WSW 18/19 & 19/20 Club Thread

Last season MB did not hold back when it came to putting the finger in the wound, and identified a long hit list.

• Conceding too many goals too easily - enter Lopar, Dylan Mc, Jurman, Georgievski, Schwegler. Tick.
  • Team does not know how to defend - see above. Tick.
  • Team lacks quality - so far in this calendar year 16 players have departed the club, and it would be 18 had it not been for Janjetovic's injury and Nizic's contract. The incoming players have all been bang on. Tick.
  • Players are not following instructions - see above. Tick.
  • Too many nice players who lack mongrel - enter Jurman et al. Tick.
  • Not enough self driven players in the squad - Duke, Yeboah, Elrich, Ziegler, Schwegler, Lopar, Majewski, Georgievski, Jurman, Dylan Mc, that's at least ten leaders/role models, with another one to come. Tick.
  • Team is not maintaining structure - new spine of with new imports, with Kaiser Schwegler being the architect. Tick.
  • Team not fit enough to play two games per week - sign an EPL grade conditioning coach. Tick.
  • Only players who want to be at the club and are willing to give 100% are welcome - too early to say, but the signs are good.
  • Not enough players who enjoy scoring goals - Duke, Yeboah were a start to sort that, Adam Majewski and Georgievski embrace it, with the top gun yet to join. Tick.
  • Lack of competition within the player group for match day spots - only Lopar and Schwegler seem certain starters, all others will have to prove themselves in training. Tick.
  • Mentality - the desire and capacity to win every game. Looking at who and what we've signed since January I give this a tick as well.

The starting line up in Rd1 last season was Snake, Risdon, Hamill, Tongyik, Elrich, Mahazi, Baccus, ABJ, Roly, Sotirio, Riera. Less than a year on this sounds and looks like something from a parallel universe.

MB is transforming the club. Once all players are on board at the very least we'll be hard to beat. Opposing teams will dread coming to Bankwest, and it will hurt them playing there.

We are Wanderers again. Finally. The crap has been cut. WSW will win the title.

23 minutes ago, FCB said:

The starting line up in Rd1 last season was Snake, Risdon, Hamill, Tongyik, Elrich, Mahazi, Baccus, ABJ, Roly, Sotirio, Riera. Less than a year on this sounds and looks like something from a parallel universe.

MB is transforming the club. Once all players are on board at the very least we'll be hard to beat. Opposing teams will dread coming to Bankwest, and it will hurt them playing there.

Not bhd

MB If they don't see it.jpg

52 minutes ago, bombagol said:

I like your confidence FCB.

I am being realistic.

We have a BL-grade manager, and an EPL-grade fitness coach.

Starting with Yeboah, all our signings have overseas experience, and hence know what it takes to be a football pro.

Our main man Schwegler played 12 years in a league were Broich, ABJ, and Ono struggled for various reasons, and were Berisha never arrived.

We currently have on the books four Socceroos, three other internationals, two additional quality imports, and Yeboah (who looks feels and plays like another import after his five years in Germany). That'll be 11 quality senior players once the import CF has arrived.

We have a sack full of players who could play, or are playing, for the Olyroos.

11 minutes ago, FCB said:

I am being realistic.

We have a BL-grade manager, and an EPL-grade fitness coach.

Starting with Yeboah, all our signings have overseas experience, and hence know what it takes to be a football pro.

Our main man Schwegler played 12 years in a league were Broich, ABJ, and Ono struggled for various reasons, and were Berisha never arrived.

We currently have on the books four Socceroos, three other internationals, two additional quality imports, and Yeboah (who looks feels and plays like another import after his five years in Germany). That'll be 11 quality senior players once the import CF has arrived.

We have a sack full of players who could play, or are playing, for the Olyroos.

Like the insight into the Development of the squad and comparing it to the BL. What I saw live at Campbelltown was Schwegler controlling the midfield who partnered well with Baccus both with pinpoint FORWARD passes. The team without the ball hunted in packs to get the ball back. And many of the goals were caused by pressure with Adam and Yeboah running toward goal with the intent of getting into free space. MB and JP and the coaching staff have worked hard on team structure and cohesion. It will be interesting to see how we match up against Heartle$$

atm we have 3 Olyroos plus those that played in the U19 NT who not been selected due to Heartle$$ players considered to be better.

fwiw Heartle$$ and Melb Victory NPL team have been relegated from NPL2 to NPL3

On 07/09/2019 at 9:57 AM, Taurus said:

How do you think it's going thus far Matty?

I sense a different vibe around the place & the way we're being accepted into the mainstream, rather than being considered as outsiders 

So far? Good, the clubs communication has improved. I would LOVE for it to continue. 

For me the litmus test will be when fans inevitably do something wrong and the media starts to lay a boot in. If the club sticks up for the 99% of awesome fans, I'll be won over 👍

Oh my, JT has completely lost it 

I suspect some will have been waiting for this moment for some time and no doubt there will be some interesting comments. But, delighted and honoured to be handed this today. Really feel part of the ⁦ ⁩ team. From board all the way down they are great people.

5:16 PM · Sep 10, 2019·Twitter for iPhone
On 07/09/2019 at 11:37 AM, FCB said:

With the combination of a full betting account after the best Saturday on the punt in a long time and your confidence I just put a substantial amount on us to win the comp before the odds shrink when we win the FFA Cup!! 

11 minutes ago, scarcev said:

With the combination of a full betting account after the best Saturday on the punt in a long time and your confidence I just put a substantial amount on us to win the comp before the odds shrink when we win the FFA Cup!! 

Check out the Bet Responsibly thread in the Off Topic forum 

https://www.westsydneyfootball.com/forums/topic/7772-bet-responsibly-punting-thread/

3 hours ago, scarcev said:

Beteasy are rather careless offering 1/16 f wsw winning the minor premiership. I trust that they will finance a 16 day cruise for two from hawaii to sydney via new Zealand next year. 

If we consider ziegler as a semi new signing, apart from kamau, our defence has been totally revamped. Put schwegler in front of that = title winning defence. 

51 minutes ago, FCB said:

Beteasy are rather careless offering 1/16 f wsw winning the minor premiership. I trust that they will finance a 16 day cruise for two from hawaii to sydney via new Zealand next year. 

If we consider ziegler as a semi new signing, apart from kamau, our defence has been totally revamped. Put schwegler in front of that = title winning defence. 

They were careless, we've firmed to $9 with BE. 

Vegas here we come

32 minutes ago, Santii said:

Hola a todos, soy argentino no entiendo mucho de ingles pero voy a limitarme a leer, desde ya muchas gracias

Translated to English 

Hello everyone, I am Argentine I do not understand much English but I will limit myself to reading, thank you very much

Me intereso el equipo porque aqui en sudamerica hay 2 equipos que se llaman "Santiago WANDERERS" (Equipo de Chile) y "Montevideo Wanderers" (Equipo de Uruguay) y fue increible encontrar un equipo en Australia que tambien se llamde WANDERERS.

Yo soy de argentina fan de Boca Juniors, quizas lo conozcan por ser Campeon del mundo en 2000 venciendo al Real Madrid y Milan en 2003.

I am interested in the team because here in South America there are 2 teams called "Santiago WANDERERS" (Team of Chile) and "Montevideo Wanderers" (Team of Uruguay) and it was amazing to find a team in Australia that is also called WANDERERS.

I am from Argentina's Boca Juniors fan, maybe they know him for being World Champion in 2000 beating Real Madrid and Milan in 2003.

5 hours ago, Santii said:

Hola a todos, soy argentino no entiendo mucho de ingles pero voy a limitarme a leer, desde ya muchas gracias

God damn it Santi,

I got excited thinking you were leaking info about a new signing. I couldn't find Google translate quick enough.

Hello everyone, I am Argentine I do not understand much of English but I will limit myself to reading, thank you very much
  • mack locked and unpinned this topic
  • mack unlocked this topic