mack

WSW 18/19 & 19/20 Club Thread

Gorman was never going to stay. His job was to prepare the club for sale. Once that was done he wasn't going to keep spending two hours+ a day in traffic commuting to Blacktown. 

8 hours ago, Unlimited said:

I am slowly on board the JT out camp because like this leadership is terrible

There is only so many times you can sack the coach or change the coach before you wonder if it’s higher up 

Look higher 

1 hour ago, mack said:

Gorman was never going to stay. His job was to prepare the club for sale. Once that was done he wasn't going to keep spending two hours+ a day in traffic commuting to Blacktown. 

Yet he then took a job driving to Cronulla. And then another job driving to Manly. Go figure?

Edited by Wanderboy

12 minutes ago, Wanderboy said:

Yet he then took a job driving to Cronulla. And then another job driving to Manly. Go figure?

If we had any chance of keeping him and we let him go then it is a very bad business decision. Given JL does know how to run a business, I'll give him the benefit of the doubt and assume Gorman wouldn't stay

Alternatively we didn't offer enough money

Gorman made a lot of money in a bonus after WSW were sold. He got paid a lot more at both of those clubs than he did at WSW. 

Well, we should have paid him more to stay.

Look at us now. It was a great investment (not) to pay him out and let him walk.

We have been a basket case since JT took over the reigns.

Edited by Wanderboy

If the Jets implode, could Lederer replace Tsatsimas with McKinna?

10 minutes ago, Paul01 said:

If the Jets implode, could Lederer replace Tsatsimas with McKinna?

Why would we? He hasn't exactly done a brilliant job at Newcastle. Decent under the circumstances but we can do better.

11 hours ago, Unlimited said:

There is only so many times you can sack the coach or change the coach before you wonder if it’s higher up 

It’s not JT who makes these decisions, JT is the man who is a yes man, his job is to implement whatever the owners want done.

4 hours ago, Wanderboy said:

never understood why they decided that Lyall Gorman wasn't required once they took control.

His employment was linked to the FFA, his job was to sell the club & his remuneration was linked to the sale. LG provided the direction for the club & was calling all the shots, after the sale of the club a person like that was no longer needed.

On 13/10/2020 at 7:55 PM, mack said:

Half the club’s admin staff have left/cut ties with the club. Membership team has been cut by 80%, community department canned, while the corporate team and media team are over staffed. There are big problems at the club, I don’t have a lot of hope. There are some massive issues at the club. The culture, the head of football, the owners and even JT. Things were bad even before COVID, this has just been the nail in the coffin.

Sounds like a **** show. Not good. Where do they go from here? Getting it right on the pitch with a manager is a start but long way to go

Can't wait for the season to start,  gonna love seeing 27,000 empty chairs in parra 

8 hours ago, jimmy123 said:

has recently signed with Macarthur on a two year deal.

That would be right, we miss out again. 

Farrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrk.

If this club thinks they can dangle a new coach and the promise of some new players coming in in front of me like some shiny toy and that will make me forget years of underachievement, years of inept management, years of crushing disappointment and no direction..... if they think this one bit of hope is going to make me abandon my plans to cancel my foundation membership, renew and jump on the heartbreak rollercoaster all over again........they are correct, Im in.

#gambleresponsibly

4 minutes ago, Wanderingbeersclub said:

If this club thinks they can dangle a new coach and the promise of some new players coming in in front of me like some shiny toy and that will make me forget years of underachievement, years of inept management, years of crushing disappointment and no direction..... if they think this one bit of hope is going to make me abandon my plans to cancel my foundation membership, renew and jump on the heartbreak rollercoaster all over again........they are correct, Im in.

#gambleresponsibly

Could we possibly tempt you with some Steak Knives maybe.

Winter season.... Start in December :blink: lead into January the hottest month.

I know I know we're dictated by the fox sports deal but still don't say its a winter season when we start in Summer and will finish before June because of Tokyo Olympics so we never hit Winter

1 hour ago, Sithslayer1991 said:

I know I know we're dictated by the fox sports deal but still don't say its a winter season when we start in Summer and will finish before June because of Tokyo Olympics so we never hit Winter

Did they actually claim the Olympics was a reason? Lol. Yeah, teams may lose Olyroos players, but it's purely because the Fox cash ends at the end of the financial year. They didn't care last season when Olympic qualifiers were on and players were missing.

On 13/10/2020 at 7:55 PM, mack said:

Here's a couple posts from reddit from someone who says they just left the club staff.

Do you have that Reddit link? Keen to check it out

42 minutes ago, Carns said:

Did they actually claim the Olympics was a reason? Lol. Yeah, teams may lose Olyroos players, but it's purely because the Fox cash ends at the end of the financial year. They didn't care last season when Olympic qualifiers were on and players were missing.

It was from a Bossi article... ATM the only news I could find about the start of A-league:

A-League clubs wanted the season to be pushed back until early in the new year in hope of beginning with fewer regulations around crowd limits, border closures and other restrictions relating to the COVID-19 pandemic. However, the competition's broadcast agreement with Foxtel requires the season to start in December and finish in July.

However, clubs are now eager to finish a month earlier to avoid the finals series clashing with the Tokyo Games, which could see a significant player drain due to international commitments as well as a lack of public interest should the grand final go head-to-head with the Olympics. 

27 December is the official start date - just received an official email from Canberra United advising both the A and W Leagues will start on the same date.

4 hours ago, Generator said:

27 December is the official start date - just received an official email from Canberra United advising both the A and W Leagues will start on the same date.

Well I have been wanting an Xmas week / holiday time Derby game...maybe this time....against the rams...

After a long and polite conversation with the membership team, I decided not to auto renew our family's red membership. Now the day after the deadline for manually paying, I get an email from the club with a plan to hold my membership for $80 (per person).

The membership numbers numbers must be very low...

27th December KO is just peak A-League. December/January is a hectic time in general so not only did they choose to start the season during this period, they picked probably the most hectic week of the year when it comes to people being out of normal routine and away with festivities/family/holidays. You cant make this stuff up...

46 minutes ago, hughsey said:

27th December KO is just peak A-League. December/January is a hectic time in general so not only did they choose to start the season during this period, they picked probably the most hectic week of the year when it comes to people being out of normal routine and away with festivities/family/holidays. You cant make this stuff up...

It's literally the week that would have the worst opening crowds. I guess they're okay with it because of the existing restrictions which will already limit them

Foxtel required them to start the season in December. The FFA or the clubs or both wanted to start as late as possible.

Hence the 27th.

5 hours ago, homerj said:

After a long and polite conversation with the membership team, I decided not to auto renew our family's red membership. Now the day after the deadline for manually paying, I get an email from the club with a plan to hold my membership for $80 (per person).

The membership numbers numbers must be very low...

What do they mean by hold your membership for $80.

Are they suggesting that'll you'll be transferred to a supporter m'ship, or the other new GA category m'ship? 

13 minutes ago, Taurus said:

What do they mean by hold your membership for $80.

Are they suggesting that'll you'll be transferred to a supporter m'ship, or the other new GA category m'ship? 

Here's what I got from the club:

As we prepare for the coming A-League and Westfield W-League seasons to kick off on 27 December there is a lot going on behind-the-scenes.

We understand the changing nature of the times and that some of our members aren’t yet ready to commit to renewing their membership for the 2020/21 season.

You will now have the opportunity to place a hold on your reserved seat by paying an $80 holding fee per membership seat to secure your seat for the following season.

Simply login to your MyWanderers Account and pay the invoice titled 2020-21 Membership Seat Hold.

By doing so, you will receive a Supporter membership pack and member benefits, however will not have access to your membership seat(s) unless the outstanding cost of your membership is paid. Placing a hold on your membership will secure your seat for the 2021/22 season.

For a full breakdown of frequently asked questions, please click HERE.

No matter what, we are committed to strengthening this club now and into the future and we thank you for your continued commitment.

QUESTIONS? Contact us by emailing memberships@wswanderersfc.com.au

See you at Wanderland! Membership Services Team. Western Sydney Wanderers FC