Ruon Tongyik

mack

2 hours ago, sonar said:

The same theorist were saying that Babbel was a better manager.......the reality......finished 8th...........conceded more goals.....lost more games...........lol

He had gombau’s squad ;)

4 minutes ago, StringerBellend said:

He had gombau’s squad ;)

Who had Popa squad...lol ..........:rofl:

14 hours ago, Davo said:

Gombau took a 6th place squad and turned it into a 7th place squad. Babbel took that squad and turned it into an 8th place squad.

As long as we’re not 9th next season it’s an improvement...

The squad gombau left was worse than what he was given 

• 1 year later...

https://www.smh.com.au/sport/soccer/how-an-82-year-old-neighbour-helped-an-a-league-defender-find-his-zen-20210118-p56uwd.html?ignorePublicState=true

Tis a nice story. Although he didn't work out at WSW I hope he can have a successful A-league career.

------------

Also, had to scroll through a number of pages to find his topic. Crazy that we've had 113 ex players! That works out to an average of 12 new players each year since the original squad.

10 minutes ago, Carns said:

https://www.smh.com.au/sport/soccer/how-an-82-year-old-neighbour-helped-an-a-league-defender-find-his-zen-20210118-p56uwd.html?ignorePublicState=true

Tis a nice story. Although he didn't work out at WSW I hope he can have a successful A-league career.

------------

Also, had to scroll through a number of pages to find his topic. Crazy that we've had 113 ex players! That works out to an average of 12 new players each year since the original squad.

Great story. I always rated Tongyik but for whatever reason it just didn't happen for at the Wanderers.