Squad Development 2018/19 Part 1

With the stop to further player moverments, we can only speculate on some positions

Tyson gone, Backup goalkeeper or Nick Suman

Clisby gone, Elrich in

Thwaite gone, Tongyik in

Herd gone, ? In

Cejudo gone,? In

Rumours of Kamau may remain bith Gombau gone, he may have opted to stay with Heartless.

14 minutes ago, Paul01 said:

With the stop to further player moverments, we can only speculate on some positions

Tyson gone, Backup goalkeeper or Nick Suman

Clisby gone, Elrich in

Thwaite gone, Tongyik in

Herd gone, ? In

Cejudo gone,? In

Rumours of Kamau may remain bith Gombau gone, he may have opted to stay with Heartless.

To my knowledge Kamau, Tongyik, Fitzgerald, Elrich have all been signed already.

I can see it already: if we do well next season then it will be Gombau's achievement...

9 minutes ago, FCB said:

To my knowledge Kamau, Tongyik, Fitzgerald, Elrich have all been signed already.

I can see it already: if we do well next season then it will be Gombau's achievement...

Anything to do with Heartless players wiil depend on tonights result. Go Newy.

Is the club trying to extend the loan deal for Ikonomidis then with no departure announcement. 

Based your knowledge, we have 2 senior spots left, one for a marque visa signing (Asian or Otherwise) and another visa player.

6 minutes ago, Paul01 said:

Is the club trying to extend the loan deal for Ikonomidis then with no departure announcement. 

Based your knowledge, we have 2 senior spots left, one for a marque visa signing (Asian or Otherwise) and another visa player.

I hope Ikonomidis stays. One of the better Gombau decisions.

4 minutes ago, tardotz said:

If we do that , we won't be able to excuse the new coach saying they are not his players.

Exactly....EVERYTHING that goes wrong will be the new managers fault...lol

Edited by sonar

33 minutes ago, Paul01 said:

I believe we are going to sign new foreigners (plural).

The four guys mentioned above haven't been signed to sit on the bench. 

We need a strong CB, a commanding DM, Roly to come good, Baccus senior to get over missing out on big bucks in China, and wingers getting away from fullbacks and whacking the ball in the middle.

The big money will need to be spent on a CB, DM, and a winger. 

Get a manager who coaches, motivates, man manages and is not afraid to throw in youth players when the opportunity arises. 

That'll be the squad for the first 10 rounds or so, prior to the midseason transfer window. 

We haven't lost a westie yet, and signed to instead (Fitzgerald, Elrich). We are starting to get the West back into WSW. 

Edited by FCB
7 minutes ago, tardotz said:

If we do that , we won't be able to excuse the new coach saying they are not his players.

yea but this coach will actually have a pre season with our team, he will actually have time to maybe sign some of his own players the board was just correcting popa's terrible decisions, gombau corrected a few of his terrible decisions with the removal of a few **** players and now the board is doing some good work removing more of popa's duds and hopefully we will sign a coach very soon who will undo more of popa's shitty decisions and eventually his stink will be removed from the club one dud at a time

milk_duds_12ct.jpg

16 minutes ago, GoatyMcGoatFace said:

yea but this coach will actually have a pre season with our team, he will actually have time to maybe sign some of his own players the board was just correcting popa's terrible decisions, gombau corrected a few of his terrible decisions with the removal of a few **** players and now the board is doing some good work removing more of popa's duds and hopefully we will sign a coach very soon who will undo more of popa's shitty decisions and eventually his stink will be removed from the club one dud at a time

milk_duds_12ct.jpg

Have to respectfully disagree goat. Popa wasn't a dud...quite a few of his signings were though.lol His squads did reach 3 GF's and win the ACL. The problem for him was tactical decisions. He didn't adapt. That's why we didn't/don't beat ESFC/Victory. They knew what his tactics were going to be and they countered them.

v ESFC won 4 lost 9 drawn 5

V Victory won 4 lost 10 drawn 4

1 minute ago, sonar said:

Have to respectfully disagree goat. Popa wasn't a dud...quite a few of his signings were though.lol His squads did reach 3 GF's and win the ACL. The problem for him was tactical decisions. He didn't adapt. That's why we didn't/don't beat ESFC/Victory. They knew what his tactics were going to be and they countered them.

v ESFC won 4 lost 9 drawn 5

V Victory won 4 lost 10 drawn 4

my bad perhaps i didnt express myself very well but popa was no dud but about 80% of his signings were, he was a good enough coach in every other aspect to make it work, he also didnt adapt very well but he was still an amazing coach who just didnt want to sign good players and sure he signed a few but so many terrible players

1 hour ago, FCB said:

And if we don’t can I keep saying the (insert manager here) needs his own squad?

39 minutes ago, FCB said:

I believe we are going to sign new foreigners (plural).

The four guys mentioned above haven't been signed to sit on the bench. 

We need a strong CB, a commanding DM, Roly to come good, Baccus senior to get over missing out on big bucks in China, and wingers getting away from fullbacks and whacking the ball in the middle.

The big money will need to be spent on a CB, DM, and a winger. 

Get a manager who coaches, motivates, man manages and is not afraid to throw in youth players when the opportunity arises. 

That'll be the squad for the first 10 rounds or so, prior to the midseason transfer window. 

We haven't lost a westie yet, and signed to instead (Fitzgerald, Elrich). We are starting to get the West back into WSW. 

If all of Fitzgerald, Kamau, tongyik and Elrich are in starting XI then that’s pretty underwhelming 

none of them would get into Smurf’s, victory or city starting line up. 

Have a look at quality of ninkovic and Adrian that’s what we need not Fitzgerald 

4 minutes ago, GoatyMcGoatFace said:

the issue is the new coach will have 90% of the squad as his, gombau had like 2 players, completely different

I wasnt entirely serious but It won’t be 90% particularly if we have already signed the Melbourne city bench  

Just now, GrEmIoWaNdErEr said:

Kamau is u drew helming the rest are good fitzy is like a energy ball that guy is crazy fast and is a player who I like because simply he has everything but is playing at a wrong club if he has more game time he would be up there with Adrian and ninkovic  he good just needs game time and he will come out of his shell I've seen what he and tongyik can do 

They are decent enough signings but aren’t even close to same class as Adrian

2 minutes ago, StringerBellend said:

I wasnt entirely serious but It won’t be 90% particularly if we have already signed the Melbourne city bench  

that is very true, lets be honest we dont know much until we know our coach, we dont know how we are going to play ect so until we know we just kinda have to guess

33 minutes ago, StringerBellend said:

If all of Fitzgerald, Kamau, tongyik and Elrich are in starting XI then that’s pretty underwhelming 

none of them would get into Smurf’s, victory or city starting line up. 

Have a look at quality of ninkovic and Adrian that’s what we need not Fitzgerald 

Maybe they have a get out clause, no Gombau and they become free agents.:woah:

21 minutes ago, GrEmIoWaNdErEr said:

Who'd changed it come on I swear it said western Sydney Wanderers I swear on the life of my cousin 

Wiki changes all the time mate.I would wait and see who the club announces...then you know it is right. As much as the interweb is good for information a lot is rumour, clickbait, or just plain rubbish.

1 hour ago, StringerBellend said:

They are decent enough signings but aren’t even close to same class as Adrian

It’s not really fair to compare domestic players to foreign marquee players though.

At least wait until we sign our Cejudo replacement before you complain that he isn’t as good as Ninkovic or Adrian.

7 minutes ago, Davo said:

It’s not really fair to compare domestic players to foreign marquee players though.

At least wait until we sign our Cejudo replacement before you complain that he isn’t as good as Ninkovic or Adrian.

To be fair It was in response to Grems stating that give Fitzgerald game time and he will be Adrian.. he won’t 

you’re  right he’s a decent a league local player 

• mack locked this topic