mack

WSW 18/19 & 19/20 Club Thread

6 minutes ago, Smoggy said:

I suspect WSW has just recruited a new media,events and communications admin officer straight out of Uni then...media and comms grads are special people.

Age limit 21 - 35 lol So that rules out the old and desperate, like those that need this kind of shyte the most.

I wouldn't be f*cking surprised...I went for a job with the club months ago which was the "Corporate Partnerships Coordinator" job and got knocked back immediately cause I didn't have any experience in jobs that was "sports-related" even though I've been working in sales for over 6 years and also did functions coordinator (basically setting up functions) for about 4 years.

Then this type of s*it makes me think "you f*cking serious? did they hire someone with no skills/experience?" as you said before. I can understand if they organised something like this during February or the week Valentines day was on...but it's f*cking March.

I also find it funny about the age limit, obviously they are going to have them on the screen during the pre-match or half-time.  

Pity they didn't do it a couple of seasons ago.....would of saved Unlimited from a world of greif.....:ninja:

:D

I’m actually all for the event, why not? I can’t see what the fuss is over?

I must admit, I ran into a lapsed foundation member the other day. He stayed with the club through SOP (though didn’t attend any games) but once he found out he was in the corner he was pissed. Didn’t renew, was going to charge him to upgrade or something.

Maybe if they did something about those unhappy or something about the football side, say the search for a new head coach then maybe the natives might not be so restless

19 minutes ago, Prydzopolis said:

I’m actually all for the event, why not? I can’t see what the fuss is over?

I must admit, I ran into a lapsed foundation member the other day. He stayed with the club through SOP (though didn’t attend any games) but once he found out he was in the corner he was pissed. Didn’t renew, was going to charge him to upgrade or something.

Maybe if they did something about those unhappy or something about the football side, say the search for a new head coach then maybe the natives might not be so restless

Agree - giving constructive criticism about the on-field performance, squad fitness and recruitment as well as supporting light hearted meet ups are not mutually exclusive

Keep this in mind when those end of season surveys appear

"Aside from the team's performance, do you have any suggestions to boost attendance at games?"

2 hours ago, sonar said:

Pity they didn't do it a couple of seasons ago.....would of saved Unlimited from a world of greif.....:ninja:

:D

Assuming any of the girls there would’ve liked me :( 

Me and my like 0.35% match rate on Tinder

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, pseudonym said:

"Aside from the team's performance, do you have any suggestions to boost attendance at games?"

Over the years, I reckon there has been loads of suggestions to the club re this question. Many of them sensible, mostly from football passionate people who actually understand the game and its culture and many from the RBB fighting for the rights of active support..

I guess, with the crowds we are now getting, most suggestions have gone by and been ignored.

I really feel sad that what we once had has now been eroded to the point of almost no return.

Can we ever return to scenes like this? It makes me so sad that these vids just seem like distant memories.

And this,...…………..

Probably my most favorite moment of A-League tv commentary ever, from Simon Hill.

"This ladies and gentleman, is football". 

While we are singing "**** the Victory". 

I am so saddened that Gallop/Lowy et-al, and our beloved club have dropped the ball so badly since these heady days.

Edited by Wanderboy

This Ladies & Gentlemen is football

Not Bhd

Posted (edited)
27 minutes ago, Wanderboy said:

Can we ever return to scenes like this? It makes me so sad that these vids just seem like distant memories.

Makes me sad also, those events and games put down life markers, my son has gone from kindy to just starting high school with WSW landmarks dispersed between. I know before the Newcastle game where we won the plate I was down at the toddlers sea pool with the lad playing with buckets and spades and making sand castles before the game, but we are all hooligans right lol I just don't think they will ever really get it in this country and I don't think they want to.

Just be glad you were there to experience them and hope the good times return on the pitch at least.

Edited by Smoggy

7 minutes ago, Smoggy said:

Makes me sad also, those events and games put down life markers, my son has gone from kindy to just starting high school with WSW landmarks dispersed between. I know before the Newcastle game where we won the plate I was down at the toddlers sea pool with the lad playing with buckets and spades and making sand castles before the game, but we are all hooligans right lol I just don't think they will ever really get it in this country and I don't think they want to.

Just be glad you were there to experience them and hope the good times return on the pitch at least.

When you look back you have to ask why were we so happy as a fan base , and why the policing was mainly a side issue. ....for me it was.

For me it's simple. Results On The Pitch. We wanted to be there, not miss anything, celebrate together , then look forward to the next game. We had a team to cheer for.

Since the end of the season in our last GF appearace we have basically been shyte on the pitch. Popa's last season didn't inspire....a GF team gutted and left a hollow shell...we barely made the six....policing/security was over zealous ........the fans getting frustrated and turning away.

The debacles of Gombau and Babbel where the standard of play has fallen even lower....and we are where we are now.

I'm convinced the policing issues will not unfortunately go away. The cops away from Parra want their fun at our expense. I don't know what the solution is.

The club does have it in their power to put a team on the pitch that can unite fans and want them to go and watch, like the early days......the problem is they're taking too long to do it.

6 hours ago, StringerBellend said:

Sexual football? 

:fool:

7 hours ago, Smoggy said:

Wonder when Wendy will be along to tell us all we are old cynical miserable chunts.

Nope! :P

3 hours ago, sonar said:

When you look back you have to ask why were we so happy as a fan base , and why the policing was mainly a side issue. ....for me it was.

For me it's simple. Results On The Pitch. We wanted to be there, not miss anything, celebrate together , then look forward to the next game. We had a team to cheer for.

Since the end of the season in our last GF appearace we have basically been shyte on the pitch. Popa's last season didn't inspire....a GF team gutted and left a hollow shell...we barely made the six....policing/security was over zealous ........the fans getting frustrated and turning away.

The debacles of Gombau and Babbel where the standard of play has fallen even lower....and we are where we are now.

I'm convinced the policing issues will not unfortunately go away. The cops away from Parra want their fun at our expense. I don't know what the solution is.

The club does have it in their power to put a team on the pitch that can unite fans and want them to go and watch, like the early days......the problem is they're taking too long to do it.

That says it all, sadly.

Although one factor in our ongoing troubles today actually was our dizzying early success, imho.

It makes anything less a disappointment.

It could never have lasted....plus the novelty would have worn off.

That's not to say we're  not desperately ready for a taste of that success again, of course. :(

Winning is the key. As has been posted before, it was the winning streak in the first year that attracted the fans. The few games before that, we were lucky to crack 10,000 at Parramatta. The police and security issues started almost straight away but the active endured for the first few seasons because we had a team on the pitch that we could be proud of so it was worth putting up with the issues. Once the team hit mediocre level, the fans said it was not worth putting up with it anymore hence the decline.

The overzealous policing actually assisted numbers, sure there was a few extra punted but there were a few thousand extra going because of that siege ACAB/Media hatred mentality as a sign of solidarity.  Exclusivity and FOMO was also a key, having people think they will miss out on something (like toilet paper) will see more wanting to get it, the more exclusive you make it the more want it.  So there was plenty of good stuff but the key was results is what tied it all together it was the West saying FU we can compete and beat you lot already.  

Apparently the Derby is on next Saturday.

:nono:

Who has time to keep track of these minor details when there's a singles night to plan?

On 11/03/2020 at 3:18 PM, mack said:

Apparently the Derby is on next Saturday.

:nono:

Increasing possibility of an Empty Stadium game.

2 hours ago, Ossified said:

Increasing possibility of an Empty Stadium game.

Especially if everyone turns up a week early.

Surely attendances are going to be down massively from here on in.....closed doors? it's happening elsewhere

Posted (edited)

It's official. FFA press conference right now. 

Rest of the season behind closed doors. Vic and Nix games over the next two weeks to be re-scheduled and played in Australia after two week isolation period has expired.

Edited by CaptainJess

50 minutes ago, CaptainJess said:

It's official. FFA press conference right now. 

Rest of the season behind closed doors. Vic and Nix games over the next two weeks to be re-scheduled and played in Australia after two week isolation period has expired.

Talk of condensing the league to three weeks but I can’t see that happening if Nix can’t travel internationally and both Nix+Vic are already on 14 day quarantine.

Just read where the Nix and Victory cant train as team for the 2 week isolation period  the Nix will arrive in Australia tomorrow and start their 2 week isolation.

7 minutes ago, Keithie said:

Just read where the Nix and Victory cant train as team for the 2 week isolation period  the Nix will arrive in Australia tomorrow and start their 2 week isolation.

Mental. Call the season if we have to do this.

2 teams being punished in such a fashion isn’t a pill their fans will swallow.

If Foxtel is able to claw back funding during to a short season, this is going to hurt the league horribly

10 hours ago, Upthehill said:

Foxtel is able to claw back funding during to a short season, this is going to hurt the league horribly

This will be the conundrum facing most leagues with broadcast deals, it’s one of the reasons why the season is going ahead & they won’t put a stop to the competition.

10 hours ago, Upthehill said:

Talk of condensing the league to three weeks but I can’t see that happening if Nix can’t travel internationally and both Nix+Vic are already on 14 day quarantine.

Nix will be based in Sydney for the remainder of the competition. They won’t need to travel back to NZ.

11 hours ago, CaptainJess said:

Things will be fast moving from now, infections will spike exponentially. In two weeks time when the quarantine is over, we will be facing a different set of circumstances.

Can you imagine the Nux? They come here, have to isolate for two weeks. League gets suspended once they are out of quarantine & they have to go back into isolation when they get back from NZ. Craziness

What odds for a Nix grand final win?

They stay in Aus, build camaraderie, roar through the finals and beat the smurfs in the GF.
Do it Wullington!

10 hours ago, btron3000 said:

They stay in Aus, build camaraderie, roar through the finals and beat the smurfs in the GF.
Do it Wullington!

I’m not giving up on us yet

11 hours ago, btron3000 said:

Do it Wullington!

Do you know what happens to people who are held in confined spaces for periods of time , especially in groups , they become angry they fight , every little thing pisses them off .

Nix will struggle if they come , They are now demanding assurances that they can train as a group during the isolation period before they leave NZ , will that be the catalyst to stop the league if they can't train and don't come.