Squad Development 2018/19 Part 1

On 13/10/2018 at 9:06 PM, dcrow said:

His contract to the end of this year with his club. So maybe, next year.

https://www.transfermarkt.com/bastian-schweinsteiger/profil/spieler/2514

His contract expires at the end of the year but the MLS runs March to November and  his team only has 2 more games left so he could easily be here early November and match fit . 

Chicago have had a poor season this year so they are unlikely to give him another year on big money at his age . 

Welcome Bastian. 

1 minute ago, TheSweeper said:

His contract expires at the end of the year but the MLS runs March to November and  his team only has 2 more games left so he could easily be here early November and match fit . 

Chicago have had a poor season this year so they are unlikely to give him another year on big money at his age . 

Welcome Bastian. 

I think this is way out there as far as dreams go, by it would be sensational.

Polanski would be very very nice on paper. Also a very very good injury history. 76 in fifa for those you care haha. Was keeping fit with Gladbach's under 23's by the sounds of it too.
 Going off highlights looks to be dangerous when he makes late runs in the box, good long range shot too. From the crappy footage i did find he is aggressive but slow which isnt the end of the world. His all round touch doesn't set the world on fire though. 

Looks good overall, would be happy, him on a decent price marquee spot is decent but i wouldn't say hes "marquee worthy". But thats more because of our squad management of late.

Edited by DeeDee
12 minutes ago, Paul01 said:

Well I just saw the predicted finish for our team this season by The World Game. 9th.

When did Tom Smithies join ABC?

Spoiler

it's probably right

Actually though it's ridiculous that they put the Mariners ahead of us and Newcastle.

They've made two good signings (Oar & McCormack) but the rest of the squad is the same type of hot garbage from last year plus Matt Simon.

The defence is just as poor, their midfield is still going to be reliant on Michael McGlinchey, they've signed a few players made out of glass (Gamiero & Aspro) and they lost De Silva to the Smurfs.

4 hours ago, FCB said:

Talking about Hawks' unsubstantiated rumours does not substantiate them. Turner's tale of Klose might serve as a reminder. Saying that: wishful thinking scenarios tend to be a lot more fun than the harsh realities.

I remember that he got emotionally when people started questioning his sources which I still think was ray gatt or someone lol 

4 hours ago, mack said:

Reveal hidden contents

it's probably right

Actually though it's ridiculous that they put the Mariners ahead of us and Newcastle.

They've made two good signings (Oar & McCormack) but the rest of the squad is the same type of hot garbage from last year plus Matt Simon.

The defence is just as poor, their midfield is still going to be reliant on Michael McGlinchey, they've signed a few players made out of glass (Gamiero & Aspro) and they lost De Silva to the Smurfs.

Outside of victory, sydney and Perth I think anybody can finish between 4th and 10th. 

18 hours ago, mack said:

Reveal hidden contents

it's probably right

I must admit I was surprised at us being 9th but in all honesty, from what we have see so far, we haven't really moved forwards compared to last season have we, whereas the sauce bottles have recruited proven A league quality players (I don't include MCglinchy in this, he is past it). Not sure how they had the Jets down to 8th though - that was the really stand out statement for me.

On 15/10/2018 at 11:38 AM, TheSweeper said:

Welcome Bastian. 

Yeah but can he win the World Cup at WSW like he can with Chicago?

4 hours ago, DeeDee said:

Sooooooo, anyone care to feed this Marquee "expect news midweek" rumour? Im getting some serious withdrawals.... 

Sorry DeeDee, this is the best I can do until Mack or Taurus feed us something real

EDEN Hazard wants to quit Chelsea for A-League.

The Belgium star told reporters after beating England to third spot in the World Cup that he is ready to leave and had a new club in mind.

INSTRUMENTAL STAR’S ICONIC CONTRIBUTION FOR HIS COUNTRY

Real Madrid have categorically ruled out moves for Neymar and Kylian Mbappe but the former Lille man is not interested, preferring a move to Western Sydney Wanderers in Australia’s A-League.

Hazard said: “After six wonderful years at Chelsea it might be time to discover something different, and Western Sydney was a different as I could come up with. The opportunity to play alongside superstars like Josh Sotirio and Kearyn Baccas is way too big an incentive to pass up on”.

The only downside was that he won't get to play under Josep Gombau whom he's looked up to his whole playing career.

12 hours ago, Jefski said:

Sorry DeeDee, this is the best I can do until Mack or Taurus feed us something real

EDEN Hazard wants to quit Chelsea for A-League.

The Belgium star told reporters after beating England to third spot in the World Cup that he is ready to leave and had a new club in mind.

INSTRUMENTAL STAR’S ICONIC CONTRIBUTION FOR HIS COUNTRY

Real Madrid have categorically ruled out moves for Neymar and Kylian Mbappe but the former Lille man is not interested, preferring a move to Western Sydney Wanderers in Australia’s A-League.

Hazard said: “After six wonderful years at Chelsea it might be time to discover something different, and Western Sydney was a different as I could come up with. The opportunity to play alongside superstars like Josh Sotirio and Kearyn Baccas is way too big an incentive to pass up on”.

The only downside was that he won't get to play under Josep Gombau whom he's looked up to his whole playing career.

Source?

On 15/10/2018 at 1:47 PM, FCB said:

Talking about Hawks' unsubstantiated rumours does not substantiate them. Turner's tale of Klose might serve as a reminder. Saying that: wishful thinking scenarios tend to be a lot more fun than the harsh realities.

Some of it is wishful thinking but most of it comes from the triangulation method of multiple sources reporting a similar thing.

I've seen multiple sources commenting that we are about to sign a big addition to the midfield.

35 minutes ago, hawks2767 said:

Some of it is wishful thinking but most of it comes from the triangulation method of multiple sources reporting a similar thing.

I've seen multiple sources commenting that we are about to sign a big addition to the midfield.

I thought you got all your intel from Gremio!

• mack locked this topic