Sydney FC: Season 2018/19

mack

10 minutes ago, wendybr said:

The two posts above are very astute, of course....but I have a dead set prediction.

Stevie Corica will be a lot harder to dislike and ridicule than Arnie was!  ;)

:lol::lol:

No.

No Wendy it will be easy.   :woah::wanderturtle:

2 hours ago, wendybr said:

The two posts above are very astute, of course....but I have a dead set prediction.

Stevie Corica will be a lot harder to dislike and ridicule than Arnie was!  ;)

:lol::lol:

Very true! 

Corica's personality will also make this very interesting. Arnie, for all his faults, was pretty good at riding the wave. When the team got on a roll he just gushed about them and kept the roll going. It was a castle built somewhat on sand, as we saw when they hit a hurdle at ACL time, but he had the players believing. They faltered right towards the end too, which means we'll never know if he'd have pulled them back. 

Corica won't be able to ride the wave in the same way, he certainly isn't one to bluff and bluster the way Arnie did, and if he tries he's gonna look stupid. So he's gonna have to manage in a more personable way, using those characteristics that make him more likeable to his advantage. I'm actually really intrigued to see how he goes as a number one, he always seemed more like a number 2, but those on the inside obviously see something else. I reckon Arnie probably advocated for him, paying forward the favour Guus Hiddink did when he said Arnie was ready to take over the Socceroos in 06. Let's hope this turns out just as well as that did! 

2 minutes ago, btron3000 said:

Very true! 

Corica's personality will also make this very interesting. Arnie, for all his faults, was pretty good at riding the wave. When the team got on a roll he just gushed about them and kept the roll going. It was a castle built somewhat on sand, as we saw when they hit a hurdle at ACL time, but he had the players believing. They faltered right towards the end too, which means we'll never know if he'd have pulled them back. 

Corica won't be able to ride the wave in the same way, he certainly isn't one to bluff and bluster the way Arnie did, and if he tries he's gonna look stupid. So he's gonna have to manage in a more personable way, using those characteristics that make him more likeable to his advantage. I'm actually really intrigued to see how he goes as a number one, he always seemed more like a number 2, but those on the inside obviously see something else. I reckon Arnie probably advocated for him, paying forward the favour Guus Hiddink did when he said Arnie was ready to take over the Socceroos in 06. Let's hope this turns out just as well as that did! 

Well Arnie has advocated for his replacement before - that worked out well for CCM

DT reckons that Bobo and Ninkovic will sign contract extensions, to be signed/announced next week. Good. We owe the Smurfs a few games where we play 90 minutes of football. 

On 17/05/2018 at 10:34 AM, MartinTyler said:

I can't see us getting into trouble with lewd effigees of Corica....his personality just doesn't attract that sort of reaction......Arnie did it to tee !!

Am I the only one that’s kinda gonna miss him?

I mean I won’t miss losing to him, but 1. I really wanted to see us knock him off his perch and witness another meltdown (rather than risk that meltdown coming at the expense of the national team), and 2. He’s such a **** that he suits them perfectly.

On 17/05/2018 at 10:34 AM, MartinTyler said:

I can't see us getting into trouble with lewd effigees of Corica....his personality just doesn't attract that sort of reaction......Arnie did it to tee !!

You can do it to Brosque who just re-signed with the Smurfs.

• 2 weeks later...

ninko 2 year new deal, but seems like Adrian will be leaving the a league, hes dirty that his 500k current deal didnt get upgraded as agreed to before hand. 

Salary cap is holding back the 2 outstanding players from last season and both seem destined to leave the a league unless they get marquee status and bigger wages. Leroy/Adrian adios!!

8 hours ago, tranquilo said:

ninko 2 year new deal, but seems like Adrian will be leaving the a league, hes dirty that his 500k current deal didnt get upgraded as agreed to before hand. 

Salary cap is holding back the 2 outstanding players from last season and both seem destined to leave the a league unless they get marquee status and bigger wages. Leroy/Adrian adios!!

I’m torn on the cap thing but largely in favour of it. Sure we are potentially losing two good players from the league which is bad. But I don’t want a EPL style league in which only 3-4 teams have a chance of doing anything. 

Besides if Adrian wants to stay in A League, then surely he will end up at one of the other teams with a marquee spot open. 

I’d love him to come here, he’s better than George, although the muscle celebration needs to go.

as for sydney Corica has a tough gig to meet the expectations of a spoilt bunch of supporters after the team has just lost 2 of its key players. Plus some of the  others are at point where getting a year older ain’t going to help. 

Is the Adrian leaving confirmed, I’d assumed they were going to add Bjuis salary to his existing one and go for a cheapo centre back.

Edited by StringerBellend

not sure what the current agreement esfc had with adrian,but its coincendence hes upset at the same time ninko got the 2 year new deal. Its about the $$$$$$$$$$$ in the end.

Both him and leroy have in my opinion givin a shinnin light on a rather dull a league season. personally id rather invest in a proven a league player rather than the risk of importing and paying marquee wages to a potential/cejudo/piovacarri/