Wanderers Season Ends Against Adelaide

Well said Stinger 

anyone bagging a passionate Santa for talking out should wash their mouth out with sop 

his comments aren’t that bad he’s basically just said the club should be doing better 

He’s also probably put himself on the line now that if gombau stays he won’t keep him, so I’ve got massive respect for him uncontracted and speaks to media without a filter 

another reason he’s a club legend 

Edited by GunnerWanderer
8 hours ago, mack said:

Of course they wouldn't be upset, because if he left they wouldn't have to make a decision to sack him and then try to negotiate a payout of the last 2 years of his contract.

Standard wsw owner's , bunch of cowards 

7 minutes ago, GunnerWanderer said:

Well said Stinger 

anyone bagging a passionate Santa for talking out should wash their mouth out with sop 

his comments aren’t that bad he’s basically just said the club should be doing better 

He’s also probably put himself on the line now that if gombau stays he won’t keep him, so I’ve got massive respect for him uncontracted and speaks to media without a filter 

another reason he’s a club legend 

Wherever Santa ends up, he'll always remain the epitome of a true WSW man.

Needs a statue.

8 hours ago, StringerBellend said:

If it was just one player, in particular a one season wonder who doesn’t give a stuff about the club eg Cejudo, who was saying something I’d probably think it’s a disgruntled player with a axe to grind..

But it isn’t is it? It’s Santalab saying it the one player in the squad who would run thru a brick wall for the club, who is our leading goalscroer etc 

What’s more he is the It’s the latest in a long list of players saying it. Cejudo (yes who cares see above), cornthwaite, Bridge...

For Santalab sake this is Santalab saying this, Santalab!

The guy that has scored countless goals when we needed it.. including keeping us in a acl

yet apparently we should go with a manager who in five and half months has failed to organise a defence and prior to coming here is greatest achievement is the Hong Kong league and the preseason Comp

its ok nick Fitzgerald and Bruce Kamau are coming   

this.

madness that people are still backing gumby who has achieved exactly nothing at our club. if someone as loyal as santa is going to bossi then the situation must be beyond dire.

we now have had - corny, baccus, bridge, riera, cejudo, roly and santalab all question his approach and way of dealing with players. that is just the ones we know of publicly. corny, bridge and santa are all highly respected pros who have no history of being problems.

keep faith in gombau and by the time we get back to parra we will be in a hole so deep that we won't climb out for years.

there is nowhere to go imo but to sack this idiot before he does any more damage.

Edited by lloydy136

If we sack Gombau because the players are pissy then we're in a deep hole anyway. What happens if they don't like the next coach? Sack him as well?

If you let the inmates run the asylum, players picking the coach not the other way around then you've lost control of the team culture and you're stuffed.

This doesn't mean Gombau should get a free pass.

Just that the club need to take strong action against the moaning, badly under performing players and let them go if they don't like working under Gombau, and then after getting rid of players who want to be in business for themselves (good luck in Wellington or Gosford or Perth), decide what to do with Gombau.

1 hour ago, mack said:

If we sack Gombau because the players are pissy then we're in a deep hole anyway. What happens if they don't like the next coach? Sack him as well?

If you let the inmates run the asylum, players picking the coach not the other way around then you've lost control of the team culture and you're stuffed.

Just that the club need to take strong action against the moaning, badly under performing players and let them go if they don't like working under Gombau, and then after getting rid of players who want to be in business for themselves (good luck in Wellington or Gosford or Perth), decide what to do with Gombau.

It's always the children's fault isn't it Seymour.

It’s hard to really know what is going on at the club when you are on the outside looking in. 

The only person who really does know, and who has the power to correct things is JT. 

He farked up with the timing of Popa leaving, and now is his time to shine.

He needs to make the right call with Gumbie, I don’t care which way he goes as long as we are killing it on the pitch next year.

2 hours ago, mack said:

Yep. Agree. 

14 minutes ago, sonar said:

Yep. Agree. 

Isn’t it the managers job to manage though? Assuming gombau stays then it’s up to him to sort the squad out, if he goes then it’s the new guys job. 

2 hours ago, mack said:

If I was the owner of the asylum and the inmates were throwing their own poo out the windows and jumping on the tables, then during a review I’d probably question the management of the asylum

2 minutes ago, StringerBellend said:

Isn’t it the managers job to manage though? Assuming gombau stays then it’s up to him to sort the squad out, if he goes then it’s the new guys job. 

If I was the owner of the asylum and the inmates were throwing their own poo out the windows and jumping on the tables, then during a review I’d probably question the management of the asylum

Apparently, there will be a review with the board.

I hope the first words that are said "Goodbye and don't let the door hit you on the way out"

26 minutes ago, StringerBellend said:

I'd question why the inmates were there in the first place......low or no IQ's.

4 hours ago, mack said:

you are obviously clueless, we need to be as much like sydney fc as possible so the moment we have a disappointing season we sack the coach, its a perfect idea because that means we will never have any team culture, no one will feel safe at the club

lets be more like sydney fc and hire frank farina i am sure the pulsating maggots here(only a few people) wouldnt complain and then after he doesnt perform well we can hire paul okon and once he is a failure hell i'll put my hand up for the job,

seriously though some people have no forward thinking, just like the popaout clowns some people belong supporting sydney fc instead

On 4/16/2018 at 9:08 AM, lloydy136 said:

I watched some of gumby's press conference and he really does think that he is on track and the 'project' is going well.

[...]

The club would have known all of this. They have seen what gumby does, they would (should) have had these discussions before hiring surely....

In hindsight, Gombau talked a lot of rubbish at the Nov 1st press conference. He still talks rubbish.

Lederer believed it at the time, gave the ok to sign Gombau, and JT got the papers ready to be signed. Chances are that the owners group and WSW execs have changed their minds somewhat.

I am sure Gombau is a nice bloke. Pity that he missed the "how to defend - 101" classes when he did is training certification.

There is some crazy stuff on Facebook my favourite is blaming Popas culture of ill discipline for Keanu Baccus getting sent off and that gombau is fixing it

regardless of if you #gombauout or #ingombauwetrust that’s some pretty out there logic 

18 hours ago, GoatyMcGoatFace said:

KILL IT(bossi)

Bosnich just said that he believes Gombau should have next season but if he doesnt deliver he should be fired and i 100% agree, when you have roly on your team then you have to be given some slack

Get a marquee coach who knows what he is doing instead. It'll make everyone happy. Apart from the members of the Gombau cult, that is.

5 minutes ago, StringerBellend said:

There is some crazy stuff on Facebook my favourite is blaming Popas culture of ill discipline for Keanu Baccus getting sent off and that gombau is fixing it

regardless of if you #gombauout or #ingombauwetrust that’s some pretty out there logic 

Yeah, a lot of rubbish on facebook......pretty stupid. The player is responsible for his actions on the field...no one else. 

11 minutes ago, FCB said:

Get a marquee coach who knows what he is doing instead. It'll make everyone happy. Apart from the members of the Gombau cult, that is.

oh yea some of us think he deserves a chance with his own squad, honestly i am not pretending he is perfect, but honestly so far his signings has been much better than tony's so if we could have tony in charge of tactics and gombau in charge of signings then i would be pretty happy with that, if we fire him and then hire frank farina its time to jump in front of a bus

Yup, that's clearly what I was doing by asking why if this squad was full of such amazing talent, that none of them but Riera could manage 5 goals and wondering if our supposedly "top 4 squad" was actually a top 4 squad when our foreign attacking trio Jumpei, Roly & Cejudo combined scored as many goals as Jason Hoffman did.

I must be blind to not see how good and how easily this side should have made the top 4, quite clearly I was blinded by this apparent superiority on display in such brilliant performances as losing 2-1 to Adelaide at home in the FFA Cup Semi Final and needing penalties against Blacktown City in the FFA Cup Quarter final and the 2-2 draw against the Mariners in Round 2.

Where were the #GombauOut hashtags after those matches?

It's all Gombau's fault, it's his fault Brendan Hamill scored as many goals as Santalab did this year. That Cejudo, Roly, Jumpei all scored less than Sotirio. When our team were 1-1 against Perth Glory, we went a man up, had the opposition goalkeeper sent off, putting an outfielder in goals, Gombau ordered his players not to shoot at goal for the 8 minutes of stoppage time.

It's all Gombau's fault. Re-sign everyone and give the side to Popa or Kenny Lowe or Paul Okon and we're gonna win the title next season.

24 minutes ago, mack said:

Yup, that's clearly what I was doing by asking why if this squad was full of such amazing talent, that none of them but Riera could manage 5 goals and wondering if our supposedly "top 4 squad" was actually a top 4 squad when our foreign attacking trio Jumpei, Roly & Cejudo combined scored as many goals as Jason Hoffman did.

I must be blind to not see how good and how easily this side should have made the top 4, quite clearly I was blinded by this apparent superiority on display in such brilliant performances as losing 2-1 to Adelaide at home in the FFA Cup Semi Final and needing penalties against Blacktown City in the FFA Cup Quarter final and the 2-2 draw against the Mariners in Round 2.

Where were the #GombauOut hashtags after those matches?

It's all Gombau's fault, it's his fault Brendan Hamill scored as many goals as Santalab did this year. That Cejudo, Roly, Jumpei all scored less than Sotirio. When our team were 1-1 against Perth Glory, we went a man up, had the opposition goalkeeper sent off, putting an outfielder in goals, Gombau ordered his players not to shoot at goal for the 8 minutes of stoppage time.

It's all Gombau's fault. Re-sign everyone and give the side to Popa or Kenny Lowe or Paul Okon and we're gonna win the title next season.

This post does put quite a lot of things in perspective!   :lol:

And it's great that we have some lively debate here that doesn't involve penis tifos and flares! !! :woah: