Wellington Phoenix: Season 2018/19

mack

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
43 minutes ago, wendybr said:

Look at how Mark Rudan has got the Nix playing.  :hi:

Was he ever seriously considered as a WSW coach? :cry:

The owners were probably thinking about who they might bring in before finally sacking Gombau, but he would already have been confirming his job at Wellington around the time we sacked Gombau.

Humph!

Well - I'm jealous!

To hear Andrew Durante speak of him, and to hear him interviewed - he just has what it takes, I think, to help a team bond/gel/want to play for him and for each other.

I can't imagine him being abrupt and harsh...lol - purely a guess tho.

But good luck to them...and to him.

• 3 weeks later...

If they can maintain this form and finish the season strongly, makes you wonder whether that will have an impact on the review of their license come seasons end.

Their KPI’s won’t change much but it would seem harsh to the uneducated public for them to be punted whilst in a bit of form. They’ve certainly timed this well. 

It's got nothing to do with #metoo. It's British tabloid trash of an ex-EPL player. It's been their bread and butter for decades. The only thing of note to me is that he couldn't be bothered coming up with individual names so he gave them all the same nickname.

Successful athlete has sex with multiple women, how is this a new development, or new fodder for the British (and international) rags?

28 minutes ago, Carns said:

It's got nothing to do with #metoo. It's British tabloid trash of an ex-EPL player. It's been their bread and butter for decades. The only thing of note to me is that he couldn't be bothered coming up with individual names so he gave them all the same nickname.

Successful athlete has sex with multiple women, how is this a new development, or new fodder for the British (and international) rags?

It has everything to do with the culture surrounding it. 

• 2 months later...
43 minutes ago, wendybr said:

Sad for them. Bit destabilising for his team at  this point in the season??

I'd imagine the squad would've been aware of this for a while. It's been an open secret for months.

If anything it may help them focus on achieving something this season with Rudan moving on? Always tough to say what impact a manager leaving has on the players. I'd imagine Rudan would've been as upfront as he could to his players.