WSW 18/19 & 19/20 Club Thread

• 3 weeks later...
On 13/09/2019 at 6:20 PM, wendybr said:

Mack can tell you about Gremio...he's long gone,  well and truly.

Why don't you just tell us Wendy instead of being all cryptic?  Last I recall is that he was going back to South American to kill someone or something.

4 minutes ago, Westiesarebesties said:

No he came back after that. He also popped up on inside sport forum briefly, saw his grand announcement of who he was. No idea if he still is there or what

Remember going down to the local park with my son and seeing some dude with a gremio shirt on. Turned to my son and said.... "see that guy over there, don't kick the ball over there unless you want to get stabbed". 

4 hours ago, LeeMarvin said:

Why don't you just tell us Wendy instead of being all cryptic?  Last I recall is that he was going back to South American to kill someone or something.

If my second hand info is correct he has gone back to the favela's of......Perth WA...........:ninja:

:D

On 03/10/2019 at 11:35 AM, LeeMarvin said:

Not sure why Mack hasn't said something.... but my understanding is that he was a troll...a teenager from Perth, I think! :unknw:

Much better THAT, than that he was for real. His stories were ....disturbing.

On 1 October 2019 at 1:20 PM, Jowel said:

Markus Babbel interview on fox football podcast :

https://player.whooshkaa.com/fox-football-podcast?episode=439033

The journos must love MB: they ask a question, and they actually get an answer. 

To hear a guy with an EPL/BL background singing the praises of the club, board, ceo, coaching group is very encouraging. 

Shocking review of the 18/19 squad. We had players who questioned having two training sessions per day in pre season!? MB talked a lot about "mentality". He was too polite: what he meant was a lack of professionalism. 

His assessment of the youth players is interesting: collectively they are not there yet to genuinely challenge the senior players. Lot of hard work ahead of them. 

Sounds like Baccus only stayed because of MB, and will be off to Europe after the season, and good luck to him. 

7 hours ago, FCB said:

The journos must love MB: they ask a question, and they actually get an answer. 

To hear a guy with an EPL/BL background singing the praises of the club, board, ceo, coaching group is very encouraging. 

Shocking review of the 18/19 squad. We had players who questioned having two training sessions per day in pre season!? MB talked a lot about "mentality". He was too polite: what he meant was a lack of professionalism. 

His assessment of the youth players is interesting: collectively they are not there yet to genuinely challenge the senior players. Lot of hard work ahead of them. 

Sounds like Baccus only stayed because of MB, and will be off to Europe after the season, and good luck to him. 

Nice to hear someone that doesn't sugar coat things but is still so likeable 

7 hours ago, FCB said:

The journos must love MB

He always seems to make himself available for interviews on game day etc. as well.  The guy is a real pro ey?   

I think the mix of coaches we have in the A-League this season is the most interesting ever.  I will be fascinated to see how they battle it out.

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone got any thoughts, info etc on how Labi is working with the rest of the coaching staff & players. Had a very solid rep from his time up at Newy & of course we all know how well he did for us on the paddock.

Just wonder if having someone who was part of the club fabric for a few seasons now part of the training set up is helping to address the motivation issues many of the signings during our SOP exile had.

I just listened to the Babbel presser, and he was talking about how it was perhaps more important to bring in players of character than it was bringing in players of quality.

Got me thinking about the coaching selections here. We've had one successful guy in Popa and now it looks like we're gonna have another one in Babbel. At the very least he is bringing back the feeling in the club, what it is about, by bringing in hard working, no bullshit players who connect with the club ethos.

I think this extends to the type of coach that is going to be successful here. Strong personalities themselves who demand the same type of attitude in their players. When Babbel eventually goes this has to be the type of guy we get.

18 hours ago, ManfredSchaefer said:

Anyone got any thoughts, info etc on how Labi is working with the rest of the coaching staff & players. Had a very solid rep from his time up at Newy & of course we all know how well he did for us on the paddock.

Just wonder if having someone who was part of the club fabric for a few seasons now part of the training set up is helping to address the motivation issues many of the signings during our SOP exile had.

At least a couple of players have spoken highly of Labi in interviews.

• mack locked and unpinned this topic
  • mack unlocked this topic