Squad Development 2018/19 Part 1

5 minutes ago, RedBlackOle said:

So Honda to Melbourne Victory seems like it's really on. Why is this not us?

There may be reasonable explanations - i.e. they have Berisha cash ready to be reinvested, they are playing ACL - but I wanted Keisuke, dammit!

We’re spending 2m (or was it 1.5?) a season on riera. The board won’t fork out another contract like that.

46 minutes ago, mack said:

I get the feeling the owners are in a holding pattern until the new stadium.

They just brought a former German international (as player) and bundesliga manager in, that’s not a holding pattern. Nor was the money they lashed on Cejudo  and Reira.

if they had appointed Okon (or tolerated another season of process) that would have been a holding pattern

Edited by StringerBellend
6 minutes ago, StringerBellend said:

They just brought a former German international (as player) and bundesliga manager in, that’s not a holding pattern. Nor was the money they lashed on Cejudo  and Reira.

We will get a better idea of where we are and the style of play the new manager will employ when we play the FFA Cup in Darwin.Basically a wait and see thing.

I'm not too upset we have conceded goals in trials or haven't made any "big name " signings. If whoever they buy ( if anyone at all ) perform on the pitch then that is what you want. (Without wanting to rehash old debates, my biggest bugbear from last season was the lack of intensity and passion at times from the players.) 

4 minutes ago, sonar said:

We will get a better idea of where we are and the style of play the new manager will employ when we play the FFA Cup in Darwin.Basically a wait and see thing.

I'm not too upset we have conceded goals in trials or haven't made any "big name " signings. If whoever they buy ( if anyone at all ) perform on the pitch then that is what you want. (Without wanting to rehash old debates, my biggest bugbear from last season was the lack of intensity and passion at times from the players.) 

So far they have had a couple of glorified training sessions behind close doors so who the hell knows, as for no big name signings it’s still July I doubt we’ll see the big foreign signings for a few more weeks.

15 hours ago, RedBlackOle said:

So Honda to Melbourne Victory seems like it's really on. Why is this not us?

There may be reasonable explanations - i.e. they have Berisha cash ready to be reinvested, they are playing ACL - but I wanted Keisuke, dammit!

Well, looks like we've missed out on Honda. Maybe we can look at one of these?

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/christian-skoda/profil/spieler/107901

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/koji-suzuki/profil/spieler/213283

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/nicola-ferrari/profil/spieler/139564

22 minutes ago, wswtragic said:

Wow, you have certainly dug deep to come up with these guys.  On what criteria did you make the selection?

1 hour ago, wswtragic said:

No random YouTube car compilations? For shame

8 minutes ago, Sime11 said:

plane ticket said Frankfurt if that helps anyone :P

Was that a jar of peanut butter I saw being packed?  Maybe that is a clue.

• mack locked this topic