mack

WSW 18/19 & 19/20 Club Thread

15 minutes ago, WHACKO said:

I thought the same but a $50 deposit was paid prior to the final payment which doesn't show up in the invoice. 

Interesting. It crossed my mind that it was something like that although I had a look through my bank transaction history and can only find the one payment. Also I did some googling and found the terms and conditions for last year's memberships here. It says "The Upfront Yearly Payment Plan payment will be deducted in one instalment in June each year via a nominated VISA, MasterCard or American Express card." Mine went out June 20th for the exact amount on the invoice.

I wonder whether there was a foundation member discount last year that they've removed for this year.

just feel a bit rushed on this, would like a bit more time to suck it all in, auto renewals could wait another month couldn't they?

57 minutes ago, Davo said:

Interesting. It crossed my mind that it was something like that although I had a look through my bank transaction history and can only find the one payment. Also I did some googling and found the terms and conditions for last year's memberships here. It says "The Upfront Yearly Payment Plan payment will be deducted in one instalment in June each year via a nominated VISA, MasterCard or American Express card." Mine went out June 20th for the exact amount on the invoice.

I wonder whether there was a foundation member discount last year that they've removed for this year.

If you are in a group the $50 deposit last year was paid by 1 person for the whole group. For example, we have 7 in our group, 1 person paid $350 as the deposit ($50 per member of the group), then the rest of us reimbursed him.

My red foundation membership last year was $415 ($50 deposit then $365 balance). It's $370 next season which is ~10% cheaper.

1 hour ago, nick said:

If you are in a group the $50 deposit last year was paid by 1 person for the whole group. For example, we have 7 in our group, 1 person paid $350 as the deposit ($50 per member of the group), then the rest of us reimbursed him.

Thanks, I think that might be it. I couldn't find a deposit to WSW but if it went to the group leader then that makes more sense.

3 hours ago, WSWJACK said:

just feel a bit rushed on this, would like a bit more time to suck it all in, auto renewals could wait another month couldn't they?

honestly feels dodgy as ****

Bit hard only a short window and you have to write and wait forever for a response. 

Will renew but if next season is budget cut and run like the mariners I'll question my membership loyalty. 

I'm waiting for a long winded email from Lederer or JT telling us about how great the new academy and Centre of Excellence is, how they value our loyalty and thank us for our renewals each season, how our junior ranks are booming ahead in leaps and bounds, and how we will become not only the biggest club in Australia but the biggest club in …… Oh, we have a fantastic shiny new stadium as well with safe standing. Everything couldn't be better, eh?

I fully understand that they want to survive and keep cash flow going.

But to lump an email upon us all re auto renewal and give us a week to decide, when absolutely none of us know what we will get for the money we front up with months in advance, is just disgraceful imo.

I never, ever thought our club would become like this.

7 hours ago, nick said:

You are right mate.

To put things in perspective: The normal auto renew is in June & normal season starts October. Approx 4 months prior to start of season, makes sense that season starts in approx 4 months.

As for this being normal, this is no normal season. It’s a bit disappointing the way they’ve gone about the process, I certainly understand with so much uncertainty people would rather than not auto renew & wait to see when (or if) the season starts.

Questions:

(1) Foundation discount still apply?

(2) If only 7,500 people allowed in, how are they charging full membership prices?