Sign in to follow this  
mack

Sydney FC: Season 2018/19

One thing I’d like to correct, FOXTEL has a $3m fund for the FFA to use for marquees. The marquee fund is misleading, ffa can only use this money for marquees. Whilst many giving the FFA stick for something that they’ve negotiated with the TV deal, it’s clearly something that Foxtel are happy to push & FFA obliged. Less willing to give them stick for that despite it not being the greatest long term strategy.

FFA weren’t willing to dedicate more than $2m to Torres as they were hoping to spend the rest on another marquee. Hard to think of another free agent that has that sort of off field pull.

Join WestSydneyFootball.Com and participate by registering an account.

I was talking to a mate over the weekend who’s family have involvement in ESFC at a board level. Apparently this is the second season running that he wanted to come to Australia for lifestyle reasons. Last year he wanted $8m but revised his asking price to $4-5m this season. He was offered to Victory and WSW also but was set on joining Sydney. At the time of talking to my mate, they were in the process of sorting accomodation and some extracurricular things for his family and things looked all but finalised. 

If money was an issue in the end, I question how it got so far into negotiations before it became a problem. Neither party would ignore such a big elephant in the room until the last minute. I haven’t spoke to my mate since it all got canned but to me there’s gotta be something more to this than just purely money. 

12 minutes ago, hughsey said:

I was talking to a mate over the weekend who’s family have involvement in ESFC at a board level. Apparently this is the second season running that he wanted to come to Australia for lifestyle reasons. Last year he wanted $8m but revised his asking price to $4-5m this season. He was offered to Victory and WSW also but was set on joining Sydney. At the time of talking to my mate, they were in the process of sorting accomodation and some extracurricular things for his family and things looked all but finalised. 

If money was an issue in the end, I question how it got so far into negotiations before it became a problem. Neither party would ignore such a big elephant in the room until the last minute. I haven’t spoke to my mate since it all got canned but to me there’s gotta be something more to this than just purely money. 

Probably wanted Arnie to be the coach with Adrian and Ninkovic feeding him plus Bobo as a strike partner.

Now its Corica and Ninkovic left so he stops. Maybe Riera gave him a call.

54 minutes ago, Paul01 said:

Probably wanted Arnie to be the coach with Adrian and Ninkovic feeding him plus Bobo as a strike partner.

Now its Corica and Ninkovic left so he stops. Maybe Riera gave him a call.

I doubt he has heard of any of them (Arnie , Bobo Adrian). If he was coming to Australia than I doubt it was for the coach or quality of his teams mates

3 hours ago, Prydzopolis said:

One thing I’d like to correct, FOXTEL has a $3m fund for the FFA to use for marquees. The marquee fund is misleading, ffa can only use this money for marquees. Whilst many giving the FFA stick for something that they’ve negotiated with the TV deal, it’s clearly something that Foxtel are happy to push & FFA obliged. Less willing to give them stick for that despite it not being the greatest long term strategy.

FFA weren’t willing to dedicate more than $2m to Torres as they were hoping to spend the rest on another marquee. Hard to think of another free agent that has that sort of off field pull.

What’s Yakubu doing these days?

15 hours ago, StringerBellend said:

What’s Yakubu doing these days?

Next on the list is crouch :lol: 

16 hours ago, hughsey said:

Probably a similar deal to ADP, family get a penthouse overlooking Sydney harbor but not sure they’d be opening up ADP’s private dressing room again :lol: Or maybe he wasn’t happy with the free Hyundai car? Even looking at schools!

Whats the bet that Japan came calling with an extra $2-4m he wanted :unknw:

Crouch that will really get the Eurosnobs in. 

4 minutes ago, StringerBellend said:

Crouch that will really get the Eurosnobs in. 

But at 38 what can he do on the field? Off field he’d be more of a hit, sure he’d hit FFA’s social media following metrics :lol: 

1 minute ago, Prydzopolis said:

But at 38 what can he do on the field? Off field he’d be more of a hit, sure he’d hit FFA’s social media following metrics :lol: 

whatever he can do i'm sure he's done it on a cold night in stoke

According to Crouch's agent “There have no approaches from Australia or discussions of any sort to my knowledge.”

Almost like Fox Sports has made up another one...

Reported by our very own mturner     yesterday, they are after Altidore. A very uninspiring signing but perhaps they just want to stick him in the box as a finisher? He isn’t the most agile bloke & his goal scoring record isn’t great.

Perhaps it’s a strategy of chasing a name in order to qualify for funds from the Foxsports but FFA determined marquee fund.

1 minute ago, Prydzopolis said:

Reported by our very own mturner     yesterday, they are after Altidore. A very uninspiring signing but perhaps they just want to stick him in the box as a finisher? He isn’t the most agile bloke & his goal scoring record isn’t great.

Perhaps it’s a strategy of chasing a name in order to qualify for funds from the Foxsports but FFA determined marquee fund.

Can't see Fox giving any money for him. 

Can't stand their arrogance in expecting that ANYONE they put up will get the funds from Fox.

If they were granted use of marquee funds for Altidore our club would be livid when the FFA turned down one of our targets a few years ago because he wasn’t high profile enough.

1 hour ago, Prydzopolis said:

I’d assumed that this was without ffa funding, also rumoured to be looking at Anichebe who is basically the same as altidore but slightly more crap

3 hours ago, Prydzopolis said:

:rofl:

21 minutes ago, Prydzopolis said:

But but but twitter

Not big enough for Gallop. He hasn't played for one of the top EPL teams.

http://www.goal.com/en-au/news/sydney-fc-compare-their-own-success-to-frances-world-cup-win/p3t9oph7g1h318vo3zsxyr87y

Sydney FC has been criticised by Australian football supporters after the club sent out a Facebook post comparing their A-League and FFA Cup success to France's World Cup victory Croatia.

The post included pictures of the Sky Blues lifting the A-League Championship, Premiers' Plate and FFA Cup alongside a photo of the French team holding the World Cup trophy aloft.

It was captioned: "We all know how Équipe de France de Football are feeling this morning after our recent seasons!! Congratulations and well played Hrvatski nogometni savez. What a FIFA World Cup that was!! Well done to all the team

2 minutes ago, HillsWanderer said:

http://www.goal.com/en-au/news/sydney-fc-compare-their-own-success-to-frances-world-cup-win/p3t9oph7g1h318vo3zsxyr87y

Sydney FC has been criticised by Australian football supporters after the club sent out a Facebook post comparing their A-League and FFA Cup success to France's World Cup victory Croatia.

The post included pictures of the Sky Blues lifting the A-League Championship, Premiers' Plate and FFA Cup alongside a photo of the French team holding the World Cup trophy aloft.

It was captioned: "We all know how Équipe de France de Football are feeling this morning after our recent seasons!! Congratulations and well played Hrvatski nogometni savez. What a FIFA World Cup that was!! Well done to all the team

Bunch of p****s.

Time for them to be taken down a peg or three.

Posted (edited)

And they ran a holiday clinic in North Parramatta last week. 

The hide of these p****s.

:xmad::xmad::xmad:

Edited by Paul01
Correction

26 minutes ago, Prydzopolis said:

Embarrassing

It really is pure wankery lol

Current Smurf starting line-up in their trial match (my assumption on positions and formation)

..................Redmayne

Grant......Warland.......Wilkinson....Zullo

Retre..........Brillante......O'Neill 

Buhagiar.....Brosque......Ninokovic

17 minutes ago, Paul01 said:

Current Smurf starting line-up in their trial match (my assumption on positions and formation)

..................Redmayne

Grant......Warland.......Wilkinson....Zullo

Retre..........Brillante......O'Neill 

Buhagiar.....Brosque......Ninokovic

If the use their foreign spots as well as they did last year they will be more than competitive