WSW 18/19 & 19/20 Club Thread

5 hours ago, ManfredSchaefer said:

As per the comments re Hamill in the Western United thread, & with the squad development threads for this season closed, thought a 'clean out' report might be instructive: Obviously things can change but generally speaking those who have been moved on by Babbel since the end of last season have rarely done better at their new clubs. Most are stagnating or going backwards.

• Josh Risdon: Now at Tarnheit O/35s & generally doing well. Showing far more commitment & quality than we ever saw of him.
  • Alex Baumjohann: Hasn't played a full game yet for the smurfs, has had 1 assist, & from the ESFC point of view must be seen as a disappointment. Doing what we knew he does...i.e. SFA
  • Oriol Riera: Biscuits has played 10 games for Spanish 2nd division club CF Fuenlabrada but has only had about a third of possible game time, and no goal, one assist. Going backwards
  • Roly Bonavacia: Doing pretty well it has to be said at Al Faisaly in Saudi...7 games and 2 goals with lots of time on field.
  • Raul Llorente: According to Transfermrkt still without a club. Surprised at that news
  • Jaush Sotirio: Getting plenty of game time at the Nux & has had an assist, but the club is down the bottom with nil wins & it'll be a challenge for him to keep his spot going forward.
  • Abraham Majok: Came on as a sub against us & has done nothing for Dynamo Woy Woy
  • Mark Tokich: As per Llorente, recorded by Transfermarkt as without a club
  • Rashid Mahazi: Now at Incheon FC in the K-league and doing ok...9 games played, a goal, on field for about 2/3 of all available match time. 
  • John Roberts: Joined Dynamo Woy Woy but nothing happening yet
  • Giancarlo Gallifuoco: Another member of our Central Coast dumping ground. Played a bit but nothing to get tumescent about
  • Brendan Hamill: Hasn't had a run yet for Tarnheit O/35s so certainly a step back from being our captain last season
  • Nick Fitzgerald: Played a bit for Newy but nothing major in terms of achievement

Have to say that of all these only Roly & maybe Mazhi are getting near to meeting expectations. And even they, like the others, have been replaced with better players who have performed better or promise to do so.

Three missing in your list: Bridgey, Lachlan Scott, Tongyik.

35 minutes ago, Edinburgh said:

I can't think of an appropriate thread for this. 

A mate is asking if there is a place in the city where Wanderer fans can watch the game if they can't get to Parra. Any suggestions?

Maybe the 24/7 Sports bar at The Star? 
They are sponsors of the smurfs so I know they view their games there but i don't know if they would do the same for any other A-League clubs.

8 hours ago, wswtragic said:

Is the top of the S the head of a snake?

I think it's a Lion and mane.....the lion being on the coat of arms of Bavaria...which I am sure Bavaria is what is written at the top.

1 hour ago, FCB said:

Three missing in your list: Bridgey, Lachlan Scott, Tongyik.

Bridge retired so can'tr really say he was moved on.

Scott went to the Wollongong Wolves and looks to have done okay. 12 goals with a club that won the regular season title only to be dumped out at the semis. Probably found his level now, and hopefully he'll find it in himself to claw his way back into the A-League some day.

Tongyik...a full game for DWW against Maitland in the FFA Cup, then 22 mins the F3 Derby the other week. Hardly setting the world on fire.

16 minutes ago, hawks2767 said:

I'm only a spectator but Tokich always impressed me in the NPL2, he should be back there otherwise he needs to find an NPL club as he isn't ready for the A League.

Earlier today was transferring my recording of our 1-5 loss to Newy at Sydney Olympic Stadium last year and saw Tokich contribute to two penalties that went against us. Contrasted to almost all our young players who have emerged in the Babbel era it's obvious he was not at his appropriate level.

19 hours ago, ManfredSchaefer said:

Earlier today was transferring my recording of our 1-5 loss to Newy at Sydney Olympic Stadium last year and saw Tokich contribute to two penalties that went against us. Contrasted to almost all our young players who have emerged in the Babbel era it's obvious he was not at his appropriate level.

Simon Hill also placed the commentator's curse on him as well. Talked him up and then had that terrible game

• 2 weeks later...
7 hours ago, Paul01 said:

With Duke off to Jordan there should be others who got other flying tin cans.

Any news on who jetted off to China for the Olyroos?

One could assume Keanu and Tass. Anyone else?

And Grozos, here's the team:

Panos ARMENAKAS

Panathinaikos, Greece

Keanu BACCUS

Western Sydney Wanderers FC, Australia

Daniel BOUMAN

SC Cambuur, Netherlands

Jake BRIMMER

Perth Glory FC, Australia

Gabriel CLEUR

U.S. Alessandria, Italy

Thomas DENG

Melbourne Victory, Australia

Zach DUNCAN

AGF Aarhus, Denmark

Ben FOLAMI

Ipswich Town FC, England

Alex GERSBACH

AGF Aarhus, Denmark

Thomas GLOVER (Gk)

Melbourne City FC, Australia

Kosta GROZOS

Jordan HOLMES (Gk)

Ebbsfleet Town, England

Jacob ITALIANO

Borussia Monchengladbach, Germany

Anthony KALIK

HNK Hajduk Split, Croatia

Josh LAWS

Fortuna Dusseldorf II, Germany

Daniel MARGUSH (Gk)

Adelaide United, Australia

Connor METCALFE

Tass MOURDOUKOUTAS

Ramy NAJJARINE

Connor O’TOOLE

Brisbane Roar FC, Australia

Nick PENNINGTON

Olbia Calcio, Italy

Reno PISCOPO

Wellington Phoenix FC, New Zealand

Dylan RYAN

Willem II Tilburg, Netherlands

Al Hassan TOURE

Adelaide United, Australia

Harry VAN DER SAAG

Sydney FC, Australia

Edited by MathyouWSW
18 hours ago, Prydzopolis said:

I saw a similar post on reddit the other day here.

It showed that we have the lowest xG in the league (by a fair way) but have been finishing well so we're outscoring our xG. Our defense is better as we aren't giving away many quality chances but we're also outperforming that, which I'd put down to Lopar.

Upcoming Fixtures

A-league 

R8 A v Jets

R9 A v Nix

R10 A v Perth

R11 H v Fraudsters (Fri 20/12)

R12 A v Adelaide 

R13 H v Roar

R14 A v Nix

R15 H v Perth (Sun 19/01) 6pm 

W-League 

R3 away v Roar 

R4 Away v Melb Victory 

R5 Bye

R6 Home v Smurfs (double header)

R7 Away v Canberra 

R8 Bye

R9 home v Roar (Marconi)

R10 H v Perth (Bankwest) 19/1

Y-league 

R3 home v Mariners 

R4 Away v Smurfs

R5 Away v Jets

R6 bye

R7 Away v Canberra 

R8 Away v Mariners 

R9 Home v Smurfs (Marconi) 18/01 Sat

R10 home v Jets (Marconi)

Weekend of the 18th and 19th January could be a massive weekend, Y-league derby on Saturday night at Marconi at 6pm followed by a double header at Bankwest with the W-League playing Perth at 4pm followed by the A-league team playing Perth at 6pm

28 minutes ago, mack said:

Babbel cited by FFA for post-game response to idiot journo.

I wish they would broadcast it live....it should go something like this.....

FFA : Mr Babbel,you are here to answer questions regarding the press conference given by you after the game on Nov 22 and to give an explanation for the use of profanities......have you anything to say.?

Babbel: FFS. ! Are you serious ?...........do you know anything about football.?

If they say yes they're commiting perjury.

:D

Edited by sonar
  • mack locked and unpinned this topic
  • mack unlocked this topic