mack

Squad Development 2018/19 Part 1

O'Rourke on remaining $1m in marquee fund:

“We’re currently still working with one club who may be able to get a marquee now as it is an uncontracted player. It’s in very early stages."

Sooooooo, anyone care to feed this Marquee "expect news midweek" rumour? Im getting some serious withdrawals.... 

NOT SURE IF ITS BEEN MENTIONED BEFORE BUT I HEARD A RUMOUR WSW ARE TRYING TO SIGN THE CAPTAIN OF ONE OF THE SIDES IN THE 2018 WORLD CUP 

(I’ll let you guess which one)

1 minute ago, Liv said:

Sooooooo, anyone care to feed this Marquee "expect news midweek" rumour? Im getting some serious withdrawals.... 

NOT SURE IF ITS BEEN MENTIONED BEFORE BUT I HEARD A RUMOUR WSW ARE TRYING TO SIGN THE CAPTAIN OF ONE OF THE SIDES IN THE 2018 WORLD CUP 

Jedinak on loan?

1 minute ago, Liv said:

Does he take lots of penalties?

That’s the one, not sure about details but I’m guessing the ffa would be willing to chip in

2 minutes ago, Liv said:

Welcome Mile Jedinak!    :P

Just a rumour at this stage. Don’t want to get people’s hopes up too much. 

Would certainly fit the bill though. DM , He’s a westie and would probably take over as captain 

17 minutes ago, Liv said:

Harry Kane?

17 minutes ago, Liv said:

World Cup captain? We have a manager with links to Bayern?

Welcome to Western Sydney Robert Lewandowski (unless it's Neuer to replace Nizic as backup keeper).

TBH am a little underwhelmed if it is...

edit: Jedinak not Lewandowski or Neuer!

Edited by JackDoff

1 minute ago, JackDoff said:

TBH am a little underwhelmed if it is...

Jedi would be a great defensive mid in the HAL. Offer plenty from setpieces too..  and from corners in the air

Just now, beatsurrender said:

Jedi would be a great defensive mid in the HAL. Offer plenty from setpieces too..  and from corners in the air

Don't forget to mention that beautiful beard. Could throw off defenders when he's jumping in the air.

3 minutes ago, beatsurrender said:

After we conceded off the free kick in the last derby I remember wondering whether we've had a proper threat from set pieces in our squad since Shinji.

Be nice to hope for more than a corner when we get a free kick on the edge of the box.

14 minutes ago, Davo said:

After we conceded off the free kick in the last derby I remember wondering whether we've had a proper threat from set pieces in our squad since Shinji.

Be nice to hope for more than a corner when we get a free kick on the edge of the box.

Romeo... semi v Brissy but yes it's slim pickings

25 minutes ago, Davo said:

9 minutes ago, beatsurrender said:

Don't forget the legendary Shannon Cole!

4 hours ago, beatsurrender said:

Romeo had a great game that night but the wall for the free kick was an absolute disgrace. Didn't Harper's commentary describe is as a sandcastle being knocked over by the tide?

4 hours ago, Edinburgh said:

Don't forget the legendary Shannon Cole!

I had forgotten about Shannon. He could hit a free kick. I miss Shannon.

2 minutes ago, Davo said:

Romeo had a great game that night but the wall for the free kick was an absolute disgrace. Didn't Harper's commentary describe is as a sandcastle being knocked over by the tide?

I had forgotten about Shannon. He could hit a free kick. I miss Shannon.

Remember the one in the derby at parra 

Sexual is the word

6 hours ago, wswnick said:

O'Rourke on remaining $1m in marquee fund:

“We’re currently still working with one club who may be able to get a marquee now as it is an uncontracted player. It’s in very early stages."

5 hours ago, Liv said:

None of the 32 captains is off contract, including Mile.

46 minutes ago, FCB said:

Loan.

22 minutes ago, wswtragic said:

Loan.

O'Rourke talks about an "uncontracted" player, no loan required.

23 minutes ago, wswtragic said:

So who are the 32, for the sake of discussion and a bit of fantasizing?

and there is noting to say these two things are connected. 

Or even that they exist at all...