Squad Development 2018/19 Part 1

8 minutes ago, beatsurrender said:

AON would be better actually. Because, just say, NRMA, being a local company, do at least hear the garbage sprouted by Jones and Hadley et al well AON wouldn't even raise an eyebrow to what these muppets would say. 

I had heard through the grapevine that a global was interested to boost their domestic brand exposure. Think they paid $240m for rights at man u.

5 minutes ago, Upthehill said:

They will know about it. Marketing decisions are made regionally

Yeah but when Hadley goes off on a "NRMA need to look at who they are sponsoring etc" diatribe, he knows that NRMA is a much known brand to his listeners, putting 'AON' in there instead of 'NRMA' just wouldn't have the same impact because most listeners would be "Uh, who.. whatever.."

1 hour ago, Upthehill said:

To be clear, NRMA didn’t just walk out on the deal. They tried to use the issues to leverage a smaller deal. AON came knocking with something new, then the NRMA wanted to extend. 

The RBB didn’t lose us anything

oh don't get me wrong, I don't believe for a second that the RBB "lost" us the NRMA deal.

That was just the public narrative to make RBB the bad guys as always.

Your scenario is interesting.

42 minutes ago, beatsurrender said:

Yeah but when Hadley goes off on a "NRMA need to look at who they are sponsoring etc" diatribe, he knows that NRMA is a much known brand to his listeners, putting 'AON' in there instead of 'NRMA' just wouldn't have the same impact because most listeners would be "Uh, who.. whatever.."

So inadvertantly Hadley could have done us a favour if the AON sponsorship is a better deal. Sweet !!!

2 hours ago, Erebus said:

oh don't get me wrong, I don't believe for a second that the RBB "lost" us the NRMA deal.

That was just the public narrative to make RBB the bad guys as always.

Your scenario is interesting.

Sorry, I wasn’t trying to argue with you. I meant to reinforce your point. I just wanted people to be clear on what actually happened here. The NRMA did NOT get the outcome they were expecting. They were expecting to be the knight in shining armour.

This deal isn’t done yet but it will be if AON gets its way around some naming rights I believe. No clue on what it is they want named

15 minutes ago, Upthehill said:

Sorry, I wasn’t trying to argue with you. I meant to reinforce your point. I just wanted people to be clear on what actually happened here. The NRMA did NOT get the outcome they were expecting. They were expecting to be the knight in shining armour.

This deal isn’t done yet but it will be if AON gets its way around some naming rights I believe. No clue on what it is they want named

They can claim the title 'Aon Western Sydney Wanderers' 

Or 

Aon Stadium? 

16 hours ago, mack said:

The company that sponsors Manchester United.

How come they aren't sponsoring the Manchester United of Asia?

So back to white shorts, black socks and more red in the jersey.  Yes please.

Or we do what Nix, Smurfs, and Perth are doing: take the time to get the right coach. It's mid May, not the end of September.

Last year Joyce and Kurz were appointed in June, Merrick in May. It takes longer to find an overseas manager who is willing to relocate to Australia.

Club wants to have this sorted at the end of May.

1 hour ago, GoatyMcGoatFace said:

i got a perfect idea, we sign a team worth of players but only sign a coach one day before the season starts(give him a 5 year contract) and when we dont make the finals we fire him.......its going to work

Coach should be able to takeover at half-time in Round 27 and make the finals and if he doesn't he's a failure.

2 hours ago, GoatyMcGoatFace said:

i got a perfect idea, we sign a team worth of players but only sign a coach one day before the season starts(give him a 5 year contract) and when we dont make the finals we fire him.......its going to work

Better we get the right guy, than rush and get the wrong one. We have the worlds longest offseason to get this right and you don’t with the comp in the first round 

22 minutes ago, StringerBellend said:

Better we get the right guy, than rush and get the wrong one. We have the worlds longest offseason to get this right and you don’t with the comp in the first round 

that is what i said to be fair get him the day before the season starts

16 minutes ago, GoatyMcGoatFace said:

that is what i said to be fair get him the day before the season starts

Yes, you did You also had then had the not making finals bit too..

41 minutes ago, GoatyMcGoatFace said:

the club is trying to sell memberships before we have a coach........you can see where their focus is

You know there a multiple teams in corporate that do different jobs yeah? The memberships and marketing teams don’t down tools and watch the executive team work whilst they look for a coach.

The club having a healthy revenue stream is a good thing, not something to gripe about

7 minutes ago, Upthehill said:

You know there a multiple teams in corporate that do different jobs yeah? The memberships and marketing teams don’t down tools and watch the executive team work whilst they look for a coach.

The club having a healthy revenue stream is a good thing, not something to gripe about

well obviously but at least wait till a coach is signed before trying to sell us garbage

1 hour ago, GoatyMcGoatFace said:

the club is trying to sell memberships before we have a coach........you can see where their focus is

New coach is supposed to be announced before the end of the month. Membership for 2018/19 kicks in June 1st. Those who don't like the name, look, or resume of the the new manager will have time to opt out.

Not every player is suited to every coaching style. I think Bonevacia can be a beast perhaps with the new coach.

A guy who turned it on for the Dutch youth national team and Ajax can surely find his mojo under the right coach.

I have faith in him.

• mack locked this topic