Melbourne City: Season 2018/19

mack

3 hours ago, Carns said:

They're only interested in farming as many of the best Australian youth talent as possible. Mooy paid for the purchase of the club and Arzani will (if he reaches potential) will pay for much/all of the academy.

Spot on the discussion about them starts and ends there 

in mooy and Arzani they took a punt of offering improved contracts from 2 Sydney clubs and it paid off big time 

Apparently Bruno will be off to Perth.

What do we think - Would he have fitted into the Wanderers under Babbel?

My opinion is that he would not.  While Bruno can definitely produce some bits of brilliance, I think Babbel wants all players to give maximum effort all the time and Bruno is not like that - he enjoys the occasional stroll away from the ball when he is bored or tired.

4 minutes ago, bombagol said:

My opinion is that he would not.  While Bruno can definitely produce some bits of brilliance, I think Babbel wants all players to give maximum effort all the time and Bruno is not like that - he enjoys the occasional stroll away from the ball when he is bored or tired.

Agreed. Babbel wants no lazy s****

7 hours ago, bombagol said:

7 hours ago, Paul01 said:

Agreed. Babbel wants no lazy s****

And Popa does?

I would take him. Get him with a full pre-season with the team the guy can hold up play, score goals from anywhere, provide X factor, gets himself into games and create opportunities. Joyce might not want him but we all have seen him when his at his best and he is unstoppable. He can read play effectively and most importantly he has a bit of Santalab in him that he will do whatever it takes to win a game.

I think he is one of those players that has the ability to play in any system.

37 minutes ago, Sithslayer1991 said:

I would take him. Get him with a full pre-season with the team the guy can hold up play, score goals from anywhere, provide X factor, gets himself into games and create opportunities. Joyce might not want him but we all have seen him when his at his best and he is unstoppable. He can read play effectively and most importantly he has a bit of Santalab in him that he will do whatever it takes to win a game.

I think he is one of those players that has the ability to play in any system.

I would agree, when in form and fit he ripped the league up.. As long as his putting them away in the net then his doing his job, a pre-season and some would have given Marcelo time to get him back into shape.. If any fitness coach could, it would be him..

Popa may think they could get him fit and back in form before the league starts next season?

23 minutes ago, MistahCampoy said:

I would agree, when in form and fit he ripped the league up.. As long as his putting them away in the net then his doing his job, a pre-season and some would have given Marcelo time to get him back into shape.. If any fitness coach could, it would be him..

Popa may think they could get him fit and back in form before the league starts next season?

Lets put it this way Diego Castro was already a great player before popa and usually hit his stride in late January or after because he hit pre season in late August. With popa he had a bit of an injury but he was there from the start of pre season, and now arguably Castro is playing the best football since joining Perth. 

Imagine Bruno in that environment with Champions league as well for next season. Plus the added motivation like Kilkenny to prove to $ity they made the wrong decision and you have the makings of a very dangerous player on the team. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...