mack

WSW 18/19 & 19/20 Club Thread

15 minutes ago, WHACKO said:

I thought the same but a $50 deposit was paid prior to the final payment which doesn't show up in the invoice. 

Interesting. It crossed my mind that it was something like that although I had a look through my bank transaction history and can only find the one payment. Also I did some googling and found the terms and conditions for last year's memberships here. It says "The Upfront Yearly Payment Plan payment will be deducted in one instalment in June each year via a nominated VISA, MasterCard or American Express card." Mine went out June 20th for the exact amount on the invoice.

I wonder whether there was a foundation member discount last year that they've removed for this year.

57 minutes ago, Davo said:

Interesting. It crossed my mind that it was something like that although I had a look through my bank transaction history and can only find the one payment. Also I did some googling and found the terms and conditions for last year's memberships here. It says "The Upfront Yearly Payment Plan payment will be deducted in one instalment in June each year via a nominated VISA, MasterCard or American Express card." Mine went out June 20th for the exact amount on the invoice.

I wonder whether there was a foundation member discount last year that they've removed for this year.

If you are in a group the $50 deposit last year was paid by 1 person for the whole group. For example, we have 7 in our group, 1 person paid $350 as the deposit ($50 per member of the group), then the rest of us reimbursed him.

My red foundation membership last year was $415 ($50 deposit then $365 balance). It's $370 next season which is ~10% cheaper.

1 hour ago, nick said:

If you are in a group the $50 deposit last year was paid by 1 person for the whole group. For example, we have 7 in our group, 1 person paid $350 as the deposit ($50 per member of the group), then the rest of us reimbursed him.

Thanks, I think that might be it. I couldn't find a deposit to WSW but if it went to the group leader then that makes more sense.

3 hours ago, WSWJACK said:

just feel a bit rushed on this, would like a bit more time to suck it all in, auto renewals could wait another month couldn't they?

honestly feels dodgy as ****

Bit hard only a short window and you have to write and wait forever for a response. 

Will renew but if next season is budget cut and run like the mariners I'll question my membership loyalty. 

7 hours ago, nick said:

You are right mate.

To put things in perspective: The normal auto renew is in June & normal season starts October. Approx 4 months prior to start of season, makes sense that season starts in approx 4 months.

As for this being normal, this is no normal season. It’s a bit disappointing the way they’ve gone about the process, I certainly understand with so much uncertainty people would rather than not auto renew & wait to see when (or if) the season starts.

Questions:

(1) Foundation discount still apply?

(2) If only 7,500 people allowed in, how are they charging full membership prices?

18 hours ago, Wanderboy said:

I'm waiting for a long winded email from Lederer or JT telling us about how great the new academy and Centre of Excellence is, how they value our loyalty and thank us for our renewals each season, how our junior ranks are booming ahead in leaps and bounds, and how we will become not only the biggest club in Australia but the biggest club in …… Oh, we have a fantastic shiny new stadium as well with safe standing. Everything couldn't be better, eh?

I fully understand that they want to survive and keep cash flow going.

But to lump an email upon us all re auto renewal and give us a week to decide, when absolutely none of us know what we will get for the money we front up with months in advance, is just disgraceful imo.

I never, ever thought our club would become like this.

This pretty sums up my sentiments. 

Money is tight for the majority at the moment and Lederer isn't getting my hard earned just yet. It isn't because of Covid-19 as such, that is just the final straw in a long drawn out decline isn't it. I am just fatigued with the club and comp and could list many reasons why I am not auto renewing, we all could.

20 hours ago, Prydzopolis said:

Questions:

(1) Foundation discount still apply?

Seems to still be applying on my price since I got a 10% discount on last years price. Would have been no change in price if they removed the foundation discount.

My email says I have to Pay $400 for red membership ., is that after the 10% discount ?

So, I'll try and keep a long story short. An old school mate of mine who works in the education field has been working in Qld for the past 10 years, Charters Towers to be precise. He finally returned to Sydney last summer permanently (at the end of the school year) and purchased a ticketed membership for the remainder of this past season. He managed to get a seat next to us (myself and Wanderboy Jnr). That was in January. Then Covid hit not long after.

We attended about 3 games together all up.

Anyway, that was it for the season for the 3 of us. We didn't get to any more games, even after the season re-start.

He loves his football, so he has been coming every Saturday to sit with me and watch young Wanderboy play. Today, we discussed this weeks email (I brought up the subject). He was planning on just auto-renewing. Once I expressed all my concerns (which he hadn't really thought about, nor knew about) he started having 2nd thoughts. Is this what our club wants fans like him to feel? I explained to him the following.

In short, those concerns are:

- We are sent an email from the club that is short and sweet, with a bit of fandom spin, giving us only 2 options with our membership. Opt out or auto renew. All within 12 days.

- If we auto renew, we are fronting up with our hard earned cash for a product that we have no idea what we are getting. What will the conditions be when the season restarts? Will Covid-19 still be a thing? How many games will we be able to attend?

- We are not signing players until an agreement has been reached re the salary cap. We are only signing up some juniors (Natto for example) to bolster the senior squad at this stage. Will Lopar return? What about Cox? We lost Duke. What will the squad makeup be like?

- When does the season re-start? Not even the FFA know or have announced this yet. 

- I mentioned that "some" other clubs have been paying their players while we have ours on Jobkeeper. WTF?

- I also mentioned that there are no other options other than opt in or opt out. Why not an option of putting down just $50 to hold our season ticket seats until there is more clarity regarding next season? That $50 (or even $75) would/could continue our membership until we know what is happening. They could have done this easily - getting a bit of cash up front and be seen to be looking after us fans with the hope that at some stage (guaranteeing our seats if we eventually decide to renew), they can offer us a product with some certainty.

The email was just a money grab from the club to take our cash early and rely upon our loyalty. I can understand why other replies above this have decided to opt out at this stage. After the past 4 season of mediocrity on the pitch and with the arrogance from the club thinking that all us fans will continue to just show blind loyalty, I can understand why fans are finally telling them to go and get ****ed.

What I just don't get is that this club could be such a powerhouse if run properly. Since the FFA sold us to our current owners, us fans have just been play things and treated as $$$ numbers. It has completely lost that family/Western Sydney feel that I used to know, where game day was something we could be proud of and was actually the best experience in the A-League. 

I just don't know what our owners are thinking to treat us like this.

5 minutes ago, Keithie said:

My email says I have to Pay $400 for red membership ., is that after the 10% discount ?

Check what you paid last year.

That'll tell you.

35 minutes ago, Keithie said:

Non-foundation I assume?

So the other lot cross town sent an email to members saying due to uncertainty they will not auto renew members, but encouraging people renew, so they are doing opt-in rather than opt-out

20 hours ago, Wanderboy said:

So, I'll try and keep a long story short. An old school mate of mine who works in the education field has been working in Qld for the past 10 years, Charters Towers to be precise. He finally returned to Sydney last summer permanently (at the end of the school year) and purchased a ticketed membership for the remainder of this past season. He managed to get a seat next to us (myself and Wanderboy Jnr). That was in January. Then Covid hit not long after.

We attended about 3 games together all up.

Anyway, that was it for the season for the 3 of us. We didn't get to any more games, even after the season re-start.

He loves his football, so he has been coming every Saturday to sit with me and watch young Wanderboy play. Today, we discussed this weeks email (I brought up the subject). He was planning on just auto-renewing. Once I expressed all my concerns (which he hadn't really thought about, nor knew about) he started having 2nd thoughts. Is this what our club wants fans like him to feel? I explained to him the following.

In short, those concerns are:

- We are sent an email from the club that is short and sweet, with a bit of fandom spin, giving us only 2 options with our membership. Opt out or auto renew. All within 12 days.

- If we auto renew, we are fronting up with our hard earned cash for a product that we have no idea what we are getting. What will the conditions be when the season restarts? Will Covid-19 still be a thing? How many games will we be able to attend?

- We are not signing players until an agreement has been reached re the salary cap. We are only signing up some juniors (Natto for example) to bolster the senior squad at this stage. Will Lopar return? What about Cox? We lost Duke. What will the squad makeup be like?

- When does the season re-start? Not even the FFA know or have announced this yet. 

- I mentioned that "some" other clubs have been paying their players while we have ours on Jobkeeper. WTF?

- I also mentioned that there are no other options other than opt in or opt out. Why not an option of putting down just $50 to hold our season ticket seats until there is more clarity regarding next season? That $50 (or even $75) would/could continue our membership until we know what is happening. They could have done this easily - getting a bit of cash up front and be seen to be looking after us fans with the hope that at some stage (guaranteeing our seats if we eventually decide to renew), they can offer us a product with some certainty.

The email was just a money grab from the club to take our cash early and rely upon our loyalty. I can understand why other replies above this have decided to opt out at this stage. After the past 4 season of mediocrity on the pitch and with the arrogance from the club thinking that all us fans will continue to just show blind loyalty, I can understand why fans are finally telling them to go and get ****ed.

What I just don't get is that this club could be such a powerhouse if run properly. Since the FFA sold us to our current owners, us fans have just been play things and treated as $$$ numbers. It has completely lost that family/Western Sydney feel that I used to know, where game day was something we could be proud of and was actually the best experience in the A-League. 

I just don't know what our owners are thinking to treat us like this.

amazing post i completely agree, the only thing keeping me cancelling is the fact that i am a foundation member...........something that used to mean something once

2 hours ago, Prydzopolis said:

Well said @Wanderboy :good:

I shall be penning my thoughts to the club come Monday, in the style of the many love letters @FCB used to pen to the club :lol:

I wish you the best.

Good luck getting them to even give a **** about your thoughts.

Edited by Wanderboy

3 minutes ago, wendybr said:

Very sad to see that delirious passion so many here once felt reach this level of disappointment, frustration and disillusionment. :( :(

Yes Wendy, it is sad.

This club is not what it used to be. Our billionaire owners have this week treated us with contempt.

The games I went to last season, I could see fans were desperately willing the team on. Encouragement of the highest order. The ever dwindling active support busted their arses to make up for lack of numbers. La Banda performed above and beyond like they always have.

Yet, just a few days ago, they send all us loyal fans a generic email stating they will again fleece us of our money from our bank accounts with absolutely no guarantee of what product we will receive for our outlay. Are they serious??

50 minutes ago, wendybr said:

Very sad to see that delirious passion so many here once felt reach this level of disappointment, frustration and disillusionment. :( :(

That's football

9 hours ago, wendybr said:

Sad thing is I see no light at the end of the tunnel regarding club or comp situation. I can only see things getting worse and escalating further, will all club's even make it back next year?

Sorry to be a miserable ****er but I see very little reason for any optimism at the moment.