Jump to content
mack

Squad Development 2018/19 Part 1

Recommended Posts

So I think tonight (0-2 vs City) confirms that Riera needs to go, hopefully rested in favour of trying Yeboah up front and Baumjohann is not a good choice to resign. He's lazy, misplaces passes under no pressure and can't take control of a game - at all. 

Share this post


Link to post
Join WestSydneyFootball.Com and participate by registering an account.

I hope we've got some more signing announcements to follow Yeboah

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, wswnick said:

I hope we've got some more signing announcements to follow Yeboah

i am hoping for at least 6 good players, not expecting much though but i still think Yeboah is a huge improvement on everyone else we have

Share this post


Link to post

Tongyik gone.... Out of all the players he was the one I would like to have kept.

Share this post


Link to post

I would only guarantee we have an injury replacement spot available for Bridge. Tongyik's spot is probably gone to Yeboah.

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, mack said:

I would only guarantee we have an injury replacement spot available for Bridge. Tongyik's spot is probably gone to Yeboah.

perfect for a ryan griffith's like signing 

Share this post


Link to post
18 hours ago, matty said:

So I think tonight (0-2 vs City) confirms that Riera needs to go, hopefully rested in favour of trying Yeboah up front and Baumjohann is not a good choice to resign. He's lazy, misplaces passes under no pressure and can't take control of a game - at all. 

Agreed on Riera, he just doesn’t fit the style. And perhaps its impacting his form but he isnt good enough to revolve the team around and hes been a real let down this season in terms of adding leadership as one of the rare experienced heads. Hes too lethargic and just jogs through the motions. 3 players really let the team down in our pressing game and thats Riera, Roly and Baumjohan. They just prance and jog to marking positions. We have a dodgy defence that how it is, so we need to press higher up. 

I am more forgiving of Baumjohan as he still absokutely opens up defences. If we can get a buzzing, energentic team around him he will blossom. He needs to show more but even at walking pace he can find passing lanes. We need all 3 of our attackers making runs therefore we need mobility. Roly and Riera need to go. 

Share this post


Link to post

So Tongyik has been and gone then...

Share this post


Link to post
15 minutes ago, mack said:

I would only guarantee we have an injury replacement spot available for Bridge. Tongyik's spot is probably gone to Yeboah.

If Mahazi is mature age rookie (and why wouldn’t he be) surely Yeboah took Baccus spot and we now have one squad spot for an incoming player 

Share this post


Link to post
13 minutes ago, mack said:

I would only guarantee we have an injury replacement spot available for Bridge. Tongyik's spot is probably gone to Yeboah.

Who took Baccus Snr's spot?

Real shame about Tongiyk. Unless theres some shocking attitude issues with him he deserves a spot over half the team. I can only hope Babbel sees enough in Russel and Tass to fill the void and trust over some crappy makeshift Elrich pairing should injuries occur. 

 

Now hopefully we can get a leader in the centre of the park to accomodate Baccus jnr

Share this post


Link to post
17 minutes ago, DeeDee said:

Who took Baccus Snr's spot?

Real shame about Tongiyk. Unless theres some shocking attitude issues with him he deserves a spot over half the team. I can only hope Babbel sees enough in Russel and Tass to fill the void and trust over some crappy makeshift Elrich pairing should injuries occur. 

 

Now hopefully we can get a leader in the centre of the park to accomodate Baccus jnr

Babbel clearly didn’t rate him in the preseason, he started Tass etc over him. City cut him for a reason too.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
×