WSW 18/19 & 19/20 Club Thread

22 minutes ago, Frankos187 said:

Lots of talk from other teams re-signing players or negotiating with others, who is off contract next year with WSW?

Meier, Kamau, Lopar, Trew, Cordier, Jurman, Duke, Suman, Sullivan, Muller, Schwegler, Majewski, Elrich, Tass, Russell

Bossi is at it again  , now claiming Babbel is trouble with integrity panel for swearing at the Wednesday press conference.

another claim of a source from FFA told him.

what is this hairdryer crap Bossi is on about I wonder if Bossi has been done for drink driving.

he really does deserve the Rebbeca Wilson treatment.

8 hours ago, Keithie said:

Bossi is at it again  , now claiming Babbel is trouble with integrity panel for swearing at the Wednesday press conference.

another claim of a source from FFA told him.

what is this hairdryer crap Bossi is on about I wonder if Bossi has been done for drink driving.

he really does deserve the Rebbeca Wilson treatment.

Bossi's revenge for Babbel calling his journalism "Dogs##t"

Perhaps JT has called the FFA about revoking his accreditation for Wanderers matches. One would think that he won't try and set foot in Wanderers HQ ever again. 

Does anyone know if there is a position such as Head of Football operations or equivalent at the Wanderers?

If there isn't it seems to me it's urgently needed.     Someone with deep football knowledge to report to the board on all football aspects on all the comps the Wanderers compete in.

It seems to me that the Chairman is being led up the garden path a bit in relation to a lot of matters.

Olyroos squad about to be announced for qualifying games 

recent selections from our club Keanu Baccus, Tass Mourdoukoutas, and Kosta , Tate Russell is a possibility.

match 1 is on the 8th January 2020 with the last group stage game on the 14th January.

quarter finals 18 or 19th January 

semifinals on the 22 January 

final on the 26 January 

if our boys are selected they will miss at least

R14 v Nix

R15 v Perth

R16 is a bye for us 

sullivan will have to replace Baccus so Schwegler needs to pick up a yellow against Adelaide and miss the Roar game

2 minutes ago, Paul01 said:

Also, the FFA have kindly moved our away game against CCM in Round 28 from Sunday to Saturday 5pm.

Are the FFA being nice to us? 

No, they are doing it to help the A-league clubs in the ACL.

We'd be happy if they did it for us.

Also, our game has now moved to a more supporter friendly time on a Saturday arvo, rather than a Sunday.

Stop whinging. They've actually done something good for us for a change.

Here's a good read about last night's W-League game. In the last few paragraphs, Heather Garriock says being tough is the Wanderers DNA. I hope the A-league and Y-league read the article. A good assistant coach would post this kind of article in the dressing room before the match or give it to the players for the plane ride.

https://www.canberratimes.com.au/story/6557988/wanderers-too-strong-for-canberra/

This weekend 

A-league team could finish in the top 6 or in 7th spot depending on Fraudsters v Nix game with 14 points.

Next round, a win (please) would put us on 17 points. Adelaide play the Smurfs in Sydney and Fraudsters have a bye.

• 3 weeks later...
31 minutes ago, Paul01 said:

Dave Lewis Alert

The Football Operations Manager is named, Gavin Costello.

Babbel's exit tip of the iceberg at imploding Wanderers https://www.sbs.com.au/babbel-s-exit-tip-of-the-iceberg-at-imploding-wanderers?cid=twgapp:socialshare:copylink

Seems to be a bit of a mystery man, hardly had a mention on this forum.

All I can find out about him is that he's Irish.

• mack locked and unpinned this topic
  • mack unlocked this topic