mack

WSW 18/19 & 19/20 Club Thread

https://theworldgame.sbs.com.au/clubs-cut-player-wages-by-50-per-cent-as-a-league-war-escalates

Western Sydney Wanderers billionaire boss Paul Lederer is understood to have placed his squad on JobKeeper allowances as a consequence of Professional Footballers Australia rejecting the arbitrary offer of 30 per cent wage cuts as part of a new CBA.

Even the Mariners have kept paying the players in full, although if they are at the cap floor and don't have marquees you could argue that they've been paying 50% all season.

Things will get much messier over the next few weeks/months and the league will look very different next year (and probably for the foreseeable future). WSW have been preparing us for the mediocrity to come with the tripe served up over the last few years, I wonder how far we'll sink?

Maybe the plan is to wait for the level of football to drop down to ours and beat them with experience.

2 hours ago, mack said:

https://theworldgame.sbs.com.au/clubs-cut-player-wages-by-50-per-cent-as-a-league-war-escalates

Western Sydney Wanderers billionaire boss Paul Lederer is understood to have placed his squad on JobKeeper allowances as a consequence of Professional Footballers Australia rejecting the arbitrary offer of 30 per cent wage cuts as part of a new CBA.

2nd time he’s done it and people blame Lopar for not coming back to finish the season

Membership email has come through. Auto-renews on 1st October and club are discounting costs by 10%. Would rather they took full price and paid the players....

Its a shame that the players are forced to benefits.

Now is exactly the time to put the extra cash in and look after the players. Theres a reason why higher quality players don't want to come here.

1 hour ago, TwoLeftFoots said:

Its a shame that the players are forced to benefits.

Now is exactly the time to put the extra cash in and look after the players. Theres a reason why higher quality players don't want to come here.

55 minutes ago, mack said:

Why should we, if Lederer won't? I'm not a billionaire. Why are the fans expected to pick up the pieces of 15 years of dismal FFA leadership & ~5 years of dismal Lederer ownership?

I think he was taliking about Lederer putting the cash in not the fans.

As per automatic membership before i decide to continue or not (probably will), when is the fixture list being set in stone?

2 minutes ago, Neverbloom said:

i'll give them another season, if i still feel **** all for this club after that then the membership fee isnt worth it

A lot riding on this next season for the A league in general, if WSW are successful next year would imagine a lot more carrying on for the season after, if they fail, memberships will probably fall off the cliff, it ain't cheap!

1 minute ago, WSWJACK said:

A lot riding on this next season for the A league in general, if WSW are successful next year would imagine a lot more carrying on for the season after, if they fail, memberships will probably fall off the cliff, it ain't cheap!

that is true for me its not so much a matter of success(though being successful would be helpful) but its more a matter of engagement, the fact that during the virus all they tried to do was sell us shitty pyramid scheme garbage was not ideal :P there are many issues i have with the club stopping me for feeling that passion i used to feel for them so we will see if they can actually improve.

that said it would be nice to have one season where we are not terrible......its been a while :P

20 hours ago, mack said:

Why should we, if Lederer won't? I'm not a billionaire. Why are the fans expected to pick up the pieces of 15 years of dismal FFA leadership & ~5 years of dismal Lederer ownership?

Yeah lederer not us.

If everyone is hurting and you have the capability to make your product stand out above the rest you should do it.

Otherwise he should pack his bags and **** off

On ‎10‎/‎08‎/‎2020 at 11:10 PM, Generator said:

Membership renewals... Time to recycle an annual rant, followed by a semi-structured thought on how memberships could be managed sensibly.

Remember the club has that dodgy auto-renewal system in place for memberships where if you choose to pay by credit card, which is the only option, you opt-in to auto-renew in future years unless you contact them and ask for that membership ‘feature’ to be cancelled for all time (they said they would only cancel it for two years, unfortunately). All the clubs do it, I know, but it doesn’t make the Wanderers refusal to adopt a proper opt-in system for memberships any better.

Anyway, it could be sometime until full membership renewals are sent out. Imagine asking for money from disgruntled members/fans when the league and club can’t even guarantee we’ll be attending the stadium in person at the end of the calendar year... Not even this club would try that! Well, I hope they won’t, but just in case they want to try something here is an idea. Maybe they could try a ‘secure your seat’ option, where we pay the non-seated supporter member rate and have the option to secure our actual seat once the stadium re-opens. This may not give the club all the money they want, but at least it has a better chance of  encouraging people to spend some money compared to a full membership drive which would likely spark a mass exodus.

On ‎11‎/‎08‎/‎2020 at 8:33 AM, WHACKO said:

If you take your credit card details out of the system (which I have), then I assume they can't auto debit your account.  Not knowing what's happening for next season I'm not taking the risk of them taking the money before we know what's going to happen. 

22 hours ago, wswnick said:

Membership email has come through. Auto-renews on 1st October and club are discounting costs by 10%. Would rather they took full price and paid the players....

I rang the club this afternoon and shared my thoughts with them regarding the auto-renewal of memberships. First off I found out that you just can't delete your credit card from the system, even though there is a delete option there.

My reasons for not renewing at this stage are as follows.

* With the current dispute between the players and the clubs regarding the 30% cut to wages and the threatening of standing players down, will we even have a team.

* Will the A-league even go ahead and if it does there is no set time when it will start.

* What would the team look like if it did resume. Are foreign players an option, with the trouble of getting here and what happen with not paying them would they want to come.

No word on player re-signings. Just that Duke has left (the bloke that scored our goals) and what about Lopar (the bloke that stopped has fair share of goals) I assume he won't be back. So who does that leave us with, the youth team.

* Should Covid increase and the season could not be completed what would happed to the money that had been paid up front. He said the club would be addressing that issue. I said I wouldn't trust them after what has happened with players.

I suggested to them that rather than take 10% off the cost of memberships it may have been better to pay a 10% holding fee for your seat until we know more about what's happening.

I was told by the service person that your membership will not guarantee your current seat but only a seat in your designated area. As with the current situation only 7500 are able to attend anyway. Hoping this will be increased to 15000 at some stage.

1 hour ago, WHACKO said:

First off I found out that you just can't delete your credit card from the system, even though there is a delete option there.

This is bullshit.

1 hour ago, WHACKO said:

I rang the club this afternoon and shared my thoughts with them regarding the auto-renewal of memberships. First off I found out that you just can't delete your credit card from the system, even though there is a delete option there.

My reasons for not renewing at this stage are as follows.

* With the current dispute between the players and the clubs regarding the 30% cut to wages and the threatening of standing players down, will we even have a team.

* Will the A-league even go ahead and if it does there is no set time when it will start.

* What would the team look like if it did resume. Are foreign players an option, with the trouble of getting here and what happen with not paying them would they want to come.

No word on player re-signings. Just that Duke has left (the bloke that scored our goals) and what about Lopar (the bloke that stopped has fair share of goals) I assume he won't be back. So who does that leave us with, the youth team.

* Should Covid increase and the season could not be completed what would happed to the money that had been paid up front. He said the club would be addressing that issue. I said I wouldn't trust them after what has happened with players.

I suggested to them that rather than take 10% off the cost of memberships it may have been better to pay a 10% holding fee for your seat until we know more about what's happening.

I was told by the service person that your membership will not guarantee your current seat but only a seat in your designated area. As with the current situation only 7500 are able to attend anyway. Hoping this will be increased to 15000 at some stage.

What a shite situation.

I know the club want to shore up memberships, but why should ANY of us opt in to the auto re-new when the FFA and the clubs don't even yet know what is happening next season? This, and the player wages issue. We don't even know who will be playing for us?

Why are they even asking for our money now?

One would at least think they would show us loyal fans some courtesy, and hold off the auto renewal until they could at least provide us with some clarity with regards to the upcoming season, rather than attempting to rip money from us and hope we will donate our up front membership money next season if things go pear shaped.

It makes me so sad that our club has turned to this. The club we formally would do anything for. Would travel everywhere for. The club we would buy shite loads of merchandise from. The club that we would brag about to all and sundry about what a great experience it was to attend a match day.

The day it all started to turn was the day Lederer and his cohorts bought the club and Lyall Gorman was marched on.

Today's email is almost the last straw for me. To say they are treating us with contempt is an understatement.

1 hour ago, WHACKO said:

Mack has installed a language filter, right? 

Charging a full membership renewal fee for 15k plus members (at least I think that’s the number) and they might not be able to guarantee us all a seat once they factor in corporate attendees and away team tickets (that’s if the announcement of stadiums being at 50% capacity holds, too)...

I’m approaching Malcolm Tucker levels of expression right about now.

Extreme frustration aside, thanks for reaching out to the club and sharing your conversation. Much appreciated!

10 hours ago, Sithslayer1991 said:

One thing is for certain the quality of play will drop considering who has left the A-league already.

If that’s the case, we should build a squad that the majority represents local players from Western Sydney. If the quality is going to be bad, let’s at least have a team where the players represent our area.

36 minutes ago, Sime11 said:

If that’s the case, we should build a squad that the majority represents local players from Western Sydney. If the quality is going to be bad, let’s at least have a team where the players represent our area.

If we play the same players that played against Sydney United on the weekend we will have a very strong team, can beat any A League on the day.

Across town, players from the Western Sydney Wanderers – owned by Paul Lederer, who heads up the A-League club owners’ representative body – were paid only the $1500 JobKeeper allowance, putting some in a precarious financial position.

Edited by sonar

And another f*** up?

NPL announced as Sunday night on club website but listed as Saturday night on Football NSW website.

Who is right?

Geez Doesn't  popa leave a very dysfunctional club behind him when he leaves , all sorts of Drama going on over in Perth

The cost to renew my membership looked a bit high in the email they sent, particularly as it says "this season you will receive a 10% DISCOUNT on last season's membership price". So I logged into the membership website and checked my invoice for last season. The renewal price they sent me, which presumably includes the 10% discount, is $5 more than I paid last year. If that price is 10% off then the pre-discount price went up by $35.

I've sent them an email so we'll see what they say.

What a complete shambles this club has become under the leadership of Paul Lederer.

It's no wonder that we have become one of the worst run club in the A-League and the last few seasons have reflected that

I'll be definitely canning the auto renewal x 2 memberships and am seriously considering ditching the memberships entirely (1 x foundation, 1 x second season). This club will continue to suck as much from us as they can, and frankly, I'm over it.

46 minutes ago, Davo said:

The cost to renew my membership looked a bit high in the email they sent, particularly as it says "this season you will receive a 10% DISCOUNT on last season's membership price". So I logged into the membership website and checked my invoice for last season. The renewal price they sent me, which presumably includes the 10% discount, is $5 more than I paid last year. If that price is 10% off then the pre-discount price went up by $35.

I've sent them an email so we'll see what they say.

I thought the same but a $50 deposit was paid prior to the final payment which doesn't show up in the invoice.