in to follow this  
mack

Western Sydney Wanderers vs Adelaide United 15/04/2018 5:00PM

just walked in from my game - first thing I see is a scuffed goal kick from izzo that ikonomidis tried to chest down and mis-controlled it 10 metres away.

quality.

who holds the record for most yellows in a season for wsw?

risdon making an heroic run at it

edit - I checked - he needs 1 more to catch Dimas

edit 2 - mack beat me to it :)

Edited by lloydy136

6 minutes ago, LetsPele said:

FMD how many times have we conceded within 3 minutes of scoring!! 

That was a microcosm of our season wasn’t it? 

39 minutes ago, Upthehill said:

He made a great youth CB for the same reason Appiah Kubi smashed the youth level, he's relatively fast and athletic for a CB. He was able to recover quickly and fix his mistakes since that element of your game has more to do with athleticism and less to do with technique. But he was shifted out wide because he was a fast(ish) fit defender with a left foot.

I wish he didn’t just demonstrate my point 

although Hammil was also way too square

Edited by StringerBellend

that should never have happened. heaps of defenders around the box all doing impressions of training cones.

Yep, that is the DMs fault. When a guy is fooling around with it around the box and there are a couple of defenders plus one DM (the younger Bacci) on the ball, the other DM has to be aware of other threats. The elder Bacci got unnecessarily drawn to the ball. Pisspoor. Totally pisspoor.

If the ref had given a yellow for that challenge after the VAR moment does it get rescinded?

Defensive

8 minutes ago, btron3000 said:

Yep, that is the DMs fault. When a guy is fooling around with it around the box and there are a couple of defenders plus one DM (the younger Bacci) on the ball, the other DM has to be aware of other threats. The elder Bacci got unnecessarily drawn to the ball. Pisspoor. Totally pisspoor.

In the lead up, that's risdon's wing, he was nowhere, if he was there the cross doesn't come in... 

4 minutes ago, mack said:

And he missed :(

FMD

It always feels this way at the game. I have been known to get a bit shouty, but fmd the ref is shocking

We have such a slow defense. 

Everytime we foul we get a yellow... everytime they do it's play on !

I reckon a player should not take two penalties in a row especially if they scored the 1st.....they have the favorite spot and on the second one they try to change and more often than not miss .

Why wasn’t that pen also a second yellow card? Ikon in the 6 yard box, would have had a free shot at goal and got cynically tripped with no attempt to go for the ball.

Yes. Football actions like stopping and attack or denying goalscoring opportunity given yc or rcs are rescinded, but not things like violent conduct, dissent, brutal tackles.

Our intensity and purpose has to increase massively in this second half if we're any hope of a win... 

And we should try getting ikonimides on the ball early, in space (like Adelaide have done with their wide men) rather than getting it to him when he's hugging the sideline and heavily marked...

3 minutes ago, Davo said:

Why wasn’t that pen also a second yellow card? Ikon in the 6 yard box, would have had a free shot at goal and got cynically tripped with no attempt to go for the ball.

The change of "legitimate" tackles denying goalscoring opportunity from a red card to a yellow, was matched by a change for stopping a promising attack, in the box those are no longer punished with a yellow card.

6 minutes ago, tardotz said:

We have such a slow defense. 

Everytime we foul we get a yellow... everytime they do it's play on !

I reckon a player should not take two penalties in a row especially if they scored the 1st.....they have the favorite spot and on the second one they try to change and more often than not miss .

Second pen you need to go blast into the top corner German style. Do that right no keeper is stopping it.

3 minutes ago, mack said:

The change of "legitimate" tackles denying goalscoring opportunity from a red card to a yellow, was matched by a change for stopping a promising attack, in the box those are no longer punished with a yellow card.

didn't corny get a second yellow for handball in the box earlier this season based on the 'promising attack' nonsense?

8 minutes ago, mack said:

Sure, for a legitimate tackle. I wouldn’t call laying on the ground and tripping a guy, getting nowhere near the ball, a legitimate tackle though.

The legitimate tackles thing only applies to red cards iirc.

I'm not sure exactly what the Cornthwaite second yellow was, might be handball is not given the same exemption a tackle is. 

for a socceroos fullback, we sure do get ripped a lot down risdon's side.

I miss neville. his crossing was deadly to those in the cheap seats but wingers very very rarely got round him.