Squad Development 2018/19 Part 1

12 minutes ago, randy81 said:

I'm all for a good rumour (hell thats why i come in here) but don't take credit when i knows it is from somewhere else haha

I’m claiming full credit for the cha Du rhi rumour as I’m pretty sure I just made it up now, people may feel free to tweet it 

Edited by StringerBellend
7 minutes ago, GrEmIoWaNdErEr said:

I don't read Twitter rumours but I get them of my mate who tells me if there true or not sometimes I read Twitter rumours but 90% of the time I get em of my mate and turns out he is always right in fact this year all his rumours were right with kamau and the city trio heading here with elrich also tagging along then with leroy heading here. As I said I can read him rumours from Twitter and he tells me if there true or false simples 

Lol i'm confused. Do you or do you not read twitter?

38 minutes ago, GrEmIoWaNdErEr said:

I don't use Twitter as my account got blocked after I had an argument with a thugby league fan and I may have said some very bad words because I found out he was ***. And I do read Twitter but not as much and my mate makes all the rumours first then others use it and pretty much people hated him ( other rumour guys) because he was the one who was making profit and then he quit because of the hate and has been working for himself and his family  now and he tells me these rumours before any one other does (you know who) 

Wut?!

7 hours ago, Erebus said:

Well that's because many WSW fans take rumours as truth. One has to ask where these rumours are actually originating from and if there is any substance behind them.

Didn’t the Klose rumour come from atb boy turner and when I called horseshit on it he was displeased 

4 hours ago, StringerBellend said:

I love the feedback loop with twitter and this place. People post things here they read on twitter and others tweet what they read on here.

Apparently Cha Du Rhi is coming out of retirement and was sighted at the servo on the M4 buying a snickers and 2 gatorades in a 2 for $5 offer 

What colour were the Gatorades?

4 hours ago, GrEmIoWaNdErEr said:

I don't use Twitter as my account got blocked after I had an argument with a thugby league fan and I may have said some very bad words because I found out he was ***. And I do read Twitter but not as much and my mate makes all the rumours first then others use it and pretty much people hated him ( other rumour guys) because he was the one who was making profit and then he quit because of the hate and has been working for himself and his family  now and he tells me these rumours before any one other does (you know who) 

https://mobile.twitter.com/oztransfers/status/958951511337312256 we are negotiating with Kamau and tongyik of Melb city thoughts?

🤔🤔🤔🤔

Here are some other links also 🤔🤔🤔
12:32pm 31 march
Check out @e_ALeague’s Tweet: https://twitter.com/e_ALeague/status/979894110185287680?s=09

5:26pm 1st feb
Check out @TheCovertAgent’s Tweet: https://twitter.com/TheCovertAgent/status/958949614341640192?s=09

Edited by randy81
Realised that it didnt.read correctly
4 minutes ago, GrEmIoWaNdErEr said:

Look I really don't give **** about where the rumour came from OK so I got the rumours from my mate then you got yours from the walker agent and covert my ass ok I'm not in the mood farrkin I'm flying to Brazil tommorow for family emergency ok I'm farrkin mad and ciao

🤔🤔🤔

Last one i promise. 

Good luck with your family

2 minutes ago, GrEmIoWaNdErEr said:

Yeah that was once but I don't read his crap anymore he barely posts anything. Anyway got an international call from Brazilian police apparently my aunt got stabbed and brutally beaten and is fighting for her life in hospital this is my family from my mothers side who live in São Paulo so I'm very close with her she's 56 and carnt believe this has happened I'm gonna find the low life who did it and bury the **** 

Hope she pulls through for you

Ciao and good luck

2 hours ago, danielcarr said:

Leroy George is in Europe I believe. He was on a flight to Dubai from Bali, and I assume he went on home. 

Leaving the Melb Vic end of season party that was in Bali.

23 minutes ago, GrEmIoWaNdErEr said:

Hello amicos I still got 20 hours to go till I'm in Brazil right now I'm above the sea don't know which one tho but should be there by end of tommorow anyway I'm doing this in the toilet while I'm chucking a big one anyway I come back to Sydney in two weeks as that's when my next flight back to Sydney is anyway I'll chat with Yu guys maybe tommorow ciao

Hello Amico, an urgent message has been sent to all Phoenix supporters..."Don't look up"

21 minutes ago, tranquilo said:

Pato Rodruguez got released from jets, thoughts? seemed to be a saba 2.0 with lots of flair, but vargas was preffered over him as more of a team player i suspect.

I liked him after his first game at Jets but he offered nothing close to what Vargas gave (when he didnt have 3 knees).

So to spitball for a second, if Leroy is indeed coming and he is under the cap, we should be spending on someone solid to lead our midfield. Pato simply won't do the job. We need someone who can make Baccus and Roly drag themselves up by their own boots. 

My fear going into this season is that we are going to need someone like Tokich or Roberts to go absolutely mental and have a breakout year. We've bemusingly decided to sign 15 wingers so someone in the middle is going to have to step up BIG time.

So the question is, do we sign a mammoth CB or a magician at 10? 

decent deliveries into the box for Riera will need to be achieved for us to use his full potential, also wingers that can cut in and be dangerous. El rich at his best season made some excellent runs from the back and could overlap and also have a decent strike.

Defence let us down hard last season but was it the players or the change in tactics that led to such a shambles? Defence needs to be rock solid as wsw has always been known as, would love to see a 10 who isn't afraid to shoot. Carrusca seems to be able to have a decent shot and able to distribute free kicks well but at his age wont last 90 mins every match and hasn't the speed as a few years ago.

Leroy was excellent on the wing but also as a CAM he can cause damage, has decent dribbling skills.

8 minutes ago, tranquilo said:

Leroy was excellent on the wing but also as a CAM he can cause damage, has decent dribbling skills.

Just quickly to address this one, then ill reply to the rest. Leroy was genuinely average at 10 for MV. They used him there early and he was less than mediocre. He has 3 great traits - He's great in open space out wide, he's deadly on a dead ball and he's clinical on a loose ball in the 18. He's not our man in close quarters

Re crossing to Rieria, Rizzo should have been that man based on his performances for Glory. It just didnt seem to happen. Fitzy, Kamau and Elrich all have good crosses, lets see how that plays out.

Re your second paragraph - this is a hard one. Cornthwaite should have been more for us this season than he was. He had a troubled start in his first season but he came good big time during and after the derby the season before. Hamill stepped up more than we all expected, if he didn't we could have seen a few more blowouts than we had. The up coming season may hinge on getting a good aussie (or another Alberto Aguilar) to turn our wall of thatch into steel.

Right now im concerned about our middle channel (CBs and Mids). Spira, if you're reading this, I'll mow your lawns every day of your contract if you just sign with us

29 minutes ago, Upthehill said:

Just quickly to address this one, then ill reply to the rest. Leroy was genuinely average at 10 for MV. They used him there early and he was less than mediocre. He has 3 great traits - He's great in open space out wide, he's deadly on a dead ball and he's clinical on a loose ball in the 18. He's not our man in close quarters

Re crossing to Rieria, Rizzo should have been that man based on his performances for Glory. It just didnt seem to happen. Fitzy, Kamau and Elrich all have good crosses, lets see how that plays out.

Re your second paragraph - this is a hard one. Cornthwaite should have been more for us this season than he was. He had a troubled start in his first season but he came good big time during and after the derby the season before. Hamill stepped up more than we all expected, if he didn't we could have seen a few more blowouts than we had. The up coming season may hinge on getting a good aussie (or another Alberto Aguilar) to turn our wall of thatch into steel.

Right now im concerned about our middle channel (CBs and Mids). Spira, if you're reading this, I'll mow your lawns every day of your contract if you just sign with us

As much has MC Hammil stepped up, if he’s our first choice CB we aren’t winning anything 

• mack locked this topic