Squad Development 2018/19 Part 1

Just now, spectacular291 said:

He was supposed to have been announced over the weekend and the next minute I hear he is in ******* Bali - what's going on!

Clubs don’t really announce things on the weekends. They’re usually done during the week or if a deal is done on a weekend, typically on Monday.

30 minutes ago, Taurus said:

Leroy is on an end of season holiday with rest of Victory squad.

He'll be announced as a WSW player, (provided few remaining details have been sorted) upon his return.

JT is also on leave, so this kind of major announcement is unlikely to be made in his absence

Have you heard anything re: Coaching situation?

47 minutes ago, Taurus said:

Leroy is on an end of season holiday with rest of Victory squad.

He'll be announced as a WSW player, (provided few remaining details have been sorted) upon his return.

JT is also on leave, so this kind of major announcement is unlikely to be made in his absence

i remember when klose was about to be announced as a wanderers player, i also remember that german coach who was going to be announced after popa left, i am sure the club will find one way or another to **** this up

2 minutes ago, GoatyMcGoatFace said:

i remember when klose was about to be announced as a wanderers player, i also remember that german coach who was going to be announced after popa left, i am sure the club will find one way or another to **** this up

Didn't we also go through this with Troisi?

1 hour ago, GoatyMcGoatFace said:

Well that's because many WSW fans take rumours as truth. One has to ask where these rumours are actually originating from and if there is any substance behind them.

13 minutes ago, Erebus said:

Well that's because many WSW fans take rumours as truth. One has to ask where these rumours are actually originating from and if there is any substance behind them.

that is true but at the same time there are a few times where we got very close to signing someone and at the last second it didnt happen but that is also very true

2 hours ago, GoatyMcGoatFace said:

Klose was a hoax initiated by Turner, if I recall correctly. Believe it when it's announced, or when Taurus says it.

Edited by FCB
9 minutes ago, FCB said:

He played us at least twice. 

that could be true but if so then we were stupid to fall for it a 2nd time, honestly not too unhappy about that i know a lot of people disagree but never hugely rated him i mean he isnt bad but he isnt as good as some people say

1 hour ago, Erebus said:

They originate from the same place that Elrich,Fitzgerald,Kamau and Tongyik signings came from. Gremio

1 hour ago, WHACKO said:

They originate from the same place that Elrich,Fitzgerald,Kamau and Tongyik signings came from. Gremio

To add to that, I was skeptical until a good mate physically saw him in the office last week. He spent 2 hours in a closed room. High fives all round after he left. Infer from that what you will.

But Gremio's mate seemed to know about the other 4 well in advance. 

If he has indeed gone to Dubai, it may mean he hasn't signed on the dotted line. Or he's just up for a holiday. Who knows

26 minutes ago, Upthehill said:

To add to that, I was skeptical until a good mate physically saw him in the office last week. He spent 2 hours in a closed room. High fives all round after he left. Infer from that what you will.

But Gremio's mate seemed to know about the other 4 well in advance. 

If he has indeed gone to Dubai, it may mean he hasn't signed on the dotted line. Or he's just up for a holiday. Who knows

its the worlds longest offseason - he could go on holidays pretty much everywhere and be back in time for round 1.

1 hour ago, WHACKO said:

Not quite. Gremio reads twitter and got all 4 of those from @mrwalkeragent and @thecovertagent. Both public accounts.

I know this as i often read the tweets and articles only to see the same info duplicated in here a very short time (i.e minutes or hours) later.

Granted Gremio may very well also have a mate as he suggested to further verify info, but i dunno. Seems a bit suss to me.

From all accounts it does seem like leroy is bound for wsw (based on taurus) but we will have to wait and see.

I love the feedback loop with twitter and this place. People post things here they read on twitter and others tweet what they read on here.

Apparently Cha Du Rhi is coming out of retirement and was sighted at the servo on the M4 buying a snickers and 2 gatorades in a 2 for $5 offer 

6 minutes ago, StringerBellend said:

I love the feedback loop with twitter and this place. People post things here they read on twitter and others tweet what they read on here.

Apparently Cha Du Rhi is coming out of retirement and was sighted at the servo on the M4 buying a snickers and 2 gatorades in a 2 for $5 offer 

I find that hard to believe!

2 for $5?

9 minutes ago, StringerBellend said:

I'm all for a good rumour (hell thats why i come in here) but don't take credit when i knows it is from somewhere else haha

• mack locked this topic