Jump to content
mack

WSW 18/19 & 19/20 Club Thread

Recommended Posts

Was this info available before the auto renew date?

Share this post


Link to post
9 minutes ago, Davo said:

Was this info available before the auto renew date?

Not as far as I am aware.

It would have been my option. I didn't want to lose my seats which I love, so I went through with the auto renew.

How convenient they offer this now.

Edited by Wanderboy

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, Wanderboy said:

Not as far as I am aware.

It would have been my option.

I'm also not aware this was available before. This is one of the options I discussed with the membership team on the phone. (Along with I don't know what I'm paying for and you can't guarantee me a seat...)

That they waited until after the 15th to announce this stinks.

Share this post


Link to post
10 minutes ago, homerj said:

I'm also not aware this was available before. This is one of the options I discussed with the membership team on the phone. (Along with I don't know what I'm paying for and you can't guarantee me a seat...)

That they waited until after the 15th to announce this stinks.

Yep.

It's just shows what contempt the club hold us fans in. Bugger all auto renewed so they come up with plan B. It stinks.

Share this post


Link to post
8 minutes ago, homerj said:

I'm also not aware this was available before. This is one of the options I discussed with the membership team on the phone. (Along with I don't know what I'm paying for and you can't guarantee me a seat...)

That they waited until after the 15th to announce this stinks.

Would assume they took the advice from members and incorporated it.

Its a shame and would be incredibly frustrating for members (especially foundation) who didn't renew but wanted to do something like this new reservation.

Should have been implemented/offered in the first place rather than renewing first.

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, Wanderboy said:

Not as far as I am aware.

It would have been my option. I didn't want to lose my seats which I love, so I went through with the auto renew.

How convenient they offer this now.

I posted here on the membership thread that the club had something in the works on the day before auto renewal 

3 hours ago, Davo said:

Was this info available before the auto renew date?

No it wasn’t, however if you called up the membership team they may have discussed it with you. I called up 2 days before auto renewal & they said something was in the works but they were still sorting out the nuts & bolts

Share this post


Link to post

On another note, the NPL u20 squad play Blacktown City in their Semi-final.

They played them last week and lost 6-2.

Plus I think the thread needs a new name. Bit old when your still referring to the 18/19 season 

Update

Lost 3-1 with a red card. Couldn't watch the end with internet crashing at home. F*** Murdoch, Abbott and Turnbull for giving such a substandard NBN

Share this post


Link to post

I'll start a new one in December for 2021. This thread has been going since 2018 hence the name.

Share this post


Link to post
31 minutes ago, mack said:

I'll start a new one in December for 2021. This thread has been going since 2018 hence the name.

Thought it might be good to start now with multiple changes in coaching staff. I hope Robinson gets rid of the goalkeeper coach and brings on Covic

Share this post


Link to post
On 16/10/2020 at 11:42 AM, homerj said:

After a long and polite conversation with the membership team, I decided not to auto renew our family's red membership. Now the day after the deadline for manually paying, I get an email from the club with a plan to hold my membership for $80 (per person).

The membership numbers numbers must be very low...

This has me dirty. Why not do this in the first place? 

I've renewed, but I don't even get a guaranteed seat for my $400. But now I could have apparently kept my seat and foundation status safe for $80 until I knew what was happening with COVID? 

Get in the ******* bin :angry: What a slap in the face to people who renewed because they didn't think there was any other option to keep their seats or status. 

Share this post


Link to post
6 minutes ago, CaptainJess said:

This has me dirty. Why not do this in the first place? 

 

Apparently it's what that team in the east did. 

Share this post


Link to post

The Club would've known that Membership numbers would be down this coming season.  Even without COVID,  

They have had since March - to work out a plan, to work WITH Members on an alternative. 

Disgruntled fans + changes in financial status = not a good combination.  

 

Yet they wait until after the renewal window has closed - to say that hey, you CAN for the time-being actually keep your Foundation Member status and your seat, for the $80.00?

 

I feel it's really not good enough - and I feel that club should've done better, and communicated it better also. 

Edited by 102megan

Share this post


Link to post
50 minutes ago, 102megan said:

The Club would've known that Membership numbers would be down this coming season.  Even without COVID,  

They have had since March - to work out a plan, to work WITH Members on an alternative. 

Disgruntled fans + changes in financial status = not a good combination.  

 

Yet they wait until after the renewal window has closed - to say that hey, you CAN for the time-being actually keep your Foundation Member status and your seat, for the $80.00?

 

I feel it's really not good enough - and I feel that club should've done better, and communicated it better also. 

Yeah it's poor form all round.

Fleece those willing to stump up in a backhand way, and then change the rules to suit after...

No respect shown to those willing to front up hey.

Share this post


Link to post

none whatsoever.

I've always said that WSW is the people on the terrace and in the stands; that's what made it great. but it's always galling to see this stuff.

Share this post


Link to post

After A-League staff changes and the NPL Mens squad, the Club has sensibly brought in Jim Fraser as GK coach for u13s through to u20s.

Jim used to own/run the Goalkeepers Academy located in Rooty Hill.

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, Paul01 said:

After A-League staff changes and the NPL Mens squad, the Club has sensibly brought in Jim Fraser as GK coach for u13s through to u20s.

Jim used to own/run the Goalkeepers Academy located in Rooty Hill.

I remember Jim doing GK sessions at my junior club around 25 years ago !! Lovely guy

Share this post


Link to post

The club really should’ve pursued the model Victory are using. You pay a small base rate to be a member and then ‘buy’ your ticket for each game that you plan to actually attend.

They probably would’ve made just as much money as they have by getting people to commit in full up front.

Share this post


Link to post
On 21/10/2020 at 6:51 AM, Paul01 said:

After A-League staff changes and the NPL Mens squad, the Club has sensibly brought in Jim Fraser as GK coach for u13s through to u20s.

Jim used to own/run the Goalkeepers Academy located in Rooty Hill.

He's a fantastic keeper coach. I had him for a bunch of sessions as a kid

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, hughsey said:

The club really should’ve pursued the model Victory are using. You pay a small base rate to be a member and then ‘buy’ your ticket for each game that you plan to actually attend.

They probably would’ve made just as much money as they have by getting people to commit in full up front.

Would they have? As based on past 5 years I couldn’t  see many buying a ticket to watch us

Edited by StringerBellend

Share this post


Link to post

So I have just realised I didn't auto-renew because my card details were from an old one that expired...

Oh man.

Guess I need to email the club and get my membership renewed somehow...

A bit peeved because my previous post here made it clear I was on the "whatever, just auto renew me" club but now I actually have to do something :nono:

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Unlimited said:

So I have just realised I didn't auto-renew because my card details were from an old one that expired...

Oh man.

Guess I need to email the club and get my membership renewed somehow...

A bit peeved because my previous post here made it clear I was on the "whatever, just auto renew me" club but now I actually have to do something :nono:

Yeah I did that too, I just eventually got around to paying after a few weeks. They hadn't chased me up, and it was passed the supposed required day for renewal. I just went online and changed the card for my account, took about 5 minutes 

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, Unlimited said:

So I have just realised I didn't auto-renew because my card details were from an old one that expired...

Oh man.

Guess I need to email the club and get my membership renewed somehow...

A bit peeved because my previous post here made it clear I was on the "whatever, just auto renew me" club but now I actually have to do something :nono:

It's fine..I think you might only have to put down $80.....

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
7 hours ago, StringerBellend said:

Would they have? As based on past 5 years I couldn’t  see many buying a ticket to watch us

Couldn't ******* give tickets away!

Share this post


Link to post

I received a nice, personalised email from the club this evening (see further below). Autofill functions are always better when they go awry 🙂.
 

Seriously, I have long wanted an option like this, so now it’s available I guess I should make use of it. How they went about this is terrible - relying on laziness or the romantics out there to renew at full price, and only then come out with a means to get the rest of us to consider our ongoing engagement with the club. I still don’t think a club that does something like this to its fan base really warrants our cash, but I really want those membership trinkets (plus it would be nice to maintain my foundation member status for another year).

 

Quote

Hi %name_first%,

You can now secure your membership for the coming season by placing an $80 holding fee on your seat.

[...]

Share this post


Link to post
8 minutes ago, Generator said:

I received a nice, personalised email from the club this evening (see further below). Autofill functions are always better when they go awry 🙂.
 

Seriously, I have long wanted an option like this, so now it’s available I guess I should make use of it. How they went about this is terrible - relying on laziness or the romantics out there to renew at full price, and only then come out with a means to get the rest of us to consider our ongoing engagement with the club. I still don’t think a club that does something like this to its fan base really warrants our cash, but I really want those membership trinkets (plus it would be nice to maintain my foundation member status for another year).

 

I've had something similar where Wanderers send a gift voucher with no redemption code on it.

Edited by THEWANDERERSPOST

Share this post


Link to post
13 hours ago, hughsey said:

The club really should’ve pursued the model Victory are using. You pay a small base rate to be a member and then ‘buy’ your ticket for each game that you plan to actually attend.

They probably would’ve made just as much money as they have by getting people to commit in full up front.

I like the idea, only you want have a permanent seat  at your home games.

Share this post


Link to post

           For anyone interested these are my latest correspondence with the club regarding membership.

 

 
Q:        What would happen if you paid for your membership in full and only part or all of the games could not be played out of Wanderland?
 
 

A:         Thank you for your email to the Western Sydney Wanderers Membership Services Team.

             We appreciate your concerns regarding the 2020/21 season. 

             There will be contingency plans that will be put in place should the season be halted due to the COVID-19 pandemic  

             We expect all games to be played at Bankwest Stadium at this point in time. All our Members will be allowed entry.

             We will continue to keep you informed by emails throughout the season.

 

Q:         Does the contingency plan due to covid-19 consist of a full or part refund of membership cost (less the $80 for holding my seat) should some or all of the games not be played at Bankwest Stadium?

             If this is not the case will that money be rolled over to next years' membership?

 
 

A:         Thank you for making contact with us and apologies on the delay in getting back to you.

            These decisions are yet to be decided on. We are working to identify the best way forward if the virus causes a halt to our season or affects us from playing. We are in talks with the FFA, Bankwest Stadium                                                              and with our membership  committee to identify the best way forward.

            We are willing to work case by case with all our members on the situation and will continue to keep you informed of updates or changes that may affect your membership.

            If you wish to chat through this further, we are happy to give you a call.

 

            I'm pretty sure they don't have a contingency plan, hopefully by offering them one in the next few weeks they will then come up with one. The same way they came up with the $80 seat holding.

Edited by WHACKO

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...