mack

WSW 18/19 & 19/20 Club Thread

I'm so unbothered that I won't even email

Let the auto renew come

Following WSW has been pretty tough the last few years and a lot of the fun going to games has been sucked out of it - the new stadium is fantastic but as our club is a shambles in many ways, not really looking forward to next season. That said, hopefully I'll get a seat and be able to attend some games. I've literally taken out credit cards to support the club (those fancy ones with a free domestic return flight per year).

However, when I went down to Melbourne for that City match (the one where Simon Cox couldn't score from 2cm out), my favourite part of that trip was actually meeting up with one of my friends who I hadn't seen in a while. She and I walked to 7/11 and got some free ice cream because they had a promotion on the 7/11 app for one free ice cream that day. That was nice.

I spoke to someone called “Danny” at the club yesterday. He rang in regards to my long email to them last week. He wanted me to spell out the reasons I was concerned even though it was all there in the email. I told him my concerns around poor performance, lack of investment in players, no certainty as to what we would be paying for, not paying players etc. 

What I got in return was that Danny had no answers for me. He told me he understood all my concerns but couldn’t answer to them. 

In the end he ensured I and my family were off auto renew, told me they seem to want to start the season in December and assured me that I could take out any level of membership and still keep my foundation membership. He also said that if it came to the 14th of October and we still didn’t know what we were doing, we could call and extend the time and they wouldn’t give away our seats. 

:unknw:

Cynth , I had exactly the same conversation with Danny , I believe Danny is the Manager of Membership services , he also told me Along all employees including players are on Job keeper payments.

It is pretty obvious the average employee of WSW has no clue as to what is happening within the wanderers.

Lederer said in an interview today that all Wanderers players have been paid their full wages for the month and clubs are negotiating contracts directly with players now.

6 hours ago, wswnick said:

Lederer said in an interview today that all Wanderers players have been paid their full wages for the month and clubs are negotiating contracts directly with players now.

Actually Lederer said that all the players had renegotiated contracts, all had agreed but 1 player.

On 25/09/2020 at 10:22 PM, Prydzopolis said:

Actually Lederer said that all the players had renegotiated contracts, all had agreed but 1 player.

Either Lopar or Muller - our 2 best players

9 minutes ago, Frankos187 said:

Will we find out what our new kits look like or do we just wait for FIFA 21 in a few days to find out? Lol

Got a feeling they will just put last seasons kit on Fifa 21 but I could be wrong?

On 27/09/2020 at 7:53 PM, Frankos187 said:

Will we find out what our new kits look like or do we just wait for FIFA 21 in a few days to find out? Lol

Clubs gone to 💩 and you're worried about what the jersey is gonna look like 

Spider said the same. Less BS and more "Do" is what's required. Said on Simon Jill's podcast.

Rated the club last season as 3 of 10!

2 hours ago, 1988banana said:

Clubs gone to 💩 and you're worried about what the jersey is gonna look like 

You assuming I love what the club has become? 

https://www.przegladsportowy.pl/pilka-nozna/nizsze-ligi/radoslaw-majewski-w-lidze-okregowej-dlaczego-wrocil-do-polski-i-gra-w-okregowce-to/20vrrtz.amp

"Were it not for the injury, would you still be playing at a much higher level?

Of course, I'm sure of it. When I was playing Pogoń, I was on a rising tide. I had a lot of goals and assists. To Australia they didn't take me for pretty eyes, just because of my high form. I received a great financial deal, but only took Western Sydney Wanderers as a stopover. Then I wanted to try my hand somewhere else. Well, I did not expect to fly to the other side of the world to break the cruciate ligaments. Apparently it had to be that way. It's not my fault I had a moron on the team.

Whom?

Idiot. You can write that. He hit my legs with all his force during training, and then - like a moron - he still tried to convince me that he was accidentally. In my opinion, he did it maliciously, but I will not prove it. It's all water over the dam. Anyway, I think that even now I would do well in the first league. I feel even stronger than before the injury"

I almost missed Monday’s membership email update - Google could sense my disdain (or more accurately they monitored my email exchange with the club!) and sent the email to my junk folder.

From the email: “We launched our renewal process to ensure that we can deliver membership packs on time, fulfil any seating allocation requests and respond to any general membership questions leading into the season.”

In time for what? It looks like the club is doing all it can to address feedback from previous years regarding membership pack distribution, but without any regard to the fact we’re in the middle of a global pandemic and that people might be worried about other things (like their bank balance or certainty around what a membership will actually provide in terms of seating) and not whether or not their trinkets will arrive on time for a season that doesn’t yet have a start date. And that’s the positive spin, too, and leaves aside the fact that the club could have easily achieved all this with a deposit style scheme with full membership costs to be settled once seating arrangements and timing are confirmed.

Lederer is spending money, just not on players...….

https://theurbandeveloper.com/articles/lederers-345m-gosford-alive-precinct-gets-go-ahead?utm_source=TUD+Master+List&utm_campaign=33fd27508b-EMAIL_CAMPAIGN_2019_07_03_11_11_COPY_01&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_9f25b32131-33fd27508b-188337591

Lederer’s $345m Gosford Alive Precinct Gets Go Ahead

0b51104a-821b-47cb-812b-4a9d09fadc9a

The Lederer Group has been given the green light on its $345 million “Gosford Alive” development to replace a “dead shopping mall” with a five-tower mixed use precinct.

The concept plan and stage one works on the 14,194sq m site have been approved by the NSW Independent Planning Commission.

The group, led by billionaire and co-owner of the Western Sydney Wanderers, Paul Lederer, will now be able to build towers up to 101 metres high on the Donnison Street, Gosford site.

The proposed tower plans, by Buchan architecture, only range up to 88m and includes 727 units, 1,015 car park spaces and 5,079sq m of retail and commercial space in the podium of the buildings.

There is also 3,047sq m or 21 per cent of the site with soft landscaping and 3,692sq m of communal space, including a pool and rooftop gardens .

The “Gosford Alive” plans went to the commission following an objection from the Central Coast Council in regards to concerns about design, built form, density, car parking, traffic and road infrastructure, environmental impacts and public benefits.

Related: St Hilliers’ $150m Central Coast Quarter Approved

▲ Lederer Group's Gosford Alive project will see five white residential towers with retail and commercial podiums build on the site.

▲ Lederer Group's Gosford Alive project will see five residential towers built on the site bordered by Henry Parry Drive, William Street and Donnison Street. Image: Buchan

The commission gave a series of conditions to the consent including reducing the scale of four of the towers to ensure a more slender future built form and to reduce its visual impact.

Lederer will also be required to create a graduation in tower height from Kibble Park to the ridgeline of Rumbalara Reserve, while pairing towers one and two at the same height.

“These amendments are required to ensure that design excellence … and improved environmental and amenity outcomes can be achieved through future development applications,” the commission concluded.

This approval follows a decision in early September by the commission to allow Sydney-based developer St Hilliers to build a triple-tower development about 600 metres from the Lederer site.

This is not the first time the group has placed an application on the site, having submitted plans in mid-2016 which were withdrawn two years later.

The Gosford area is undergoing significant urban renewal, with the under-construction Waterside Towers and Merindah Apartments as well as the approved Mariners Plaza and Horizon development.

The “Gosford Alive” Stage 1 development application states that the project “seeks to articulate an improved and enlivened vision for the eastern edge of Kibble Park, replacing a dead shopping mall with an active and attractive redevelopment”.

“The proposal looks forward to Gosford’s future, and brings residential life back into the city centre.

“[The development] provides new and active street edges, a new public shared street and pedestrian link, and unique opportunities for retail and commercial activity to reinvigorate the heart of Gosford.”

2 hours ago, WSWJACK said:

It's red & black, that's all i can say really.

first season is the best in my humble...

Season 2 (hoops all the way round) was the best 

Feel a bit of a fraud commenting on it really, I'm not one those chaps who buys a new shirt every season.

On 01/10/2020 at 12:21 PM, Wanderboy said:

The group, led by billionaire and co-owner of the Western Sydney Wanderers, Paul Lederer,

Key word here is co-owner. Lederer isn't the sole owner of WSW. The others are happy to sit in the shadows and let PL take all the heat as the Chairman.

If the club isn't spending money (no AL club is atm btw) then that ire should be directed to the owners collective. I doubt any sane businessman will throw his own cash constantly into  something if the other owners aren't willing to. He might as well buy them out.

There's so much uncertainty with the league atm, its hard to take aim just at WSW on what's happening. These PFA negotiations are stalling frakking everything. Based on the signings announced across the league, it'll be a youth focused season across the board.

I was pretty impressed with the membership team at the club. Took a while to get in touch with them but could tell they’ve been dealing with lots of angry people.

They gave me a number of options if I would be able to attend this year or not. Said that the club were putting together something for members who wanted to keep there seats but wouldn’t be able to attend next season. Said to expect something once they’ve ironed out the details.

Felt sorry for the guy, he has had a lot of anger directed towards him, a lot of it misdirected at him instead of the owners. Glad they are sorting something behind the scenes.

Yeah that’s an important point. The people answering the phones didn’t make the decision to auto renew in October and don’t have the power to make any real decisions. You’re just being a knob if you take it out on them.

Whenever I’ve had to deal with people from the club they’ve been great. 

56 minutes ago, Davo said:

Yeah that’s an important point. The people answering the phones didn’t make the decision to auto renew in October and don’t have the power to make any real decisions. You’re just being a knob if you take it out on them.

Whenever I’ve had to deal with people from the club they’ve been great. 

I can concur with that comment.

You couldn’t pay me enough to be a membership official at WSW. Imagine the amount of entitlement you’d have to put up with simply cause people paid for a ticket. I cringe at the thought.

I agree the timing of the renewals was poor but there’s obviously a start date penciled in behind closed doors or they wouldn’t be taking peoples money. I’d like to give the benefit of the doubt to all clubs that they aren’t in the game of dodgy business operations. 

The Lederer tight ass narrative is still not based in any meaningful facts or hard evidence. It’s a myth that’s gradually spread and people parrot it without any thought for what they’re actually saying. Be grateful that WSW is not owned by Mike Charlesworth - that’s when we’d really have something to complain about.

Yeah, but no. They are taking money because they know plenty of people will open their wallets out of a misplaced sense of loyalty (and because the clubs and league are up the creek full of crap without a cash injection), not because there’s a secret plan to restart the league sooner rather than later. It’s a reasonable business decision, if I’m honest, but also one that I am not willing to support at this time.

Agreed on the membership team, though. They are just doing their job, and possibly only to the extent it’s covered by the JobKeeper payment. 

On 04/10/2020 at 9:54 PM, Generator said:

Yeah, but no. They are taking money because they know plenty of people will open their wallets out of a misplaced sense of loyalty (and because the clubs and league are up the creek full of crap without a cash injection), not because there’s a secret plan to restart the league sooner rather than later. It’s a reasonable business decision

I’m not so sure of that, apparently the clubs have penciled in a December start & that’s what all the players contract negotiations, CBA agreement & in turn membership renewal discussion.

Do I think December is way too optimistic? Sure but to assume that the club is just renewing to take our money without a plan to restart the season is just wrong.