Jump to content
mack

WSW 18/19 & 19/20 Club Thread

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, mack said:

Vedran probably costs too much of our cap for us to want to keep him hanging around.

Yeah hard no on Vedran for me.

Apparently he was the highest paid keeper in the league last season (oh lord).

If we can shed him, fantastic! Even if we could somehow magically shrink his salary, which we can’t, imagine how much he’s going to push the first keeper. And imagine how little of an effort he would put in on a reduced salary.

The reality is at this point, we will either have suman in goals next season or we are going to have to shed one of our higher wage players since his salary will come back under the cap since he won’t be on the injury list any more

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Upthehill said:

The reality is at this point, we will either have suman in goals next season or we are going to have to shed one of our higher wage players since his salary will come back under the cap since he won’t be on the injury list any more

We can always fix that up. Like Don Vitto did, we could make him an offer he won't refuse....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Vedran unless his done some soul searching should be farked off he costs us way too many times 

there is better backup options like Jamie Young and Velhapi in Perth currently sitting doing nothing. Vedran hopefully if he stays doesn’t have to play if a lopar goes down we are ****ed 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, GunnerWanderer said:

Vedran unless his done some soul searching should be farked off he costs us way too many times 

there is better backup options like Jamie Young and Velhapi in Perth currently sitting doing nothing. Vedran hopefully if he stays doesn’t have to play if a lopar goes down we are ****ed 

I’d love to fire him out if a cannon but he’s got at least another year left on his contract (2?). Can’t send him away unless he wants to

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It mind boggles why we signed Nizic...If the kid spends majority of his career in English League Two, you know he isn't worth signing.

As soon he had to be used after Vedran's stupid dive for the ball outside the box, I knew the team was f*cked that night. He isn't A-League material at all, he'll probably end up at some NPL club in January.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, LeeMarvin said:

That is a bit harsh.  I reckon she is pretty good and has certainly improved a lot in the last few years.  Unless I misunderstood and it is Archie doing the giggling?

Poor old Archie. A dribbler on the field, and a bigger dribbler off it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"Sources rsuggest that the MacAurthur Rams are trying to secure the services of Wanderers keeper Vedran Janjetovic, in what would be a major coup for the expansion team rivalling Sydney FC's audacious poaching of former star playmaker Alexander Baumjohann."

 

Edited by LeeMarvin

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, LeeMarvin said:

"Sources rsuggest that the MacAurthur Rams are trying to secure the services of Wanderers keeper Vedran Janjetovic, in what would be a major coup for the expansion team rivalling Sydney FC's audacious poaching of former star playmaker Alexander Baumjohann."

 

*Looks for car keys* I'll drive him there now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, LeeMarvin said:

"Sources rsuggest that the MacAurthur Rams are trying to secure the services of Wanderers keeper Vedran Janjetovic, in what would be a major coup for the expansion team rivalling Sydney FC's audacious poaching of former star playmaker Alexander Baumjohann."

 

Would the "sources" be here on the forum, by any chances? Meaning: pure speculation? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, sonar said:

Vedran : "WTF are all these cars doing lined up outside my house...?"

I'll post a longer response when I stop laughing, maybe tomorrow.....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, FCB said:

Meaning: pure speculation?

Just planting the seed and seeing if it grows ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, sonar said:

Vedran : "WTF are all these cars doing lined up outside my house...?"

I guess our membership key will come in handy after all 🔑

 

To be fair to ved, hopefully he is learning from lopar and moves on a better keeper, he will bounce back with a fresh start just like reddy/redman etc 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, MathyouWSW said:

It mind boggles why we signed Nizic...If the kid spends majority of his career in English League Two, you know he isn't worth signing.

As soon he had to be used after Vedran's stupid dive for the ball outside the box, I knew the team was f*cked that night. He isn't A-League material at all, he'll probably end up at some NPL club in January.

Nizic: the assumption was that someone who can score contracts and train with championship and league one sides can be a HAL backup GK. Apparently that is not the case. 

Snake was plagued by pelvis and shoulder issues all of last season, played with pain killer at times. We'll never know to what extent that affected his decision making. But even when fully fit, with Lopar ahead of him, at best he is an overpriced backup GK. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So we're up coming to Round 4 v Roar and Round 5 v Fraudsters.

If the team can win both games we will be on 15 points with at least a 3 point gap to the Smurfs.

R6 is the bye with no points followed by the R7 Friday night home game against Heartle$$. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Paul01 said:

So we're up coming to Round 4 v Roar and Round 5 v Fraudsters.

If the team can win both games we will be on 15 points with at least a 3 point gap to the Smurfs.

R6 is the bye with no points followed by the R7 Friday night home game against Heartle$$. 

Round 6 is going to be tough for the boys.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, THEWANDERERSPOST said:

agreed, don't think we will pick up any points here unfortunately. 

Depends on the other results!!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Edinburgh said:

Depends on the other results!!!!

No matter the results of R6 we aren't getting points here ;)

Edited by THEWANDERERSPOST

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Davo said:

 

Scheisse...was there at training today with Taurus and failed to spot this.

Was good to have a warm Tuesday morning session out at WSW HQ. Lots of work going on re the next stage of the complex, saw most of the lads having a run etc. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, THEWANDERERSPOST said:

agreed, don't think we will pick up any points here unfortunately. 

Neither do Perth and the Nix. Also, the Smurfs have deferred their R6 Blue against the Vuck due to international commitments

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Davo said:

 

Is the top of the S the head of a snake?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As per the comments re Hamill in the Western United thread, & with the squad development threads for this season closed, thought a 'clean out' report might be instructive: Obviously things can change but generally speaking those who have been moved on by Babbel since the end of last season have rarely done better at their new clubs. Most are stagnating or going backwards.

  • Josh Risdon: Now at Tarnheit O/35s & generally doing well. Showing far more commitment & quality than we ever saw of him.
  • Alex Baumjohann: Hasn't played a full game yet for the smurfs, has had 1 assist, & from the ESFC point of view must be seen as a disappointment. Doing what we knew he does...i.e. SFA
  • Oriol Riera: Biscuits has played 10 games for Spanish 2nd division club CF Fuenlabrada but has only had about a third of possible game time, and no goal, one assist. Going backwards
  • Roly Bonavacia: Doing pretty well it has to be said at Al Faisaly in Saudi...7 games and 2 goals with lots of time on field.
  • Raul Llorente: According to Transfermrkt still without a club. Surprised at that news
  • Jaush Sotirio: Getting plenty of game time at the Nux & has had an assist, but the club is down the bottom with nil wins & it'll be a challenge for him to keep his spot going forward.
  • Abraham Majok: Came on as a sub against us & has done nothing for Dynamo Woy Woy
  • Mark Tokich: As per Llorente, recorded by Transfermarkt as without a club
  • Rashid Mahazi: Now at Incheon FC in the K-league and doing ok...9 games played, a goal, on field for about 2/3 of all available match time. 
  • John Roberts: Joined Dynamo Woy Woy but nothing happening yet
  • Giancarlo Gallifuoco: Another member of our Central Coast dumping ground. Played a bit but nothing to get tumescent about
  • Brendan Hamill: Hasn't had a run yet for Tarnheit O/35s so certainly a step back from being our captain last season
  • Nick Fitzgerald: Played a bit for Newy but nothing major in terms of achievement

Have to say that of all these only Roly & maybe Mazhi are getting near to meeting expectations. And even they, like the others, have been replaced with better players who have performed better or promise to do so.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, ManfredSchaefer said:

Scheisse...was there at training today with Taurus and failed to spot this.

Was good to have a warm Tuesday morning session out at WSW HQ. Lots of work going on re the next stage of the complex, saw most of the lads having a run etc. 

Has Muller started training? If so how is he looking?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I can't think of an appropriate thread for this. 

A mate is asking if there is a place in the city where Wanderer fans can watch the game if they can't get to Parra. Any suggestions?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Don’t know about the city city but The Botany View in Newtown is showing all

A League games out the back big screen with sound it’s a decent pub too good wise 

I’ll probably check it out for our next away game 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, wswtragic said:

Is the top of the S the head of a snake?

 

Goes with the snake Schwegler had in his back pocket on Saturday.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...