Sydney FC: Season 2018/19

mack

56 minutes ago, StringerBellend said:

Didn’t we trial him? This the guy playing for Hawkesbury City

He was apparently going to trial with us & still may, I'd need to check with my Uruguyan mate. We have multiple wide players, not that any are much good.

He's been working with some of the Smurf youth, so probs giving himself every opportunity of picking up a contract. 

8 hours ago, Taurus said:

He was apparently going to trial with us & still may, I'd need to check with my Uruguyan mate. We have multiple wide players, not that any are much good.

He's been working with some of the Smurf youth, so probs giving himself every opportunity of picking up a contract. 

Also, he'd be behind Riera and others compared to the Smurfs with no recognised striker other than the bearded one (traitor to the west)

No we didn’t trial him. Has been hoping for a chance for some time now. Yes he was playing for Hawkesbury in NPL3.

To me it seems like a big leap to sign this guy on a visa spot. He has talent & clearly can play much higher level than NPL3. Seems like a similar strategy signing that we did on Adeleke, going cheap on the visa player & hoping he comes good.

The last few years of success were based on 4 quality visa players but looks like lack of salary cap space means that this season is not as straight forward.

Their season depends on how well they replace: 

Bobo 
Adrian
Bujis

Bobo and Adrian were unplayable last year and will be big big losses.

Ninko and Brosque will be a year older so their new forwards will need to be spot on.

15 hours ago, Prydzopolis said:

Sorry should have made it clear, yes Eastern Sydney. Me using the word success should have given it away :lol: 

They will have heaps of space too they lost their two highest paid players under the cap 

28 minutes ago, Stokz said:

Their season depends on how well they replace: 

Bobo 
Adrian
Bujis

Bobo and Adrian were unplayable last year and will be big big losses.

Ninko and Brosque will be a year older so their new forwards will need to be spot on.

Exactly, if you look at their squad they have retained their core of decent Australian players (Wilkinson, zullo ....) 

Well this cheered me up one of the funniest A League related articles I’ve read 

The best bit is 

Sydney are believed to be in talks with several players who are at a similar level to Tevez, with one of them rumoured to be Nigerian striker Victor Anichebe”

This has to be the first and only time I’ve read that Anichebe is on a similar level to Carlos Tevez! 

Other funny highlights include 

Tevez being paid $41m for what he self describes as a “holiday” in China. 

Yes im sure he will come to sydney for $7m and take it seriously 

https://www.foxsports.com.au/football/a-league/carlos-tevez-one-of-several-highprofile-players-in-discussions-with-sydney/news-story/d56e693ed7ee9258b710966650a395b7

The sad part is people get paid to write this crap, where as my insightful posting here is entirely free 

16 minutes ago, mack said:

For you maybe. <_<

Actually I did just think of that, apologies Mack.

I was intending to say that nobody here gets paid for their posts which are generally more insightful than a “professional” journalist some how equating Victor Anichebe, wirh Carlos Tevez.

you know what I mean? 

17 hours ago, StringerBellend said:

Well this cheered me up one of the funniest A League related articles I’ve read 

The best bit is 

Sydney are believed to be in talks with several players who are at a similar level to Tevez, with one of them rumoured to be Nigerian striker Victor Anichebe”

This has to be the first and only time I’ve read that Anichebe is on a similar level to Carlos Tevez! 

Other funny highlights include 

Tevez being paid $41m for what he self describes as a “holiday” in China. 

Yes im sure he will come to sydney for $7m and take it seriously 

https://www.foxsports.com.au/football/a-league/carlos-tevez-one-of-several-highprofile-players-in-discussions-with-sydney/news-story/d56e693ed7ee9258b710966650a395b7

The sad part is people get paid to write this crap, where as my insightful posting here is entirely free 

Arnie's still getting calls in the middle of the night.....

3 minutes ago, Carns said:

Signed Daniel De Silva on loan from CCM. Wonder if he'll kick on and reach some of his potential?

I don’t want to be a nutty conspiracy theorist but, FFA announce intra A League Loan Rules yesterday, they were quick off the mark on this one.

Also Id have thought the idea of the rule was to give young players more game time, surely he was going to play every game at CCM

Edited by StringerBellend
29 minutes ago, StringerBellend said:

I don’t want to be a nutty conspiracy theorist but, FFA announce intra A League Loan Rules yesterday, they were quick off the mark on this one.

Also Id have thought the idea of the rule was to give young players more game time, surely he was going to play every game at CCM

He's been refusing to train at CCM to try and force a move to the Smurfs anyway (maybe wants exposure in Asia with ACL? Or just wants out of Gosford). He was using the Okon sacking as the excuse to dissolve the contract.

I can see where the conspiracy comes from (I thought the same when I saw it), but I am pretty sure it was announced that some sort of loan system would be introduced at the end of the last season.

2 minutes ago, Carns said:

He's been refusing to train at CCM to try and force a move to the Smurfs anyway (maybe wants exposure in Asia with ACL? Or just wants out of Gosford). He was using the Okon sacking as the excuse to dissolve the contract.

I can see where the conspiracy comes from (I thought the same when I saw it), but I am pretty sure it was announced that some sort of loan system would be introduced at the end of the last season.

Yea Sydney FC were trying to get Da Silva since the season finished for the Mariners in March, that loan system was talked about since last year

Still pretty quick though. They were talking about loans a while ago but until they actually release the rules around it they wouldn't have been able to do much. It was less than 24 hours from the FFA announcement to the loan announcement.

2 minutes ago, Davo said:

Still pretty quick though. They were talking about loans a while ago but until they actually release the rules around it they wouldn't have been able to do much. It was less than 24 hours from the FFA announcement to the loan announcement.

Surely the clubs would've been made aware of this before the public announcement though?

I probably shouldn't make assumptions when talking about FFA though.

1 hour ago, StringerBellend said:

You’d think it was perfect for someone like Grozos or Tass last season who wasn’t seeing much game time.

It’s good areas but nowhere near the levels of conspiracy you get in Italian football. Let’s just put it down to extreme luck that the rule change (which clubs have been wanting to come into place for some time) has worked out very favorable for them, allowing them to exploit it for there own devices.

56 minutes ago, Carns said:

Surely the clubs would've been made aware of this before the public announcement though?

I probably shouldn't make assumptions when talking about FFA though.

Yes you should - but you're being way too positive!

43 minutes ago, MathyouWSW said:

*FFA announce Intra-League loans*
Me: Hey, sounds like a great idea, I'm all for it. Good job, FFA!
*De Silva announced to be on loan from CCM to Sydney FC*
Me: Nope, f*ck the Intra-League loan rule and f*ck this little s*it having a sook for not playing at Mariners

I had the exact same feeling. The decision sounded like a great plan for younger players, not getting game time, to be loaned out to another club who could give him a chance to play. I'm sure the idea was never for a player having a sook to leave his team. 

5 hours ago, Sime11 said:

so the intra loan ruling will now be known as the De Silva rule....

He's playing and starting in their friendly against Sutherland. Wearing No. 11

De Silva is an undeniable talent but I wouldn't want him at WSW for free. Seems a handful and a sook (probably down to his management as much as himself). 

Couldn't be good for the dressing room.