mack

Squad Development 2018/19 Part 1

10 minutes ago, WanderingToqui said:

Let's face it, the way things are currently, we will never be able to compete with the likes of MLS or China. There is no money in the game, we have a ridiculously short season with 10 clubs. We have sub par refs and we are the only league that copies the rugby league finals series format. WHY?  Sydney FC copies NSW origin colours, Brisbane does the same with their colours. Bloody sad that there was no originality with that. Why can't our comp just be who finishes first at the end of comp is the league champion? Like everywhere else in the world. Bloody finals series and grand final .... not right.  This rewards mediocrity. Let's play crap all season at a cricket oval or league field, scrape in in 6th place and get rewarded. I love Wanderers as I'm a westie born and bred but our league is a joke. What's the appeal, the weather? Last I heard the sun also shines in the USA and there's more money to boot. We need to overhaul the way the game is run. Anyways, I'm hopeful we can field a decent team for the coming season.

Mostly I agree with your first point about lack of money to compete with the US and China. Our lifestyle is a factor vs China though. 

I think most would agree idealistically re the finals but realistically, it won't change any time soon so little point getting worked up about it. 

Join WestSydneyFootball.Com and participate by registering an account.

42 minutes ago, btron3000 said:

We're getting our rumours (or, more to the point, squashing of rumours) from reddit now?

I knew Aussie football was in a state, but man. :lol:

No better or worse than anything else we've heard about Honda so far. It's going to be a looong off season. 

Fellas - we've lost our way. Not a single post with Sh***y youtube highlight for over 6 weeks.

I present to you, a **** that actually scores goals. Here is 4 straight minute of leroy scoring goals, followed by 4 straight minutes of assisting them...then a few minutes of **** i didnt watch

EDIT: no sorry only 2 minutes of assists. Sorry ive had a few tinnies and I lost count

of all the off off season rumour highlight reels, none have ever come close to that. Not even dribbleass

So far we're just going off rumor. I wouldn't throw the club under the bus just yet

He was supposed to have been announced over the weekend and the next minute I hear he is in ******* Bali - what's going on!

Edited by spectacular291

Just now, spectacular291 said:

He was supposed to have been announced over the weekend and the next minute I hear he is in ******* Bali - what's going on!

Clubs don’t really announce things on the weekends. They’re usually done during the week or if a deal is done on a weekend, typically on Monday.

1 minute ago, WestSydneyGunner said:

Clubs don’t really announce things on the weekends. They’re usually done during the week or if a deal is done on a weekend, typically on Monday.

But it's Thursday! What the hell!

Leroy is on an end of season holiday with rest of Victory squad.

He'll be announced as a WSW player, (provided few remaining details have been sorted) upon his return.

JT is also on leave, so this kind of major announcement is unlikely to be made in his absence

30 minutes ago, Taurus said:

He'll be announced as a WSW player, (provided few remaining details have been sorted) upon his return.

JT is also on leave, so this kind of major announcement is unlikely to be made in his absence

Have you heard anything re: Coaching situation?

59 minutes ago, matty said:

So far we're just going off rumor. I wouldn't throw the club under the bus just yet

I'd like to know the source of this rumour tbh

47 minutes ago, Taurus said:

i remember when klose was about to be announced as a wanderers player, i also remember that german coach who was going to be announced after popa left, i am sure the club will find one way or another to **** this up

2 minutes ago, GoatyMcGoatFace said:

i remember when klose was about to be announced as a wanderers player, i also remember that german coach who was going to be announced after popa left, i am sure the club will find one way or another to **** this up

Didn't we also go through this with Troisi?

1 hour ago, GoatyMcGoatFace said:

Well that's because many WSW fans take rumours as truth. One has to ask where these rumours are actually originating from and if there is any substance behind them.

13 minutes ago, Erebus said:

Well that's because many WSW fans take rumours as truth. One has to ask where these rumours are actually originating from and if there is any substance behind them.

that is true but at the same time there are a few times where we got very close to signing someone and at the last second it didnt happen but that is also very true

2 hours ago, GoatyMcGoatFace said:

Klose was a hoax initiated by Turner, if I recall correctly. Believe it when it's announced, or when Taurus says it.

Edited by FCB

2 hours ago, GoatyMcGoatFace said:

oh we have signed Troisi about 5 times, dont you remember? :P

He played us at least twice. 

9 minutes ago, FCB said:

He played us at least twice. 

that could be true but if so then we were stupid to fall for it a 2nd time, honestly not too unhappy about that i know a lot of people disagree but never hugely rated him i mean he isnt bad but he isnt as good as some people say

1 hour ago, Erebus said:

They originate from the same place that Elrich,Fitzgerald,Kamau and Tongyik signings came from. Gremio

3 hours ago, spectacular291 said:

Have you heard anything re: Coaching situation?

Nothing definitive

1 hour ago, WHACKO said:

They originate from the same place that Elrich,Fitzgerald,Kamau and Tongyik signings came from. Gremio

To add to that, I was skeptical until a good mate physically saw him in the office last week. He spent 2 hours in a closed room. High fives all round after he left. Infer from that what you will.

But Gremio's mate seemed to know about the other 4 well in advance. 

If he has indeed gone to Dubai, it may mean he hasn't signed on the dotted line. Or he's just up for a holiday. Who knows

21 minutes ago, Upthehill said:

To add to that, I was skeptical until a good mate physically saw him in the office last week. He spent 2 hours in a closed room. High fives all round after he left. Infer from that what you will.

But Gremio's mate seemed to know about the other 4 well in advance. 

If he has indeed gone to Dubai, it may mean he hasn't signed on the dotted line. Or he's just up for a holiday. Who knows

My mate is very good at these rumours he even told two weeks before Neymar moved to Paris that Neymar is going to PSG and it happened anyway he a good mate and he has mate that are club officials at WSW so he knows a lot of people. leroy has gone to Dubai to meet wife and then he will fly to the Netherlands to meet his son and stuff then comeback to Australia via Sydney and he will be announced as WSW player. Also you can call me the Grêmio aka "the Brazilian salesman" :xnod: