Squad Development 2018/19 Part 1

the mess we are in now is that we didn't keep some of the younger players from 2-3 years ago under popa. these players would be 23-24 now and seasoned players.  just have to look at  some of the other teams who developed their youngsters.  the turn over of 14-18 players a year is biting us big time right now.

1 minute ago, Tshirt said:

the mess we are in now is that we didn't keep some of the younger players from 2-3 years ago under popa. these players would be 23-24 now and seasoned players.  just have to look at  some of the other teams who developed their youngsters.  the turn over of 14-18 players a year is biting us big time right now.

None of them have gone on to be regular A League players 

On 29/11/2018 at 2:48 PM, StringerBellend said:

Its round 5

next season I’ll worry about next season.

This season we aren’t that far off, we need a dominant Defensive midfielder and an attacking midfielder who scores goals more consistently than the 1 in 7-10 that are current lot score at 

Assuming Ziegler becomes an Aussie by jan we have a foreign marquee spot available to fill one of those 

What sort of bellend? Wrote this?

We are a mile off aren’t we?

3 minutes ago, wendybr said:

Ummm...………..

Deep down, we have eternal optimism...despite the current short term pessimism?  :pardon:

Is it possible to be eternally optimistic and full of black humour at the same time?

Cause I think I’ve managed it. Ten minutes before last night I actually started saying “we’re gonna upset them”. Lol what an idiot

2 minutes ago, btron3000 said:

Is it possible to be eternally optimistic and full of black humour at the same time?

Cause I think I’ve managed it. Ten minutes before last night I actually started saying “we’re gonna upset them”. Lol what an idiot

Black humour goes well with "eternal optimism", I think.

Humour is part of the resilience required to maintain a bit of optimism in difficult times.

35 minutes ago, btron3000 said:

Did you hear the one about the American President?

:lol:

Watch out.

Mack's stomping about with his jack boots on. :angry:

And he isn't showing much appreciation for a sense of humour.

5 minutes ago, Edinburgh said:

'Twas incorrect, now fixed

Fixed is it?

Errr… look again Ed! :lol:

PS This is a thread for the ever-serious football obsessed forumites.

They don't come here to muck around.

Mack'll be even more irritated with our defiance of his "Back on topic" directive. :cheeky:

12 hours ago, sonar said:

We have enough wingers already though I wouldn't put it past our club to sign Trump for the right wing.

Wont helps us at defending free kicks, he still hasn’t managed to put up a wall 

Were 2 spine players off being competitive this season. 

Ziegler is one. A new central midfielder is the other and we need the owners to pony up and get that position shored up. 

We then desperately need consistency with the few experienced players that we do have being on the park. We need Roly, Bridge, Fitzgerald back and on the park more.  We had 2 players in central midfield under the age of 21 and a 20 year old winger with a 23 year old. Our central defence had RB/LB in the heart next to a bloke who desperately needs a consistent partner. Youd have to be a magician to get a result against Victories mob with that much inexperience.

• mack locked this topic