WSW 18/19 & 19/20 Club Thread

29 minutes ago, Paul01 said:

Simon Hill on said on the Fox Football Podcast said something twice like Babbel about the penalty scored by Maclaren "never a pen(alty), never a pen(alty)"

And Garb agreed with him.

None of which does is any good, beath and KGJ should be dropped for next week, they won’t 

The FFA has compulsory post game press conferences. The managers attend reluctantly and answer the questions honestly. The managers get fined.

If the FFA doesn't want honest answers don't insist on press conferences. And if they don't want harsh criticism fix what is being criticised, 

Babbel is cited for swearing on TV, in frustration at a question asked, as opposed to swearing directly re the penalty. The Nix player who swore directly re a penalty and VAR, during a post game interview a couple of weeks ago, wasn't cited. Or did I miss that?

8 hours ago, Edinburgh said:

Babbel is cited for swearing on TV, in frustration at a question asked, as opposed to swearing directly re the penalty. The Nix player who swore directly re a penalty and VAR, during a post game interview a couple of weeks ago, wasn't cited. Or did I miss that?

Nix player wasn't cited.

9 hours ago, Edinburgh said:

The FFA has compulsory post game press conferences. The managers attend reluctantly and answer the questions honestly. The managers get fined.

If the FFA doesn't want honest answers don't insist on press conferences. And if they don't want harsh criticism fix what is being criticised, 

Babbel is cited for swearing on TV, in frustration at a question asked, as opposed to swearing directly re the penalty. 

He shoulda just hopped on the bus and taken off.... like the week before, eh?

:lol::lol:

11 minutes ago, tardotz said:

I reckon he should still go to the press conference as that is an agreed commitment.

Then he should only answer yes,no or maybe or he should answer with the same answer to every question regardless of the question. Eg Yes I think we did well but there is always room for improvement 😉

Yep.  Something along the lines of this...............

Reporter: Can you give us your thoughts on the game.? 

Babbel: No.

Reporter: Why not.?

Babbel: I answered your question......next...!

:D

Just now, Paul01 said:

On a different note, we face Newcastle who last season beat us 

2-0 at Spotless 

5-1 at ANZ  

3-2 at Newcastle 

Need a big turnaround both in terms of performance and goals.

This not the same squad as last year tbh but yeah we need a positive result.

13 hours ago, sonar said:

Yep.  Something along the lines of this...............

Reporter: Can you give us your thoughts on the game.? 

Babbel: No.

Reporter: Why not.?

Babbel: I answered your question......next...!

:D

Agreed. Give the ffa exactly the press conference they deserve. 

1 hour ago, Paul01 said:

Seeing there is no squad development thread open, with Nizic gone would Jesse Curran be a good addition? 

https://www.transfermarkt.com/jesse-curran/profil/spieler/296443

From memory we have at least 2 slots available prior to him leaving. We could have fixed the depth issue but we haven’t.

To your question though, I think DM were are sort of OK at DM with Sullivan looking like a decent cover there. AM is still looking a little empty

9 minutes ago, Upthehill said:

From memory we have at least 2 slots available prior to him leaving. We could have fixed the depth issue but we haven’t.

To your question though, I think DM were are sort of OK at DM with Sullivan looking like a decent cover there. AM is still looking a little empty

Is it an issue of having two slots available but no more room in the cap to add more players and with Nizic out and hopefully Verdan to follow it will free some of that cap space to bring in others?

21 minutes ago, MistahCampoy said:

What do you guys think of Holman? Would the Bankstown boy help fill that midfield attacking role even as a squaddie? I didn't mind him at Brissy

ht://www.transfermarkt.com/brett-holman/profil/spieler/21496

He was arguably passed it at Brisbane (injuries and age caught up with him), would have to be minimum wage for any sort of value.

31 minutes ago, MistahCampoy said:

What do you guys think of Holman? Would the Bankstown boy help fill that midfield attacking role even as a squaddie? I didn't mind him at Brissy

ht://www.transfermarkt.com/brett-holman/profil/spieler/21496

Would just be a waste of a signing nevertheless. He would take a month before he is close to ready to play any minutes, let alone any good minutes. There is pretty much no ready made aussies out there. 

Duke - Meier - Yeboah 

Muller 

Bozanic - Shweg 

Wilma - Jurman - DM - DG 

Lopar 

Bench: Vedran,  Ziggy, Elrich, Baccus, Sullivan, Kamau, Adam 

Fully fit, that’s a squad that should be pushing for the title. 

Edited by Beer
  • mack locked and unpinned this topic
  • mack unlocked this topic