mack

Squad Development 2018/19 Part 1

any chance we could snag Jedinak on loan in January ? 

Join WestSydneyFootball.Com and participate by registering an account.

When will Ziggy get his Aussie passport?

Play Raul at rw/lw tell him to run hard for 60" then swap him with Sotirio to do the same in attack. 

31 minutes ago, Burgerman said:

Play Raul at rw/lw tell him to run hard for 60" then swap him with Sotirio to do the same in attack. 

In theory were jam packed with Wingers With Majok, Kamau and Fitzy plus the converted Roly. But reality is Risdon will be with NT for Asian Cup so llorente will be playing LB for a while longer

45 minutes ago, Sithslayer1991 said:

In theory were jam packed with Wingers With Majok, Kamau and Fitzy plus the converted Roly. But reality is Risdon will be with NT for Asian Cup so llorente will be playing LB for a while longer

Matthew Cordier might get an opportunity instead of Llorente.

17 hours ago, Paul01 said:

When will Ziggy get his Aussie passport?

It's with the Govt now. There was never a guaranteed time-frame, except that because of the type of citizenship he has (descent) it's much quicker than other types.

1 hour ago, mack said:

It's with the Govt now. There was never a guaranteed time-frame, except that because of the type of citizenship he has (descent) it's much quicker than other types.

If he could bowl leg spin or bat at number  3 he’d have it by now 

Edited by StringerBellend

On 12/12/2018 at 9:21 AM, StringerBellend said:

We definitely need Yeboah if we are to succeed in our ambition of obtaining the record for the most Pacey but  non scoring wingers in the a league  

its a record i really want us to keep

On 13/12/2018 at 11:19 AM, Burgerman said:

Positive we tried him at LW last season and he was ineffective because he relies on the overlapping run into space to exploit gaps. Was marked out of the game as a left winger.

On 12/12/2018 at 8:53 PM, Sime11 said:

Jedinak would be my no.1 target to start a new era in the new stadium. We need a defensive midfielder rock, baccus and JOD just don’t have if we want to challenge if we’re honest. Maybe one of them with an experienced head like Jedinak but together it just won’t work. Jedinak would carry this team, in still some mental toughness, a winning mentality and a leader which we lack. I fully expect our owners to do nothing to try get him.

On 12/12/2018 at 8:53 PM, Sime11 said:

He's already 35 (which makes me think it's funny the new south west team have already pencilled him in as marquee for their first year).

If Ziggy gets his citizenship we'll have a much better selection.

28 minutes ago, mack said:

He's already 35 (which makes me think it's funny the new south west team have already pencilled him in as marquee for their first year).

If Ziggy gets his citizenship we'll have a much better selection.

Not that it matters because I fully excpect us to do nothing in regards to signing him, but he’s 34, won’t be 35 until August next year. Did well for Australia as recently as a few months ago in a tough World Cup group v world class midfield opponents. He would do well here, even for a season, in my opinion 

16 hours ago, Xfactor said:

Not that it matters because I fully excpect us to do nothing in regards to signing him, but he’s 34, won’t be 35 until August next year. Did well for Australia as recently as a few months ago in a tough World Cup group v world class midfield opponents. He would do well here, even for a season, in my opinion 

He could perhaps provide some sort of leadership and direction on the pitch assuming he fits in with Bab's plan? I can't really say much for his fitness levels now though, I would guess that he would be alright for A-league coming from the Championship???

But if he's pencilled in for the new Sydney team then I don't think I could handle him playing (and most likely suceeding) for another club after seeing him our colours. I'm such a pessimist. 

Reported on Twitter by Michael Turner that Citeh are looking to get Baby Baccus.
Talk that it could involve a player swap with Brattan. Also speculation we could sign Jan Kirchoff during Jan

Edited by beatsurrender

Handing them a promising player we've spent years developing just so they can sell him down the track would be idiotic.

This season is dead anyway, just go to Brattan with a 4 year deal and get him for next season onwards.

3 hours ago, mack said:

Handing them a promising player we've spent years developing just so they can sell him down the track would be idiotic.

This season is dead anyway, just go to Brattan with a 4 year deal and get him for next season onwards.

Absolutely. We've let a few youngsters go recently, most won't achieve anything above aleague level, so little harm. Keanu is the most promising youngster we've seen come through our ranks, next to Aspro. 

4 hours ago, matty said:

Absolutely. We've let a few youngsters go recently, most won't achieve anything above aleague level, so little harm. Keanu is the most promising youngster we've seen come through our ranks, next to Aspro. 

I'm on the fence with this one. Bratten brings a bit of the ahole element we probably need. Kirchoff been a name thrown around for a while now.

7 minutes ago, ZachMercer said:

I'm on the fence with this one. Bratten brings a bit of the ahole element we probably need. Kirchoff been a name thrown around for a while now.

Couldn't agree more, we need some experienced mongrel at dm but I don't want to swap a promising WS kid for it

54 minutes ago, GunnerWanderer said:

We need something better than Baccus or bratten 

Yeah I don't think Bratten is a fix at all, he seems like a laconic follower to me. A Jedinak/Milligan calibre player is the minimum requirement

8 hours ago, matty said:

Yeah I don't think Bratten is a fix at all, he seems like a laconic follower to me. A Jedinak/Milligan calibre player is the minimum requirement

So basically Socceroo standard

4 hours ago, Unlimited said:

So basically Socceroo standard

It would be nice but not necessarily. The mongrel and leadership qualities are most important. 

Heck even someone like Vince Lia wouldn't hurt 

Poljak?