mack

WSW 18/19 & 19/20 Club Thread

Sent an email the same night we got the auto renewal email, expressing my concerns and disappointment. No response. Have pulled out of auto renewal +5, the rest of the large group we sit with also mostly doing the same. 

So desperate for some connected response from the club. Acknowledging people’s concerns. :(

I felt guilty when I moved away the first time I didn't renew my membership, what was that, 2 or 3 seasons ago. I wasn't going to be able to get to games or anything so it was money to just support the club or whatever but I couldn't quite justify it, even though I felt a bit disloyal.

I feel more and more vindicated all the time.

5 hours ago, Smoggy said:

Sad thing is I see no light at the end of the tunnel regarding club or comp situation. I can only see things getting worse and escalating further, will all club's even make it back next year?

Sorry to be a miserable ****er but I see very little reason for any optimism at the moment.

No you're not!

:xnod:

6 hours ago, Cynth said:

Sent an email the same night we got the auto renewal email, expressing my concerns and disappointment. No response. Have pulled out of auto renewal +5, the rest of the large group we sit with also mostly doing the same. 

So desperate for some connected response from the club. Acknowledging people’s concerns. :(

Yes. I sent similar email re auto renewal. I got slightly different renewal message initially..told me my membership would auto renew but my wife and son would not.  I sent message asking for clarification.....nada from the club...guessing that they underestimated the backlash of emails  from members re the whole renewals issue...and they havnt got back to everybody yet . Or perhaps they just dont give a Sh@t 

11 minutes ago, jockman said:

Yes. I sent similar email re auto renewal. I got slightly different renewal message initially..told me my membership would auto renew but my wife and son would not.  I sent message asking for clarification.....nada from the club...guessing that they underestimated the backlash of emails  from members re the whole renewals issue...and they havnt got back to everybody yet . Or perhaps they just dont give a Sh@t 

My advice forget about e-mailing them, get on the phone a let them know exactly how you feel. ( Get them to take you off Auto-renew).

Members Service  Daniel 8602 6400     Scott 8602 6443

Edited by WHACKO

I received a very public service response to my email asking the club to confirm that we won’t be guaranteed a seat if we do renew - they simply said I’d be guaranteed a seat ahead of the general public. Very deliberate what was not said, which is that unfortunately there is no seat guarantee for renewing members, despite us being asked to pay for a full membership.

I won’t be renewing, at least not now and not for a black category seat.

Hi Gillian,

Thank you for your email. I am sorry to hear you may not be renewing your foundation Wanderers memberships.

This email is to confirm that you have now been opted out of the automatic renewal for 2020/21 membership for Accounts **** (Gillian ) and **** (Warren ). If you could please send us feedback in regards to why you are opting out by reply email that would be great. Should you change your mind, you will be able to manually renew your membership online from 12pm Thursday 1 October 2020 up until 5pm Thursday 15 October 2020 through your MyWanderers Account or by contacting the Membership Services Team. 

If you would like to downgrade to a Supporter or Flexi membership and still retain the member benefits including your foundation status, you can do so through your MyWanderers Account by filling out a seating request form here: am.ticketmaster.com/wanderersfc/seat-request  

We hope to see you back at Wanderland in 2021! 

Kind regards,

Nicole

Received this e-mail this afternoon from the club. After telling Scott from Member Services all the reason.It amazes me that this is the e-mail we get and not a revised edition for renewing membership.

Whoevers responsible, they just don't get it.

Edited by mack
fix formatting

I thought I’d made the decision to go for a supporter membership to maintain my foundation member status, but would pay later (ie once there’s solid information on the new season). I then realised my donation to the owners would cost me $80. $80! It was $88 for a GA membership with Canberra United last season (W-League, yes, but it still came with a ‘seat’). I definitely don’t think this club is worth $80 at this stage. 

On 22/09/2020 at 6:44 PM, Cynth said:

I received that email too. I have sent two emails outlining the reasons why and that’s what I receive? Lol. 

No you can’t leave us 

On 22/09/2020 at 7:32 PM, Generator said:

I thought I’d made the decision to go for a supporter membership to maintain my foundation member status, but would pay later (ie once there’s solid information on the new season). I then realised my donation to the owners would cost me $80. $80! It was $88 for a GA membership with Canberra United last season (W-League, yes, but it still came with a ‘seat’). I definitely don’t think this club is worth $80 at this stage. 

80 for a cap and stickers 

2 minutes ago, StringerBellend said:

No you can’t leave us 

:) I won’t leave but I probably will downgrade

my membership. The club left a message for me today in reply to my first long email but I missed the call. Hopefully I will catch them tomorrow. 

17 minutes ago, Cynth said:

my membership. The club left a message for me today in reply to my first long email but I missed the call. Hopefully I will catch them tomorrow. 

Come join us in the bay with all the cool kids 

14 minutes ago, Cynth said:

Don't do anything just yet. I contacted the club again today and  made it abundantly clear that we are not happy. That they are asking us to pay the full amount with out any guarantees of anything. I've asked that they review their cut of date of 15th October and hopefully we receive a email with an update later this week or early next week.

2 minutes ago, WHACKO said:

Don't do anything just yet. I contacted the club again today and  made it abundantly clear that we are not happy. That they are asking us to pay the full amount with out any guarantees of anything. I've asked that they review their cut of date of 15th October and hopefully we receive a email with an update later this week or early next week.

Good for you, that’s awesome. I don’t want to be in a position to pay near $1400 for our five Red membership seats with no certainty about the season, no real team and quite frankly a result that’s already in the bag for the Smurf’s due to our lack of investment in players. 

I will call the club tomorrow as they want to discuss my email but no decisions yet. 

On 22/09/2020 at 1:43 PM, Generator said:

I received a very public service response to my email asking the club to confirm that we won’t be guaranteed a seat if we do renew - they simply said I’d be guaranteed a seat ahead of the general public. Very deliberate what was not said, which is that unfortunately there is no seat guarantee for renewing members, despite us being asked to pay for a full membership.

I won’t be renewing, at least not now and not for a black category seat.

They said to you,( that you are  guaranteed a seat ahead of the general public,) that's how i read it.

I have season tickets for the Sydney Kings (NBL) and they way they have handled the membership renewal situation has been great. They sent out multiple surveys querying member feelings on attending games whilst coronavirus is still about ( what would influence your decision on attending games,  what factors would influence your membership renewal, etc).

They pushed back the deadline for renewal multiple times until the league outlined their plan for the 2020-2021 season. They lowered the price of season tickets and updated their terms and conditions to state that if government regulations state that fans cannot attend games, members will receive a refund (minus costs of membership packs) or a prorated refund should only a portion of games be open to fans.

They said you are guaranteed a seat ahead of the general public but can't guarantee your regular seat due to the possibility of government regulations dictating distancing between seats and things like that. They have been very transparent and communicated with members every step of the way. I felt comfortable renewing my season tickets even with the uncertainty with the current climate because they've covered all the bases.

Now in this situation with renewing with WSW, I'm not too sure. Minimal communication and a short deadline doesn't fill you with confidence that they have a plan or have even thought through all possibilities and scenarios.

8 hours ago, mintoff said:

They said to you,( that you are  guaranteed a seat ahead of the general public,) that's how i read it.

I don’t think getting a seat to an A League game will be a problem 

They won’t be queuing round the block

1 hour ago, StringerBellend said:

I don’t think getting a seat to an A League game will be a problem 

They won’t be queuing round the block

Yeah this is the kicker. At the end of the day you'll be able to go to any game you want anyway. So the only reason to renew membership is either to maintain your tenure or loyalty. 

Club is just rushing renewals to get the cash injection which I get, but there is just too much uncertainty and we still don't have a date for the restart they should wait until a date has been set

Close to half of friends/family I’ve been going to games with since very early one aren’t interested in their membership this time around, some even foundation members.

I’ve just tried to call the club to update my credit card details as it expired earlier this year. Wasn’t expecting an immediate answer, but after only 3 minutes on hold it just cut out. Called again and I was out back in the queue. Decided to use the “contact” function through the website. How ridiculous is it the credit card can’t be updated online! 

I didn’t have to think too long about whether I’d continue my membership, fortunately money isn’t the issue for me but I can understand how it is for others. But given the state the league is in, you would think the club would be working its ass off to try and save members. They don’t seem to really care at all.

It seems quite strange the lack of communication from the club. I wander if they are short staff?

Edited by Sithslayer1991

The staff are all employed by centerlink now whilst judas is cruise boating up at Nelsons bay laughing at the $300 each kid holidays clinics and he is expecting our membership cash for an inferior product that's not guaranteed but don't stress u get 10% off. 

Fuk u judas keep my foundation membership 

at the very least they could have staggered payment

"Hi all. Everybody is going through a hard time time at the moment. If you can make an auto renewal re-payment of $50, it would help cover club expenses the ALeague figures out a start date. The  rest can be paid later on when a date is finalised."

I sent our "cancel auto-renewals" email yesterday and received a reply the same day. Standard reply but I wasn't expecting ongoing correspondence. As we only have out-of-town memberships (called "Interstate" on my renewal email) we'll wait for more info before renewing

3 hours ago, Nathg said:

Close to half of friends/family I’ve been going to games with since very early one aren’t interested in their membership this time around, some even foundation members.

I’ve just tried to call the club to update my credit card details as it expired earlier this year. Wasn’t expecting an immediate answer, but after only 3 minutes on hold it just cut out. Called again and I was out back in the queue. Decided to use the “contact” function through the website. How ridiculous is it the credit card can’t be updated online! 

I didn’t have to think too long about whether I’d continue my membership, fortunately money isn’t the issue for me but I can understand how it is for others. But given the state the league is in, you would think the club would be working its ass off to try and save members. They don’t seem to really care at all.

You can add credit card details and nominate your default. There is also a delete/edit feature. However, as I found out, I couldn't delete my old CC details as they were still linked to the auto renew. An email to the club had that all sorted without a problem.

10 minutes ago, Edinburgh said:

You can add credit card details and nominate your default. There is also a delete/edit feature. However, as I found out, I couldn't delete my old CC details as they were still linked to the auto renew. An email to the club had that all sorted without a problem.

Yes I did add the new card, but unable to delete the old one and for some reason was unable to also make the new card link to auto renew.

Ended up speaking to someone from the member team over the phone to sort it

I don't think that they don't care I just think they will be running on a skeleton staff. Unfortunately they won't be putting money into admin so it makes dealing with the club frustrating which ultimately is a bit myopic and will probably cost them more than paying staff would have.

57 minutes ago, beatsurrender said:

I don't think that they don't care I just think they will be running on a skeleton staff. Unfortunately they won't be putting money into admin so it makes dealing with the club frustrating which ultimately is a bit myopic and will probably cost them more than paying staff would have.

7aYB.gif