Ruon Tongyik

2 hours ago, sonar said:

The same theorist were saying that Babbel was a better manager.......the reality......finished 8th...........conceded more goals.....lost more games...........lol

He had gombau’s squad ;)

14 hours ago, Davo said:

Gombau took a 6th place squad and turned it into a 7th place squad. Babbel took that squad and turned it into an 8th place squad.

As long as we’re not 9th next season it’s an improvement...

The squad gombau left was worse than what he was given 

• 1 year later...

https://www.smh.com.au/sport/soccer/how-an-82-year-old-neighbour-helped-an-a-league-defender-find-his-zen-20210118-p56uwd.html?ignorePublicState=true

Tis a nice story. Although he didn't work out at WSW I hope he can have a successful A-league career.

------------

Also, had to scroll through a number of pages to find his topic. Crazy that we've had 113 ex players! That works out to an average of 12 new players each year since the original squad.

10 minutes ago, Carns said:

https://www.smh.com.au/sport/soccer/how-an-82-year-old-neighbour-helped-an-a-league-defender-find-his-zen-20210118-p56uwd.html?ignorePublicState=true

Tis a nice story. Although he didn't work out at WSW I hope he can have a successful A-league career.

------------

Also, had to scroll through a number of pages to find his topic. Crazy that we've had 113 ex players! That works out to an average of 12 new players each year since the original squad.

Great story. I always rated Tongyik but for whatever reason it just didn't happen for at the Wanderers.

• 1 year later...
39 minutes ago, StringerBellend said:

It's great re reading the thread by god that StringerBellend is a right nobhead 

You think that’s bad? Here’s my post on this page from June 2019.

On 1/6/2019 at 8:51 PM, Davo said:

Gombau took a 6th place squad and turned it into a 7th place squad. Babbel took that squad and turned it into an 8th place squad.

As long as we’re not 9th next season it’s an improvement...

We finished 9th the next season…

• mack locked this topic
  • mack unlocked and locked this topic
  • mack unlocked and locked this topic
On 20/10/2023 at 4:43 PM, Wanderboy said:

Considering his player profile thread is closed, there's no where else to put this but here I suppose.

Just announced on the radio that Ruon Tongyik has been charged with aggravated sexual assault.

https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/newslocal/penrith-press/aleagues-ruon-tongyik-charged-with-aggravated-sexual-assault/news-story/0a9d562bc6fe5de5a5fb9faaeb84db52?amp

Referred to as "former WSW's player", despite the fact he has played for several other clubs. The alleged incident occurred 5 years ago.

Post above will be the last post regarding this issue for now. Please refrain from speculation on other parts of the site. Thanks.